Author Topic: finances  (Read 26389 times)

Keith_Floyd

Re: finances
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 07:43:03 PM »
The reality is we have a Chairman with no affinity with our club, could a lifelong Lincoln City fan really love Boston United? Maybe as much as our previous Chairmen, rugby fan Des Wood and Portsmouth fan Jon Sotnick.

I'm very suspicious of property developers, its all about land deals especially the bigger picture of Tattershall Road. £££££

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »
As stated by DN and NK a long, long time ago, the idea that they are going through all this just to get hold of a bit of land for Chestnut Homes is ridiculous. I'm sure that there'd be much more efficient ways for them to get hold of Tattershall Road, given that, as I remember, the only sort of claim to that land associated with BUFC is some tenuous option that another company (Sportsfund?) has. Moreover, they've pointed out that Chestnut Homes has access to plenty of other, much easier sites to build on, and I guess even if those sites fetch slightly lower house prices, they probably don't have the disadvantage of having to sink millions of pounds and countless hours into a bankrupt football club first.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
Nice post Adam  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »
Any one else have a view?   ;)

Keith_Floyd

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
As stated by DN and NK a long, long time ago, the idea that they are going through all this just to get hold of a bit of land for Chestnut Homes is ridiculous. I'm sure that there'd be much more efficient ways for them to get hold of Tattershall Road, given that, as I remember, the only sort of claim to that land associated with BUFC is some tenuous option that another company (Sportsfund?) has. Moreover, they've pointed out that Chestnut Homes has access to plenty of other, much easier sites to build on, and I guess even if those sites fetch slightly lower house prices, they probably don't have the disadvantage of having to sink millions of pounds and countless hours into a bankrupt football club first.

Who owns Sportsfund!
The devil will be in the detail, but only the delusional think the Chestnuts will sink millions of pounds into our football club!
I'm sure their countless hours will be rewarded  ;)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 08:37:16 PM »

Who owns Sportsfund!
The devil will be in the detail, but only the delusional think the Chestnuts will sink millions of pounds into our football club!

It's difficult to work out, I think.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »
If any of the Isaacs ARE  floating around on here (under nom-de -plumes)  maybe they could say if they still own the property on Willoughby Rd ?
  They held a lot of functions there for the locals in the 1950s 60s . . so the aged relative tells me .
                Or p / m  me .
                                       f T

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »
What is so special about tattershall Rd anyway?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »

Who owns Sportsfund!

And prey tell why shoudln't they get some of their dosh back if they do a land deal and BUFC get a new ground out of it.

Surely if you buy a football club you buy the existing debt, ie-: you pay the clubs debters so you become the one who owes the debt and also the one who is owed the debt. Then as I see it you have 3 options.

1. You do a land deal build a new ground take the money that is owed to you and either give or sell the club debt free.

2. You keep the club and hope to turn round its finances so you can get at least some of your cash back.

3.You sell the club to another Roman Abramovich.

I suppose what I am saying is we should thank our lucky stars that David and Neil(a BUFC supporter by the way) came forward after that eventfull Fathers day meeting. I certainly didn't see our two key board warriors Vino and the scouse kid offering any pearls of wisdom.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
I notice the delightful Rooster/K.F./Scouser has preferred to ignore my earlier posting about the local mafiosa which must confirm everyones suspicions that he has an ulterior motive for the vitriol he is aiming at the Chestnuts and the club.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »
I think "Keith" might be a champagne giving sidekick rather than the chief Oldrids share price protector :-$

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »
I'm curious to know what happened with you two.
From reading the forums over many years I know that you used to travel to games together on the train along with a fine wine. You had some hospitality at the New England and a photo taken with big Jason in your suits.
Where did it all go wrong?
I recall Rooster suddenly emerging in a flurry of emails, Mark asking all the right questions of the Evans gang, but then suddenly starting to annoy folk with his postings. There are ways of asking a Sir Cookie a question ... the recent posting wasn't it. As we know it's difficult enough getting volunteers to sit on committees.

Good point Louth. I can't exactly remember what the fall out was about. Guys ? It's a shame as Boston doesn't have a massive fan base as it is.

DL

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
I notice the delightful Rooster/K.F./Scouser has preferred to ignore my earlier posting about the local mafiosa which must confirm everyones suspicions that he has an ulterior motive for the vitriol he is aiming at the Chestnuts and the club.

Yeah! Some of us have long memories don't we Gus?

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2012, 05:37:39 PM »
Gone a bit quiet, O.P., don't you think?

Do you think I have hit a raw nerve?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:39:21 PM by Gus »

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2012, 07:44:02 PM »
S.P. not at the game today.....only 4 miles to support the lads....hope your "mattress" arrived on time :-D