Author Topic: vs. Frickley  (Read 18577 times)

BU on the up

• View Profile
Re: vs. Frickley
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
Great result again for the Boys - the other results going our way was a bonus too!! Got high hopes for this season as the managers know what it takes to get out of this division - finding it hard not to get carried away as the players we have in this squad are of high quality too. I'm glad I put £50 on us to win the league at 16/1. Any stand out players from last night?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2009, 10:05:25 AM »
338  :o

were was the frickley fans then hardly saw any
Seeing as their last home gate was 159 it gives you an idea of how many Pilgrims were there last night!

Fantastic team performance last night with many excellent performances, though a special mention should go to Jamie Clarke for the way he battled away, and his cross to set up the goal was outstanding. We created plenty of scoring chances and should have had two or three by half time. First Half Tom Evans could have sat in goal with a deckchair and pipe. Second half Frickley came out and gave it a go, but still didn't create much in the way of clear goal scoring opportunites. Credit must go to our defence who looked incredibly solid (Two consecutive clean sheets speaks for itself) and again we created more great scoring chances. Suarez had a good game when he came on and as did Dan Cotton who looks a great prospect. He loves running at people and taking defenders on, an old school winger. Just what you need when defending a 1-0 lead, so I thought the substitutions worked. All in all a great performance and well deserved three points, we played alot of decent football and you get the feeling there's more to come. Considering the Unibond have given us 4/6 away opening fixtures, 100% away record isn't a bad start!
Also the Farmer Dan/People on day release from Rauceby types that frequent the Spayne Road stand,weren't berating our young players from start to finish like on Saturday, which is an enjoyable part of away matches. Funny how these people are never seen at other grounds?  My theory is they don't like to get out of the county cos "It's full of strangers..." ("This is a local shop for local people"....)
Last ten minutes were nerve wracking due purely to the one goal cushion and the officials finding five minutes of injury time from somewhere. We are Boston United, we don't do things easily. Oh yes, Frickley's bar must have trebled their takings last night thanks to us lot.
Top post Dave,agree with all the above.Special performances as well from Cully(again),Mark Camm,brilliant in front of the back four,and Danny Sleath,who must have covered every blade of grass several times over.And no moaners in sight ;D

Stumpie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
we should sing a song about the moaners, might make them feel a bit on the spot in future, maybe they'll stop moanin

freiston fan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 10:35:19 AM »
My first visit to Frickley.For anyone who knocks York Street facilities take a little trip up North and see the real world of stadiums in this league, the car park was a nightmare leaving no lights and down almost a slope.

The away support great and out of a crowd of 338 I think near on 250 were from Boston, and spot on no moaners or slagging our team off.

As for the game not great the boys still gelling to be fair.Camm was quality Davidson when running at the back four was at his best, as Woady said a bit more composure in the last third probably a four/five nil result on the cards.

Cotton looked dangerous when he had the ball.All in all a good night out for all.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »
Agree with all the above post, really enjoyed the football match, very good support. And what about the frickley dogger !!  That was a laugh ! As per usual we couldnt do it easy. But the football was excellent at times, a more fluid 4-3-3 than the kendal game. Also tht church and the two full backs along with jamie clarke were stand out performers. Clarke really runs his socks off !

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »
think we played some great stuff in both halfs, had frickley in a panic most the time when we crossed the half way line with speed in our attack

church,camm,clarke all looked great , the backline and evens looked assured

and also suarez looked alot better coming on than the previous 2 games & dan cotton looked dangerous on the ball if last night is anything too go by he really can beat a man

could of had alot more than the 1-0 scoreline suggests , but im sure we will start banging in the goals soon , theirs a few players who look like they got goals in them

+ gotta say great support by the traveling boston fans, thought their was around 150 of us untill i saw the attendence of 338 must of been 250ish of us then , because i did'nt see many frickley fans
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 08:50:24 PM by Big-Tom »

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
Great result again for the Boys - the other results going our way was a bonus too!! Got high hopes for this season as the managers know what it takes to get out of this division - finding it hard not to get carried away as the players we have in this squad are of high quality too. I'm glad I put £50 on us to win the league at 16/1. Any stand out players from last night?

i only got 12/1 last weekend i thought that was good

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2009, 02:29:22 PM »
First chance to post since getting back but must agree with the comments above, great performance and a year ago we would not have had the fight or bottle to get a win there.

Davidson was typical Unibond, big, gets involved and has no first touch what-so-ever!  Fair play to him though he does a job very well.  For me they all put in solid performances, need to keep Cano's temper in check though as a more cynical opposite number would have wound him up easily and seen red.

Final note was how well the subs were timed for coming on and how much of an impact they made, improving the side not just like for like and fresh legs. 

Same again on Saturday?  Let's hope so.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »
Also the Farmer Dan/People on day release from Rauceby types that frequent the Spayne Road stand,weren't berating our young players from start to finish like on Saturday, which is an enjoyable part of away matches. Funny how these people are never seen at other grounds?  My theory is they don't like to get out of the county cos "It's full of strangers..." ("This is a local shop for local people"....)

LOL LOL
"Rauceby types"! 
LOL LOL

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »

A much more positive performance compaired to the draw against Kendall and
   I beleive there is much more to come from the squad. I thouht we were guilty
   at times of giving the ball away cheaply but looked very sound defensivly and
   much more workmanlike in the midfield. Thought the substitutions were made
   at the right time to keep Frickley on the back foot and I would have probably
   gone with Kennedy in place of Newy for the last 10mins and stretched them
   even  more. A deserved three points against a typical,strong Unibond outfit, the
   weekend trip to Guisley proving just as difficult as there are no real easy games
   in the Premier Division. Was impressed with Rob Scotts animation and drive from
   the dugout sending messages out to all that this guy is a winner....................

Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.