Author Topic: Chris Hall  (Read 12695 times)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Hall
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 10:40:46 PM »
Andy,

Essentially, you've just said Chris Hall is a pile of shit, then had a go at people for saying he's a pile of shit. He can hear what is said on the terraces, he can also read your post. There's no difference....

The fact is he's not good enough for this level Pete, he didn't get a look in at Alfreton and he didn't get a look in at a poor Gainsborough side last season. Most people around me see nothing in him to endear him to us.....

Yet our two managers think he's a capable player.

"The fact is he's not good enough for this level Pete, Not a fact, just your view he didn't get a look in at Alfreton and he didn't get a look in at a poor Gainsborough side last season. It's about competition, therefore depends on the others competing! Most people around me see nothing in him to endear him to us.....Not really a recognised reference group, old chap!.... Lets try a longitudinal study!

Yet our two managers think he's a capable player. You a mind reader?"  ;)   ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:44:08 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 10:44:19 PM »

Here is what Chris tweeted

'Been absolutely ripped a new one on the fans forum tonight it seems. #cheers'

'cheers fellas. Dont get me wrong, expt criticism bt seems unwarranted at times. And comments like that don't help.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »

Here is what Chris tweeted

'Been absolutely ripped a new one on the fans forum tonight it seems. #cheers'

'cheers fellas. Dont get me wrong, expt criticism bt seems unwarranted at times. And comments like that don't help.

We should really look at another definition of "supporter" for those to which it applies!  :)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:45 PM »

And here was me thinking The Muppet Show was no longer around on a Saturday night.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
Ha.......... Statler!........... N40 becomes N80.........  twice as negative!!  ;)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 11:06:26 PM »
What a load of sh*te and I am not talking about Chris Hall, I am talking about the wonderful decision to put two wingers on and take Chris off. All the first half Hall got the ball under control but had no wide men to pass to. To play without a winger to accommodate one of their mates was unbelievable. Then to hear Jason Lee on radio say he didn't play a winger because they were inconsistant beggars belief.
I am afraid that our managers are beginning to look out of their depth and something needs to be done.
The three hundred or so who are not bothering to turn up are costing the club what is virtually the rent being paid for the ground, and if it continues we are going to be in serious trouble again.
Yes I will be there on Tuesday and on Saturday at Dartford but I fear further humiliation and frustration.  

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
We all know wingers are inconsistent, it's in the nature of trying to beat players for a living.  I mentioned it in the discussion about Kirk a week or so back, Semple is the same.  Stuck out there on the wing, they're never going to beat the man everytime and in Semples case might occasionally come up against a player quicker than him and in that game he'll struggle.  For that reason teams play 2 usually and hope that 1 is on his game and has the beating of his man.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
I think it's unfair on Chris to single him or any player out as playing poor, deserved or not, win as a team lose as a team. FWIW I thought Hall was one of our better players, only Ross from the starting 11 played better IMO, but nobody covered themselves in glory. It says it all that Semps got MOTM when only playing half hour or so.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »

Chris Hall didn't have the best of games, but I'm not going to criticise him. It was his first action in a while, he was inevitably a bit rusty and he was being asked to play in a position that clearly isn't natural to him. He is an out-and-out winger. Chris is obviously reading this forum judging by his comments on Twitter, and I for one think we should say "thank you" and "keep going" for the effort he gave yesterday. Despite all of the above factors, he didn't "go missing" and still wanted the ball, and that's a positive thing.

Criticism of the managers in trying to accommodate Hall in the centre of midfield is justified. We need to add a recognised midfielder to the squad to cover for the absence of Ben Milnes. Maybe we should recall Adam Millson from his loan at Quorn? Some people on here have said that Millson isn't good enough for this level of football, but our managers clearly thought that he was up to the standard when they signed him in the summer, and presumably still do so on the basis that they haven't permanently released him. So they should have the courage of their convictions and bring him back. Alternatively, and subject to budget constraints, we need to enter the loan market and bring in a recognised central midfielder on a short term loan deal. One of the criteria for our managers getting the job must have been to have the right contacts to be able to go out and do that, so now is the time for them to prove they're up to it.

I agree with Jason Lee that wingers are inconsistent, but equally I think that players are only as good as their last match. And as Ryan Semple was our best player in the second half at Eastwood, his current form demanded that he should have started yesterday's match.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:38 AM »

Chris Hall didn't have the best of games, but I'm not going to criticise him. It was his first action in a while, he was inevitably a bit rusty and he was being asked to play in a position that clearly isn't natural to him. He is an out-and-out winger. Chris is obviously reading this forum judging by his comments on Twitter, and I for one think we should say "thank you" and "keep going" for the effort he gave yesterday. Despite all of the above factors, he didn't "go missing" and still wanted the ball, and that's a positive thing.

Criticism of the managers in trying to accommodate Hall in the centre of midfield is justified. We need to add a recognised midfielder to the squad to cover for the absence of Ben Milnes. Maybe we should recall Adam Millson from his loan at Quorn? Some people on here have said that Millson isn't good enough for this level of football, but our managers clearly thought that he was up to the standard when they signed him in the summer, and presumably still do so on the basis that they haven't permanently released him. So they should have the courage of their convictions and bring him back. Alternatively, and subject to budget constraints, we need to enter the loan market and bring in a recognised central midfielder on a short term loan deal. One of the criteria for our managers getting the job must have been to have the right contacts to be able to go out and do that, so now is the time for them to prove they're up to it.

I agree with Jason Lee that wingers are inconsistent, but equally I think that players are only as good as their last match. And as Ryan Semple was our best player in the second half at Eastwood, his current form demanded that he should have started yesterday's match.
Very good post YSP, I agree 100% with all of that.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:59 AM »
Andy,

Essentially, you've just said Chris Hall is a pile of shit, then had a go at people for saying he's a pile of shit. He can hear what is said on the terraces, he can also read your post. There's no difference....

The fact is he's not good enough for this level Pete, he didn't get a look in at Alfreton and he didn't get a look in at a poor Gainsborough side last season. Most people around me see nothing in him to endear him to us.....

Yet our two managers think he's a capable player.

The point Pete was clarifying though is that the serve you gave him specifically on here is just the same as any cat calls from the terrace.  In fact I'd say it might even be worse as its considered and not just a potential reaction shout to what is happening in front of you.  He has clearly read it, going by a tweet from him last night, as I'm sure other players/managers have.

They were all poor yesterday, Ward and Bazza getting credit more than others and Semple showing why it's complete nonsense to have him on the bench.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
I for one was stunned yesterday when Hally was taken off along with Ross they were the two stand out players. When he gets the ball he does at least look to do something with it instead of just giving it the big heave ho. Play him in his best position then you will see he could develope into one of the best players at the club.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
I hope the players and managers have read it Adam, they might just realize that people are sick to death of half hearted performances, especially against the supposed weaker sides. As you correctly say Baz and Ward can emerge with a bit of credit, the rest.........if I put in shifts like that I'd soon be getting pulled up for it.

And sorry Dave but CH has done nothing for me all season, he's been completely anonymous........but I respect your view, we all see a different game. And thanks for not joining in the usual abuse fest led by the usual cowardly suspects.

The sooner the season finishes the better........

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 10:19:52 AM »
you are indeed the classic egotist.  :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 11:03:28 AM »
Norty40 it seems its the local players who care about the club!If we lose next week I predict a big clear!