Author Topic: FA Trophy Second Round Draw  (Read 14237 times)

spike

• View Profile
Re: FA Trophy Second Round Draw
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
I remember going to your old ground, probably in the late 1980's for either an FA cup or Trophy game.

We drew 1-1, with you taking the lead, and a equalliser from Glen Beech securing the replay. You had the wonderfully named "Broderick Tucker" in goal that day. I'm not sure whether I have ever seen a bigger pair of shorts on a football field ever!!!!!

Sadly, my days of travelling are over, but I hope that it is a good game.

Broderick Tucker!!! Oh dear ... not our finest hour. Thankfully he wasn't around for very long. We were never really sure if Tucker was his real name or just cockney rhyming slang.  ;)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »
I remember going to your old ground, probably in the late 1980's for either an FA cup or Trophy game.

We drew 1-1, with you taking the lead, and a equalliser from Glen Beech securing the replay. You had the wonderfully named "Broderick Tucker" in goal that day. I'm not sure whether I have ever seen a bigger pair of shorts on a football field ever!!!!!

Sadly, my days of travelling are over, but I hope that it is a good game.

I remember that game (and Mr Tucker - can't forget a name like that!).  It was about 1991, when the Darts were using Maidstone's ground.  I won the prize draw in the clubhouse afterwards - in those days the £15 prize was enough to pay for the day out!

spike

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
... when the Darts were using Maidstone's ground. 

Is that a wind up?  :)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:36 PM »
Have I got a bite?  ;)

spike

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 12:34:19 AM »
Have I got a bite?  ;)

Nah, your bait's too big. Could spot it a mile away.  8)