Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 11022 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 09:04:46 PM »
A target man is a must in this league,  you need a plan B to get you in a game that is falling away. I've not seen a side capable of stringing passes together ALL the time without using the out ball on occasion, Hyde tried it against us and fell short.  

Constantine openly admitted that isn't his game and my have talked himself out of the team because of it.

You simply can't drop Newsham in the form is he is in.  3 in 3, 5 in 8.  Not bad for someone who can't cut it at this level.

Lee-Newsham.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:44 PM »
I'd like to see Newsham do the job for us, but, if you take away the 2 goals he's scored against the league's worst defence, then his best totals are are 1 in 3, and 3 in 8  :-\

I bet Constantine wished he'd never done that interview  :rudolph

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 07:36:52 AM »
Why would you take those goals away?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 07:42:01 AM »

because he probably didn't see them. doesnt matter who you score against, theyre still goals

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
To look at his strike rate before we came up against one of the teams that concedes a lot of goals.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:25 PM »
Using your warped logic, Guiseley have the best defence...so do we double his goal against them?

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:47 PM »
Using your warped logic, Guiseley have the best defence...so do we double his goal against them?

Or only count goals that he makes on his own, as all the tap in must be created by others ?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:54:54 PM »
There is no logic needed here, warped or otherwise, just numerical analysis (woads department!) :dan

If you look at Newsham's strike rate in the first half of this season's 42 league games, it is only marginally higher than Pearson's goals per game last season. (I haven't got a calculator handy, but that's the way it looks from Ken's Boston site)
The first two games of the second half of the season just happen to be against a side that has conceded a lot of goals, and Newsh gets a couple more. Suddenly he has 3 from 3, and it looks like he is coming back into form. Hopefully he will get a couple more on saturday, but, even if he fills his boots and gets a hat-trick, it won't alter his strike rate for the first half of the season, and the reason we are where we are is lack of goals.**Logic**  8)

Last season he was injured and never got back to his goalscoring form of the 09/10 season, when he got 29 from his 49 appearances.
If we want to be pushing on for the play-offs he needs to get back to that form IMO    8)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
This season 29 Games, 10 Goals (5 of those as a sub) an over 1 in 3 record in a team struggling for goals a level up.
9/10 season 51 Games, 29 Goals (2 of those as a sub) an over 1 in 2 record in a team scoring for fun (10-0 v Durham, 5-0 v Nantwich...TWICE, 5 v Worksop, 5 v Osset)

I wouldn't say he is the reason we are struggling (if indeed we are actually struggling.)

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:45 AM »

Talking of strikers,I read on the Non-League website Matlock Town have released ex
Pilgrim forward Danny Davidson. Danny apparantly moved to the Gladiators from Worksop
Town due to lack of games and selection.........even fewer games now ! and it will be interesting
to learn where his next journey will take him. I hazard a guess and think he'll end up at Evo Stick
Div 1 South side Belper Town with Duffield and Co.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »

Talking of strikers,I read on the Non-League website Matlock Town have released ex
Pilgrim forward Danny Davidson. Danny apparantly moved to the Gladiators from Worksop
Town due to lack of games and selection.........even fewer games now ! and it will be interesting
to learn where his next journey will take him. I hazard a guess and think he'll end up at Evo Stick

I've been told DD has signed for Coalville Town

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 04:10:51 PM »
1 striker on the bench today and he's from the reserves. Looks like we still need another striker

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Let's hope he can light a few fires there.

Chortle

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »

I've been told DD has signed for Coalville Town

Oh dear, the playing squad at Owen Street seem to hop on and off a continuous 'merry go round' with nobody really being given the opportunity of establishing themselves there. Danny now becomes the
third ex pilgrim to have signed forms for last seasons FA Vase finalists, lets see how long he is given.
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.