Author Topic: Boston United v Corby Town  (Read 11640 times)

Patrick

• View Profile
Boston United v Corby Town
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
For those of you who can't make the match tonight www.endeavourradio.co.uk has sacrificed two commentators to the Gods of winter for you! Join us from 7pm tonight for full coverage, including a pre-match interview with joint manager Jason Lee. Text: 07781 480 547.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United v Corby Town
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »
Ref = Joke
Corby = Thugs & Cheats
Boston = Completely Clueless

Nuff said im afraid

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:26:26 PM »
I didnt think it was that bad. Both teams had good chances in both halves. And as for Bostons goal, well, it wasnt over the line so im happy with a point. Im sorry, but we are a midtable squad this season and thats where we will remain. Our only hope of decent attendances will now come in the FA Trophy if we progress.

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
Deary me cheer up you guys!!

scot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
Dont know who the ref was tonight but worst ive seen at york street (and there has been some crap). There number 9 diving in the first few minutes and getting away with it set the scene. first pen their player was backing in, no pen imo. second pen blatant dive by their pretty boy number 6. We all thought he was going to yellow card him for the dive but no, yellow card for white. The time wasting from their keeper 6 or 7 times the ref waved his arm to hurry him up eventually going to him still no card. He lost the plot stoping the game to give us a free kick on numerous occasions near the end of the match whilst we were in full possesion and on the attack. id like to say he was one sided but even though he had no option but sending one of theirs of i think he was just very poor.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:43:18 PM »
Any two sides you care to mention would have struggled to put on a good game with that referee in charge.I actually thought both teams did reasonably well under the circumstances.We created enough chances over the the 90 minutes to have won the game but we all know our shortcomings in the final third.We are what we are-a mid table side.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 10:49:23 PM »
FWIW I thought the 1st penalty was nailed on. The second was the worst dive I've seen down here since Lee Tumble Trundle......the ref was conned, end of. But we should have been over the hill and far away by then, the chances we squandered would have won 2 games comfortably.

Corby v Colwyn Bay would be a hell of a game to attend, would they make it over 18 admittance only with a 9pm post watershed kick off time?

We are so average I'm not even going to waste time on us..........looks like about 4-500 already have given up though.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:52:08 PM »
We'll see who comes in on Thursday, could shape our season.  Tonight was basically a lottery with that clown.  Glad we got the goal that people are saying wasn't cos their penalty was the worst dive since Lee Tumble.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:53:59 PM by Lord Cutler Beckett »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
Dont know who the ref was tonight but worst ive seen at york street (and there has been some crap). There number 9 diving in the first few minutes and getting away with it set the scene. first pen their player was backing in, no pen imo. second pen blatant dive by their pretty boy number 6. We all thought he was going to yellow card him for the dive but no, yellow card for white. The time wasting from their keeper 6 or 7 times the ref waved his arm to hurry him up eventually going to him still no card. He lost the plot stoping the game to give us a free kick on numerous occasions near the end of the match whilst we were in full possesion and on the attack. id like to say he was one sided but even though he had no option but sending one of theirs of i think he was just very poor.

...GUY   STRETTON......he was the referee who spoilt a full blooded game tonight....quite frankly IMO he should look at his performance  and conclude that he aint up to the job anymore....bizarre inconsistent decisions highlighted by the awarding of a second penalty for Corby---a blatent dive (from Smith?),everybody thought that he would yellow card the Corby attacker for similation so to book Whitey and award a penalty was truely astonishing......From where I was stood I didnt think that "our equaliser" was over the line.....I guess Stretton was trying to redeem himself for a poor performance.....

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »
Funny how we all watch the same game and all come out with different opinions. I really enjoyed the game tonight, packed with mistakes from both sides, chances and controversy. We started brightly but after the opening 20 thought they got on top, first pen looked correct to me, big Kev pulled there striker over, a very poor pen though and an easier penalty save Bazza will never have. Both sides created a few chances each but I think we where the happier going into the break all square.

Second half came to life with the sending off, ref was right on the spot and again correctly sent their guy off. From there in thought we played really well creating lots of chances, on 1 of the few Corby counters Wardy tripped their player inside the box, the ref again positioned well correctly gave the pen. Our goal looked over the line but I'm sure there are people who where better placed. Late on they lost their disciplne and where lucky to finish with 10 men!!

We are desperately short up front, we created enough chances tonight to win 2 games, if we'd had a decent striker we'd defo have got the 3 points. Must be just me but last 4 or 5 games I think we've played really well, if we can get the right man up front I really believe we'll be the side that makes the late run into the playoffs this year (ala Eastwood last year and Barrow a few seasons ago). If we don't get someone to put the chances away I agree we'll continue the inconsistent form.

Edit: It was in fact Alan White that committed the foul for the first pen, in my defence there was a mass of players and I didn't have the best view  :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:20:47 PM by woad_pilgrim »

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »
Well I'm not sure what to make of the striker who I've been told we've signed.

More than likely will divide opinion

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 07:38:52 AM »
Any clues who it might be?

Groundhopper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 07:56:35 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. Thought the teams put on some great entertainment in difficult conditions. Ref had a shocker in the second half. Fair result IMO although Boston probably shaded it on chances. Will definitely be back and will mention the game in my weekly blog after the Histon v Gainsborough game on Saturday.

http://www.stickypalms.blogspot.com/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 12:19:35 PM »
I've heard 3 names, 2 are players that have played for us before, another is a player We've been linked with before.

The last paragraph from this article though rules out the 2 former players so just goes to show rumours are just that, I tend to not believe anything I hear until I see it confirmed on the o/s:

Canoville stated neither of the two unnamed targets have played for United before, ruling out speculation that the targets could include former forwards Spencer Weir-Daley and Jamie Clarke.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
I've heard 3 names, 2 are players that have played for us before, another is a player We've been linked with before.

The last paragraph from this article though rules out the 2 former players so just goes to show rumours are just that, I tend to not believe anything I hear until I see it confirmed on the o/s:

Canoville stated neither of the two unnamed targets have played for United before, ruling out speculation that the targets could include former forwards Spencer Weir-Daley and Jamie Clarke.

Bet Finchley Tiger is getting a bit woried ;)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR