Author Topic: finances  (Read 26273 times)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
finances
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:56:48 PM »
does anyone of you know the real state of the clubs financial situation, or any websites that you can obtain company financial reports without having to pay for them? i would like to know the real figures and what the club debt stands at.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: finances
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »
PM Scouse Pilgrim or Keith Floyd! He's know more than the happy clappers on here about the state the club is in!
Keep up the good work KF!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
David Newton is available to speak to at every game home and away, ask him.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 11:30:41 PM »
does anyone of you know the real state of the clubs financial situation, or any websites that you can obtain company financial reports without having to pay for them? i would like to know the real figures and what the club debt stands at.

If you think that this information is important to you,or suspect that the people in charge of our club aren't working in BUFCSs best interests,why not seek out DN or NK at any home game.....I have always found them to be very approachable,upfront and transparent about things like this (or indeed anything else).....
Or alternatively,raise your concerns at the next Forum.....

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 08:14:53 AM »
It appears to me that despite over 200 views on this topic and so little response, that all the posters on this forum who bang on about budgets and costings in running the club seem to have not come up with any answers reguarding the financial position of the club. Therefore I have come to the conclusion that you all have no clue and should keep your made up comments reguarding monies to yourselves unless you can back up your views with real facts.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:58:54 AM »
You obviously don't read all the posts on here or the Boston Standard. The rent is £75,000 a year and the Chairman stated that the budget had been cut slightly from last year. When one of the applicants for the managers job applied he wanted a budget of £9,000 and was told that was too high so we can assume the budget is somewhere around £4 to £5 K. On average gates of 1100 you don't need to be Einstien to work out that the Board are funding a large short fall. Not sure what else as a fan we are supposed to know.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 11:19:44 AM »
You obviously don't read all the posts on here or the Boston Standard. The rent is £75,000 a year and the Chairman stated that the budget had been cut slightly from last year. When one of the applicants for the managers job applied he wanted a budget of £9,000 and was told that was too high so we can assume the budget is somewhere around £4 to £5 K. On average gates of 1100 you don't need to be Einstien to work out that the Board are funding a large short fall. Not sure what else as a fan we are supposed to know.

Is that 4-5 K a week Tash?  just being nosey :)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 12:05:35 PM »

Is that 4-5 K a week Tash?  just being nosey :)

I would guess it is it could even be a tadge lower.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
I don't profess to know much about the clubs finances. I do know that at the fans forum DN gave a list of the losses made:

07/08 400+ K
08/09 circa 250 K
09/10 circa 210 K
10/11 circa 160 K

These are all from memory so may not be 100% accurate. Added up that's over £1M in losses over the last 4 seasons. This season it was projected that the loss would be substantially reduced again I think DN said to under 100 K, but that was based on an average gate similar to last season so will probably be the same as last season or greater...

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »

You ASSUME THE BUDGET. You obviously know about as much as me, feck all

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 12:55:56 PM »
I don't profess to know much about the clubs finances. I do know that at the fans forum DN gave a list of the losses made:

07/08 400+ K
08/09 circa 250 K
09/10 circa 210 K
10/11 circa 160 K

These are all from memory so may not be 100% accurate. Added up that's over £1M in losses over the last 4 seasons. This season it was projected that the loss would be substantially reduced again I think DN said to under 100 K, but that was based on an average gate similar to last season so will probably be the same as last season or greater...

Thanks wp. Some facts with back up.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »

Ken,

If the accounts are sent to you can you (as .pdf files) post them up here somehow I wonder?

Thank you
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
As at 2010. Father Ted explaining to Dougal about BUFC's little problem.

What does BUFC own in terms of fixed assets?      £297,923   good   

What other current things does BUFC own?               

Stocks (not a sauce or gravy)                     £10,828      good   
debtors (people who owe BUFC money)      £95,913      good   
cash at bank (spondoolies in Dave's bank)   £83,876      good   
                                         Total     £190,617         

What debts does BUFC have                
falling due in one year? (I wonder
who is owed all this money?)         -£1,580,520             very, very bad. ouch!   

How much in debt is BUFC taking               
into account what it has and what it owes -£1,091,980   very bad indeed   

This is represented by what the shareholders have:               

Shares issued          £249,848      
Capital redemption reserve      £102      
Profit and loss reserve      -£1,341,930   Very, very bad   

-£1,091,980

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:26:08 PM by Scouse Pilgrim »
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »
but what does that mean Mark?

Does it mean that the major debtor can foreclose the club tomorrow?

How stable is the debt?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 01:38:01 PM »
Many thanks Scouse Pilgrim! Atleast somebody knows what happening at the club!