Author Topic: finances  (Read 26275 times)

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: finances
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »
Just remind us all Gus who did not turn up to meet the MP for South Holland when the criminals were running the club.  :-*
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
I have been waiting for you to come up with that load of bollox.

As you, and others know, I was trying to involve a London based syndicate in taking over the club (subsequently knocked on the head by Rodwell who refused to talk to them as he was trying to line his pockets by dealing with a Leeds property developer who was later sent to prison).

Your invitation to meet the MP was only made on the morning of your meeting and at the time I wasn't a member of The Trust.

Because of a possible conflict of interest, plus the fact that I had been warned what a tosser you are (since confirmed ten-fold), I decided to stay clear.

At no point during any conversation with you did I say that I definately would turn up.

Now go back to your drunken stupor and stop rambling.

Keith_Floyd

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
Gus, a little disrespectful there. Fact is a BUFC Trust would never exist without Scouse Pilgrim!
The time, effort and finances he put in to get the trust up and running should be applauded.
3 of us met the MP that day and it was a successful meeting.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
So what went wrong?  ???

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2012, 01:01:03 AM »
It seems obvious to me that the attacks on those running Boston United now, by SP/KF is to protect the businesses within the town.

Far from "ending in tears" as he puts it, remaining at York Street will end in tears, due to the high rent and the number of years left on the lease running down, so a move to an alternative site is needed.   That will also mean that Boston United can start to generate cash from the new ground which isn't possible at York Street.

Will Oldrids lose business on a Saturday?   -  quite possibly and that I believe is the real reason for the attacks on the Directors of Boston United.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »
Financially BUFC is in a mess.

Fortunately the current owners have absorbed the operating debt, but with the potential continuing decline in attendance income will be below forecast and the objective of breaking even this season will not be achieved.

Unfortunately long term the picture is even bleaker with no ground. The assumption that a new ground will appear from nowhere and with it cash generation, is just that - an assumption.

A serious amount of cash is needed for such a project and as the last lot found its not as easy as it might seem. Whilst the Chestnuts are in the business of land development, this a large and expensive project - can we expect them to finance such a move? Are they willing to underwrite the costs? Are they able to finance such a project?
Their stated aim was to hand the club over to the 'fans'? Or do they mean hand the team over to the 'fans' whilst retaining the stadium asset and leasing it back to the club?

Lots to look forward to over the next couple of years?

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
I have been waiting for you to come up with that load of bollox.
As you, and others know, I was trying to involve a London based syndicate in taking over the club (subsequently knocked on the head by Rodwell who refused to talk to them as he was trying to line his pockets by dealing with a Leeds property developer who was later sent to prison).
Your invitation to meet the MP was only made on the morning of your meeting and at the time I wasn't a member of The Trust.
Because of a possible conflict of interest, plus the fact that I had been warned what a tosser you are (since confirmed ten-fold), I decided to stay clear.
At no point during any conversation with you did I say that I definately would turn up.Now go back to your drunken stupor and stop rambling.

You having a bad day Gussie-poohs? Let's face it I was glad when you did not turn up. We needed reliable people. We know who you were working for and why you tried to ingratiate yourself with those who exposed the likes of Rodwell, Evans and Sotnick.
On the other matter: What have you got against against alcoholics anyway? Was your father one and did he give you a hard time? Did this result in under-achievement academically? May be that's it?  :bunny
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2012, 02:04:07 PM »
When you get to my age, every day is a good day.

Just to wake up in the morning is a bonus.

And, for your information, my departed father was certainly not an alcoholic, although I do remember him having the odd bottle of IPA at Christmas.  As for abuse, verbal only.

Under-achieved?  Well, old Sid Ricketts did put on my final report at BGS that I had got a lot out of school but not as much out of the classroom as he would have liked!

Since then I have graduated from the UCL with an honours degree.

UCL is the University of Country Life which means I am well able to spot cnuts like you from a mile off!

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »

Seconded Gus!!

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2012, 01:21:30 PM »

And, for your information, my departed father was certainly not an alcoholic, although I do remember him having the odd bottle of IPA at Christmas.  As for abuse, verbal only.

It must be genetic  ::)

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2012, 04:23:48 PM »

It must be genetic  ::)

What's your excuse?