Author Topic: Realistic points total  (Read 22833 times)

woad_pilgrim

Realistic points total
« on: December 28, 2011, 10:51:14 PM »
There's been a lot of conjecture regarding the difficulty of the last 2 months of the season and people basing our final league position on that. So how brave are we all feeling, I am going to nail my colours to the mast and predict that we will gain another 42 pts from our remaining 20 matches  :o

That'd give us 73 which would have been enough for the play-offs for the last 2 seasons. Anybody else brave enough to have a go? Just for a bit of fun and we can revisit at regular intervals  :D

Edit:

Predicted results:

Jan                                           Feb                                     March                                April

Eastwood (A) - W                    Hinckley (A) - W                 Worcester (A) - L               Harrogate (H) - W
Blyth (H) - W                          Colwyn (A) - D                   Stalybridge (H) - W             Halifax (A) - D
Stortford (H) - W                    Worcester (H) - W               Altrincham (H) - D              Trinity (H) - W
Nuneaton (H) - W                    Vauxhall (A) - W                 Droylsden (A) - W               Hyde (A) - L
Corby (A) - D                         Gloucester (H) - D               Gloucester (A) - W              Guiseley (H) - D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:04:47 PM by woad_pilgrim »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic points total
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:17:17 PM »

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:14 PM »
W W W D D 11
W L D D D 6
L L L L D 1
W L D L D 5

= 23

23 + 31 = 54

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 08:50:47 AM »
56 points
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:55 AM »
Predicted results:

Jan                                           Feb                                     March                                April

Eastwood (A) - W                    Hinckley (A) - W                 Worcester (A) - L               Harrogate (H) - W
Blyth (H) - W                          Colwyn (A) - L                   Stalybridge (H) - L             Halifax (A) - L
Stortford (H) - W                    Worcester (H) - L               Altrincham (H) - L              Trinity (H) - D
Nuneaton (H) - L                    Vauxhall (A) - D                 Droylsden (A) - D               Hyde (A) - L
Corby (A) - D                         Gloucester (H) - W               Gloucester (A) - D              Guiseley (H) - D

24 added to the current 31 = 55

If the title of the post is reflected in the content included then saying we will only lose twice more this season is frankly deluded.

In the 50's is realistic, in the 60's is optimistic but getting a total in the 70's is just not predictable unless there is a massive upturn (and I don't just mean in the next few games against the gimmie's).

Don't get me wrong this season is not a failure in my eyes, especially given the Trophy situation currently, as long as we make progress with the off field stability of finances.  Next season however there will be a much greater expectation in my view as to what is 'success' given the seasons experience for the management team.

Bartmac

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:48:02 AM »
I reckon about 54, but hopefully a lot better next season.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »

Eastwood (A) - W                     Hinckley (A) - W                 Worcester (A) - L               Harrogate (H) - W
Blyth (H) - W                          Colwyn (A) - L                   Stalybridge (H) - D              Halifax (A) - L
Stortford (H) - W                    Worcester (H) - D               Altrincham (H) - D              Trinity (H) - L
Nuneaton (H) - D                    Vauxhall (A) - W                 Droylsden (A) - D               Hyde (A) - L
Corby (A) - L                          Gloucester (H) - D               Gloucester (A) - L              Guiseley (H) - L

Therefore 24 as well but would need a strong March compensating for a crap ending to the season to give 55

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
If the title of the post is reflected in the content included then saying we will only lose twice more this season is frankly deluded.
What's realistic to some (me) may look deluded to others. But isn't that the same with everything, our views on players etc. I think the 3 people who have predicted so far are very negative only going for wins over the bottom 7 sides, with us drawing or mainly losing against everyone else. So I guess you all think we are a bottom 7 side then  ???
getting a total in the 70's is just not predictable unless there is a massive upturn
Surely you've contradicted yourself, I always thought predictions where based on future events not on past events.

Take a look at this post on the conf north forum on the 30th Jan 2010:

http://www.nonleagueforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?pid=318119#p318119

So at the time I wrote that Eastwood where 21 points off the final play-off place with 3 in hand, their record at that time was won 7 drawn 1 lost 11.

