Author Topic: what has happened to the legends?  (Read 8220 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: what has happened to the legends?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »

Thommo was a little bit too defensive in his tactics for my liking, and placed too much onus on not losing matches rather than on winning them. But he still did a brilliant job in keeping us up against the odds, and he reintroduced honesty and integrity to the club. He deserves a great reception tomorrow night.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
Thommo had the bottle to drop Clare to the reserves, a great move that got the other players playing with a smile on their faces. A true footballing legend lets here it for him tonight.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
Clare to the reserves! I remember it well and DT Woodhall was on the receiving end of a 2 finger salute from Clare.  :)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »
I remember it well. Clare was gone by the weekend too. I also remember ( before your time Mark) that I sent in a letter to the standard suggesting how Howard Wilkinson could improve the way the team was playing and he was sacked by the weekend too.

Pity I hav'nt got the same influence now!!!!! Do you think we could persuade him to stay and become manager again?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:54:45 PM by dt woodhall »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 03:20:59 PM »
Don,t rcall Wilkinson getting sacked dt .    I think he read your letter and walked !

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
DT ! I was guilty of holding the"Kerr must go" banner! Right above his dug out and it was in blood coloured paint (that's how the Standard described it).A few days latter he had been sacked!Pat threatened the other person with a banning order but not me!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
I remember it well. Clare was gone by the weekend too.
Didn't Clare have one more game at Macclesfield, and then was let go?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 06:02:24 PM »
I know you have all been busy on other threads but just like to say it was good to see the /us happy clappers and the  moaners unite last night to give Neil a great fully deserved reception .   Just to point out the highlight of the evening for me.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
I know you have all been busy on other threads but just like to say it was good to see the /us happy clappers and the  moaners unite last night to give Neil a great fully deserved reception .   Just to point out the highlight of the evening for me.

I agree, what a fine fella Neil still is. Well done Craig and thanks for that.  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell