Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 11023 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Strikers
« on: December 28, 2011, 05:53:07 PM »
Post-Xmas boredom has set in  :xmashat and its a bit quiet on here, so...

what would be your preferred strike partnership from the forwards now at the club?
They're not all available to play, but assuming they were, who would you chose and who would be the on-the-bench super-sub?
 :rudolph
I'd go for Lee and Constantine to start the next game with Newsh on the bench. With those two running onto Kirk's/Semple's crosses, and, under pressure from two sets of flying elbows, the Eastwood defence might crumble   :dan

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Strikers
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
Post-Xmas boredom has set in  :xmashat and its a bit quiet on here, so...

what would be your preferred strike partnership from the forwards now at the club?
They're not all available to play, but assuming they were, who would you chose and who would be the on-the-bench super-sub?
 :rudolph
I'd go for Lee and Constantine to start the next game with Newsh on the bench. With those two running onto Kirk's/Semple's crosses, and, under pressure from two sets of flying elbows, the Eastwood defence might crumble   :dan

how can you put newsh on the bench after scoring 2 in 2. He's the only one in a bit of form. I'd play Lee just behind Newsham and hope that he gets on the end of one of his flick on headers

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »
Ed,

Would be difficult to drop Newsham just as he is coming into a bit of form. Would rather put Lee on the bench and start with Constantine but I don't think that will happen. In our next game I would like to see Newsham and Lee start and then bring Constantine and Joyce on as replacements in the second half, if needed.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »
Jason Lee MUST start!He must be the best striker in league! Can anybody name a better striker than big Jason?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »
Ed,

Would be difficult to drop Newsham just as he is coming into a bit of form. Would rather put Lee on the bench and start with Constantine but I don't think that will happen. In our next game I would like to see Newsham and Lee start and then bring Constantine and Joyce on as replacements in the second half, if needed.

Yes it would be a difficult decision to take, but we have been struggling to get goals this season. Jason Lee has improved matters since he made his comeback but now we need to push on to get a decent run together.
If Newsh continues at his current rate he'd get another 6-7 goals by the end of the season. He scored saturday, but he missed a couple of other decent chances.
I'd start with Lee and Constantine and, if it wasn't working, bring Newsham on later. If we went a couple of goals up with Lee and Constantine then bring Joyce on for Lee in the last 15 minutes.
 :snowman

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 10:10:34 PM »
Lee and Newsham to start! Where was Joyce on Boxing Day?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 10:31:26 PM »
Personally think it's all catching up with JL. When he first started playing the adrenaline carried him through and he made a real impact, last few games I personally think he's struggled. So I'd start with Newsh and Constantine, or play a 4-3-3 and have 3 from Newsh, Semple, Constantine and Kirk as the front 3.

Bartmac

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:41 AM »
Joyce and Constantine, to see if they can work together, if not, bring on Newsh for either one of them.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »
Who playing Target man if we drop JL.  Constantine is not a header of the ball he may be big but he aint that type of player

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »
Who playing Target man if we drop JL.  Constantine is not a header of the ball he may be big but he aint that type of player
Not sure why we always have to have a target man. We have the midfield players to unlock defences without hitting it long to a target man IMO.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »
Not sure why we always have to have a target man. We have the midfield players to unlock defences without hitting it long to a target man IMO.

Your very true with what you say and yes i do agree with the word why but for some reason for the past years the only guarantee from Boston is that a lump it up style will always get used regardless of the type of players we have, so at least we may aswell set ourselfs up with half a chance

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
Is Constantine not fully match fit  ???
He was warming up on the touchline in the second half, but wasn't used in the end.
If he was fully fit I don't understand why he wasn't used against Eastwood, who had conceded 28 goals at home before saturday, and 4 against us the previous saturday.  :-\

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 09:00:02 PM »
As a matter of interest what has happened to Joyce?

Have I missed something while in an alcoholic-fuelled stupor?

Or am I just a blind, old pensioner?

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 09:00:56 PM »
As a matter of interest what has happened to Joyce?

Have I missed something while in an alcoholic-fuelled stupor?

Or am I just a blind, old pensioner?

Craig said on the united live feed he had been injured and recalled by Peterborough

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
As I was at Eastwood, and totally sober, I wouldn't have seen that.

Thanks for that.