They then went on to win 15 draw 6 and lose 1. I think you'd have called me deluded back then as well  ;)

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but since we lost with a wimper to Solihull IMO there's been a change in the team and I think second half of the season will reflect that...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 03:07:00 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Senny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 07:19:15 PM »
Blimey, you really are taking this seriously. You refer to a forum post (and even remember it) from almost two years ago???

Having seen the sh*t I have seen this season, only two more losses is faintly, faintly, faintly ridiculous.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »

Having seen the sh*t I have seen this season, only two more losses is faintly, faintly, faintly ridiculous.

So its not just me that thinks we've been awful for the majority of the season at home?

Of the home games played so far the only ones to offer anything like entertainment and value for money were the Droylsden and Hyde games.

Cant comment on away games.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
Blimey, you really are taking this seriously. You refer to a forum post (and even remember it) from almost two years ago???

My mistake it was Jan 2011 so a year ago. Maybe I am being overly-optimistic but everyone else seems to have a melancholic view of the rest of the season. So no not taking it serious just trying to offer an alternative to our impending relegation battle according to most who've commented on this thread  :-\

Edit: I remembered I said something about Eastwood being the team to watch on that forum. It took me a couple of minutes to find it, IT really isn't difficult  ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:35:55 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 08:41:35 PM »
Well I think you have a fair point WP and we have to be positive. I always like your courage because you don't just run BUFC down. You frequently offer an option of a nature that encourages and pushes the squad to win. I don't think you're too far out, so I'll go positive and predict today the following.

Jan                                           Feb                                     March                                April

Eastwood (A) - W                    Hinckley (A) - W                 Worcester (A) - L               Harrogate (H) - W
Blyth (H) - W                          Colwyn (A) - D                   Stalybridge (H) - L             Halifax (A) - D
Stortford (H) - W                    Worcester (H) - D               Altrincham (H) - D              Trinity (H) - W
Nuneaton (H) - W                    Vauxhall (A) - W                 Droylsden (A) - W               Hyde (A) - D
Corby (A) - D                         Gloucester (H) - D               Gloucester (A) - W              Guiseley (H) - D

Prove me wrong!  ;)

Oh, and as a fully paid up member of the Trust I hope a good group of folk get it going once more.

Happy New Year  :snowman
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:46:10 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »
So really WP the title of the post should be Optomistic Points Total.

And by the way a prediction is obviously based on prior events, otherwise it's just a blind guess!

So far it's mid-50s for most.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 09:36:33 PM »
I don't think it would be too difficult to remember a prediction like WP!
Maybe the following prediction will be equally memorable for being overly optimistic  :dan

Eastwood W     
Blyth W
Bishops  W
Nuneaton D
Corby  L

Hinckley  W
Colwyn Bay  D
Worcester   D
Vauxhall     W
Gloucester   W

Worcester   W
Stalybridge   W
Alty   L
Droylsden   D
Gloucester   D

Harrogate   W
Halifax   L
Gainsborough    W
Hyde   W
Guiseley   W

Might even make the play-offs!  :xmashat

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 10:23:19 AM »
So really WP the title of the post should be Optomistic Points Total.
Not really. It was an invitation for people to post their own realistic points totals. You and I have done that as have some others. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp. It wasn't an invitation for people to be rude though (calling someone deluded is if you're struggling to work it out). It's optimistic by the way  ;)
And by the way a prediction is obviously based on prior events, otherwise it's just a blind guess!
So in your world Hyde have already won the title, we are mid-table and Blyth, Eastwood and Hinckley are already relegated? We might as well not bother playing the next 20 games then. Predictions are based on more than just what's gone before, how the team are currently playing is a good indication. Obviously I'm seeing something different to you in the team because I think we've improved 10-fold on the team that started the season.

So maybe there's a storm coming  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Fish
So far it's mid-50s for most.
So beating only the bottom 7, gaining mid 50's which would probably put us bottom 7 and defo in a relegation battle at some point. Do you see us as a bottom 7 side, a simple yes or no please.