Author Topic: FA Trophy v Hyde  (Read 9662 times)

porl99

• View Profile
FA Trophy v Hyde
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
Well done lads, the management team & the backroom staff!  A great result today! 

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: FA Trophy v Hyde
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:07 PM »
I don't want to think about the consequences if we'd lost because that would have been season over before Xmas.

But lets not get carried away, its the Trophy, Hyde have bigger fish to fry and probably didn't care about todays game.

The bread and butter is the league and we're miles away, don't let one win cloud anyone's judgement, the team is a mediocre one in a mediocre league.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
4 more games then Wembley!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
Great result. As much as anything, the Trophy run is important to cover lost income from the early Cup exit and low league crowds.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »
Nice for the lads to get a win and get some cash in but like NF says, we should be further up the table.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry  :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »
you miserable tw*?! For once just enjoy a good win! Makes a big change to have a cup run. UTP

rob.1987

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
Must be a record for quickest negative post in a positive thread.

Unbelievable.

Some people are never happy - why not just savour the moment and enjoy an excellent win?

Let's keep this thread positive like it was intended to be at the start and worry about the league when it comes back round again.

Congratulations to all at BUFC on an excellent when today. Roll on the draw on Monday...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »
I don't want to think about the consequences if we'd lost because that would have been season over before Xmas.

But lets not get carried away, its the Trophy, Hyde have bigger fish to fry and probably didn't care about todays game.

The bread and butter is the league and we're miles away, don't let one win cloud anyone's judgement, the team is a mediocre one in a mediocre league.
come on Andy dont pee on the parade. I would guess most people thought we would lose today. Hyde are a very good team in a poor league, however coming from a goal down to defeat them shows some progress surely?
Lets give the team etc a bit of credit!
as for bigger fish to fry - i'm sure they wanted to win this one.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 06:09:04 PM »
Bloody hell Andy!Lets hope you are in a better mood in an hour at the party!
Hope you bring a few bottles along of JD ;D

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:37 PM »

I bet you'll go to Wembley if we get there though...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bartmac

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »
Looking at his negative view on things at BUFC he'll need a lot more than JD to cheer him up - and he wasn't even at the game!!!!!!!!!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
Anybody want to contribute to "norty4 PISS UP" Fund?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 06:25:02 PM »
All im gonna say is the season ticket holders that couldnt be arsed to go and help the club out with 12 pound missed a bloody good game of footy.

But im sure they be back on here next week giving us the normal run down of depression so please dont dispare.

Oh well played and good subs today

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 06:27:40 PM »

I bet you'll go to Wembley if we get there though...

Bet I won't........been there, done that, got the t shirt. And the new Wembley is a mecca for 'New' football fans, the kind of annoying twats who never went to games before Euro 96 but who now claim to know the lot. I don't want to be stood/sat neat tossers like that.

We need to be in Conference National. End of. Not thrashing about in mid-table in this league.

Stuff The Trophy, I'd rather we'd taken 3 points off Hyde the other week.

Celtic Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
All I want to say is well done Boston you beat the Scum from over hill do you still think Hyde are better than Stalybridge?
Stalybridge Celtic the pride of Tameside