Author Topic: 7pm Tonight  (Read 7688 times)

cookie

• View Profile
7pm Tonight
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:51:42 AM »
Just a reminder that it is a 7pm kick off at York Street tonight to watch the FA YOUTH CUP fixture against Burnley, £4 and £2 entry. Come along and support your future stars of Boston United in what will be a very difficult game ....so they need all your support. What a great feeling it will be for 16/17 year olds to play in front of a crowd of 500+

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: 7pm Tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:27:29 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to get down for this unlike the last round.  If you can possibly go though please do, the last game was very entertaining and it was well worth the £4.

Those lads have worked very hard and had some terrific results, go and give them a cheer if you can!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »
I will be there if you delay kick off until 7.45pm to allow me time to get over to Boston. 7pm kick off ? I suppose they also have homework to do  :)

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »
Just a reminder that it is a 7pm kick off at York Street tonight to watch the FA YOUTH CUP fixture against Burnley, £4 and £2 entry. Come along and support your future stars of Boston United in what will be a very difficult game ....so they need all your support. What a great feeling it will be for 16/17 year olds to play in front of a crowd of 500+

It would be nice to see a first team play in front of a 500+ crowd on a regular basis!  :(

Good luck tonight, although don't let my "old man" know I said that as he is a Burnley supporter!

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »
How good are these young players? Are they the future senior side or will they be snapped up by bigger clubs?

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
I was going to go tonight but something came up last minute meaning I couldn't make it.

How good are the players? I only have the 1 game (last round v Bradford) to go on but I would say that at the moment none of them are ready or strong enough for mens football. Given a year or 2 and I'd guess there's several that will be knocking on the door of our first team.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:34 PM »
Lost 7-0.

Probably shows the gap between Championship and non league......but well done to the lads for going so far anyway.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:39 PM »
Well beaten in the end by a very good Burney side who are top of their league,included 5 youth internationals,and one who has played for Burnleys first team in this seasons Carling Cup.I hope the lads don't beat themselves up too much about the result.They have had a tremendous run in the competition and have done themselves and the Club proud-well done to all of them.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:13 PM »
Massive gulf in the teams, the player you refere to o cho meallt im guessing was steve there number 8. Has just signed a pro contract there so it just go to show what the boys was up against. Any body notice the large amount of scouts there tonight aswell.

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »
Any body notice the large amount of scouts there tonight aswell.

Probably did us a favour then to loose so heavily then - less chance of loosing more youth teamers to the likes of Leicester!

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
What an attendance considering!

Boston Yuffs v Burnley Yuffs Att: 492  :dan

Altrincham v Corby Att: 649
Blyth Spartans   v Guiseley Att: 301
Gainsborough   v Stalybridge Att: 438  :bunny
Harrogate Town v Colwyn Bay   Att: 180
Histon v Solihull Moors Att: 203
Workington v FC Halifax Att: 410
Gloucester v Nuneaton Att: 302

Monday 05 Dec 2011
Hinckley Utd v Worcester Att: 377
Top of the league Hyde v Eastwood Town Att: 302

Our youth team gets more....
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 10:31:20 PM by truffleshuffle »

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 10:33:51 PM »
Well beaten in the end by a very good Burney side who are top of their league,included 5 youth internationals,and one who has played for Burnleys first team in this seasons Carling Cup.I hope the lads don't beat themselves up too much about the result.They have had a tremendous run in the competition and have done themselves and the Club proud-well done to all of them.

+1 to that

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 12:02:51 AM »
Any body notice the large amount of scouts there tonight aswell.

Probably did us a favour then to loose so heavily then - less chance of loosing more youth teamers to the likes of Leicester!
Tom Hopper scored twice in a 5-0 win for Leicester U18s against Aldershot on Wednesday night in this competition.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
Lost 7-0.

Probably shows the gap between Championship and non league......but well done to the lads for going so far anyway.
Sheffield United also lost 7-0 in this round.. at Southampton. Shows the gap between Championship and League One, doesn't it?  :D

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 06:47:52 AM »
And Sheff Utd were losing Finalists last year......