Author Topic: Chris Hall  (Read 12698 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Hall
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
We just did not play as a team yesterday simple as, Many of us including myself gave a knee jerk reaction after such a poor game with Many picking on certain players wich in truth we shouldn,t be.  We have 11 Players out there that should and need to work as a team and there for if we do play bad they all need to look at it and work together to change it..

We can all pick on Certain Players or Praise Certain Players but my veiw remains the same,
You can put a shocking player in any team and they will look okay in a team full of fight,work rate and spirit and a team that will work hard for the other 10 on the pitch,

What we need to ask about yesterday is we had fight and work rate but did we have the spirit and the team work,
Was the game Different When Semple came on or did it just change becouse semple as that Desire ,Spirit and want wich rubs of on the others ?

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
What rubbish we read at times on here. Chris Hall is a decent player, with strength and fitness. He doesn't have many bad games, and  often improves things when coming on from the bench. If you want our players to perform
get off their backs and encourage them.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 05:27:00 PM »
What rubbish we read at times on here. Chris Hall is a decent player, with strength and fitness. He doesn't have many bad games, and  often improves things when coming on from the bench. If you want our players to perform
get off their backs and encourage them.

Nice post Tony. People perform with encouragement and praise. I understand that people who have had a life of criticism then go on to do the same, but they really need to take a hard look at themselves for tearing players apart, It is a reflection of how they feel about themselves.  :)

Some on here are destined for the motivational speaker tour  :D
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
I can only assume that NF has a personal issue with Chris Hall to have even started this topic.
Like most who have replied intelligently and with some knowledge of football, I thought he was one of our better players on Saturday and I was also taken aback when he was substituted.
I think being substituted while playing well is punishment enough, without the ridiculous rantings that followed on here!!
Putting the crass comments from the original post to one side, I don't understand the posts that say he had a poor game or that he was out of position.
I agree that his best position is as a winger, but I don't think many people turning up on Saturday for their first game would have thought he was anything but a midfielder.
With regard to local players being the one's committed to the cause, well, as Andy said, Hall has hardly let us down when picked and he was born in Boston and lives in Lincoln, so how local do you need to be.
I see Chris has obviously read the early vitriole, but hope he has also seen that there are decent football people who come on here and support the players in the right way.

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »
this is first time ive seen this post and it just made me laugh and feel ashamed. I was one who cheered at the subs but that was just to see the wingers coming on and didnt even see who was coming off at first. I really dont know how you can play 2 big strikers on the pitch and nobody to cross in a ball, for the last few games we have played three centre mids and 1 winger so why did they change it on saturday? No coincidence why the performance wasnt there. If they had played the system of the last few games you could say hall didnt fit in but he played well when he came on at eastwood so why the change of formation? Im still not even sure where everyone was playing after having 2 days to think about it! Looking forward to next saturday more than tuesday and hope it can just be a bit of pressure off the players and hope they enjoy the journey south as much as i intend too. UTP

Scouse Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »
Andy,

Essentially, you've just said Chris Hall is a pile of shit, then had a go at people for saying he's a pile of shit. He can hear what is said on the terraces, he can also read your post. There's no difference....

My thoughts exactly Pete B. You can't take this Andy chap too seriously spouting cr@p like this can you?   :xmashat
The B-Ark.  For Boston fans to talk about anything and everything they want to. Including trolls.

boggy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »

With regard to local players being the one's committed to the cause, well, as Andy said, Hall has hardly let us down when picked and he was born in Boston and lives in Lincoln, so how local do you need to be.
I see Chris has obviously read the early vitriole, but hope he has also seen that there are decent football people who come on here and support the players in the right way.
Sorry folks -
Meant what Tony said, not Andy(think he's the problem!)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
And sorry Dave but CH has done nothing for me all season, he's been completely anonymous........but I respect your view, we all see a different game. And thanks for not joining in the usual abuse fest led by the usual cowardly suspects.

Blimey, I find myself agreeing with N40s on something!  I don't think CH has contributed much to our season so far.  He works hard, and always gives 100%, but it just doesn't seem to work for him.  I really want him to do well, but it doesn't look like happening at the moment, and how long can we afford to leave it before making changes to the squad?

I have to say that he's not alone in that - not much is working for Sleath at the moment either (IMO because of his trip to China at the start of the season - I've said all along he would struggle this season, just like so many players do after a World Cup or Euros in the summer).

The ironic cheers when CH came off were because we were finally getting some width - for me, it was nothing to do with who was coming off. 

There has been mention of CH being played out of position, but what is his best position?  Most of the games I've seen him play wide right, but that hasn't looked a natural position.  I thought he was a forward, so am a bit surprised he hasn't ever been included as one of a front three when we've used that formation.  He seems to be moved around to fill in anywhere when someone else is injured, which can't help form or confidence.

Keep working hard, Chris - most of us appreciate that.  Hopefully a goal or two will come soon and that can change everything.