Author Topic: Realistic points total  (Read 22835 times)

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic points total
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »
N40 - Fair points. Any Club will always get the numbers through the gates when the big games come to town. I worry more about the run of the mill games. Sky Sports seems to be winning and small Clubs like Boston (in a geographical backwater) suffer more than most. Also, with a boom in foreigners to the county, how many of these actually come to games ?

Anyway, back on topic, We will get 69 points. No idea why. I just like the number.

DL
imo there needs to be more advertisement around the town and surrounding areas if we are to attract a large amount of new support like the foriegn nationals etc,  i dont know the financial costs of this but if it could be benificial then i believe it would be a good idea

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »
You can argue the pros and cons of the club being more pro active in the community until you are blue in the face, the fact of the matter is a winning team will always draw the punters in no matter what league we are in.......2 years ago we averaged around 1300 in the NPL but that was on the back of a side on the up, we'll do well to match that this season a league higher simply because we're so bloody hit and miss....

Economics play as big a part in the attendance as anything though, and sadly football at all levels has started to become a very expensive day out, for the £20ish it costs an adult and child to come and stand on the terraces that money would see a family of 4 at the cinema.....or a good takeaway meal with drinks.....or a night in the pub. Football has to realize its supporters are not the captive audience they were 15-20 years ago, times have moved on and even in a backwater like Boston there are plenty of entertainment options other than the football club.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
eastwood  D,   blyth   W,   b,stortford   D,   nuuny   L,   corby  D   =6
hinkley  W,   colwyn   L,   worcester  D,   vauxhall   L,   gloucester,   W   =7
worcester   D,  staly  L,  alty  D,   droylsden  W,   gloucester  D   =6
harrogate  W,  halifax  D,   gainsborough   W,   hyde   L,   guiseley  L  =7

26 out of 45=average=mid table  

i do think this would be the worst we will do. with more improvement we could get another 6-9 pts and finish about 7th with around 65pts

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:21 PM »
C'mon N40  ;)  post the full predictions  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
You can argue the pros and cons of the club being more pro active in the community until you are blue in the face, the fact of the matter is a winning team will always draw the punters in no matter what league we are in.......2 years ago we averaged around 1300 in the NPL but that was on the back of a side on the up, we'll do well to match that this season a league higher simply because we're so bloody hit and miss....

Economics play as big a part in the attendance as anything though, and sadly football at all levels has started to become a very expensive day out, for the £20ish it costs an adult and child to come and stand on the terraces that money would see a family of 4 at the cinema.....or a good takeaway meal with drinks.....or a night in the pub. Football has to realize its supporters are not the captive audience they were 15-20 years ago, times have moved on and even in a backwater like Boston there are plenty of entertainment options other than the football club.

Night in The pub...............£20.00 Bloody hell You found a cheap drinking place, 2 Hours in the pub for me cost 30+ on my own.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »
2 of us, 4 pints each, about £20.

To me, going to the pub doesn't involve getting a gallon down my neck and not remembering anything about the night before the morning after!

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:34 PM »
Still N40 getting 8 pints for 20 quid is very good these days.

I'd struggle to get that for 30 quid down in Cardiff

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 03:56:23 PM »
Drew, you need to move to Sheffield! My local has a decent pint (Farmers Blonde) for £2. Last time I went to the Bradfield brewery tap it was £1.70.

In the middle of Sheffield you'd be paying more admittedly...

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »
Batemans was about £2.50 in The Carps the other night, not been out for ages......was shocked to be charged £7 for 2 bottles of gassy lager in The White Hart mind!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »
Ship Tavern, XB £2.20 a pint. Sorted.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 05:45:32 PM »
2 of us, 4 pints each, about £20.

To me, going to the pub doesn't involve getting a gallon down my neck and not remembering anything about the night before the morning after!

I Only picked on it becouse you said a night wich to most of us would be 7 till 11-12 at5-6 pints.

6 pints at say 2.50 is 15 add that twice is 30

Thats all.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 06:18:55 PM »
Think I might have to change the title of this topic to "Realistic Pints Total"!  ;D

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it's a good un'.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
happy new year to everybody eeven the happy clappers.

I like to think I am optimistic, but some of these estimates are sky high.

Lets review at the year end and I will be the first to say well done everybody if we do really well.

Cant see it with this team and these managers.

My best estimate  is  between 55 to 61.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2011, 07:17:56 PM »
Think I might have to change the title of this topic to "Realistic Pints Total"!  ;D

Happy New Year everyone. Hope it's a good un'.

You are right Ken, some can't stick to the topic, answer the question or have an old axe to grind  :) No change there then! ;)   Mind that's the trouble with having a chip the size of a small country on their shoulder!
Ah well, Happy New Year to all you decent positive and progressive folk able to look forward and move onwards  :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:25:39 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2011, 08:29:44 PM »
Happy New Year myleftfoot