Author Topic: Eastern Europeans O/T  (Read 3439 times)

Fairfax

• View Profile
Eastern Europeans O/T
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
I am feeling my age a bit these days, and so on a visit to Boston today, I had to stop for a breather on the town bridge. After a few moments, a rather tall and somewhat intimidating young man approached me. I need not have worried. He very kindly asked if I needed assistance and when I assured him that I was all right, he went on his way. It left me with a pleasant feeling, and shows the other side of the debate regarding our immigrant population.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Eastern Europeans O/T
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:17:42 PM »
I used to work the taxi  rank in Sleaford and always found the Eastern Europeans a friendly bunch.. The times I took English people home only to be verbally abused when telling them the price whereas the EU passengers always said please and thankyou and always tipped no matter what the fare.. The English would even sit and wait for ten minutes while you scratted around in takings bag or trousers pocket for the 5p change..

Used to get "at least Dick Turpin wore a mask" a hell of a lot too..

The EU lasses were always polite and did not sink to the foul mouth that the English did too,so I will echo your comments Fairfax..

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
There is bad ones and good ones,
Same thing with the english people though!

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »
There is bad ones and good ones,
Same thing with the english people though!

Just said same to my other half,thing is though,we only hear of the bad ones....

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
Working on the land i spend all day around EU staff, Yer sure they bitch and go at it like the next English does but i have not come across any bad apple yet, They are some of the best people to work along side and very helpful and the once i have met are always happy for you to come along to there family home for a BBQ or drink and show you there way of life.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 04:01:12 PM »
Good to see the axe murdered drink driver getting 10 years then getting deported!I've got some faith in the British Law system but no the immigration officials!

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:46 PM »
Should have hung the bastard!

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry   :dan
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?