Author Topic: New Signings  (Read 13212 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Signings
« on: May 22, 2009, 11:06:39 AM »
 I know notheeng...

TheWizard

• View Profile
Re: New Signings
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 04:46:53 PM »
Butcher and Liam Parker

Hoof Hearted

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »
Butcher is a great signing. I'd heard rumours that Lincoln City and Ipswich Town were sniffing around, and must admit my heart sank when I saw the headline on the following BBC article...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/lincoln_city/8062612.stm

Fortunately, there was better news in the main text itself.

Liam Parker is a useful squad player for his aerial presence at set pieces and his long throws. That said, there were better players in our squad last season so I hope one or two others (Ryan, Rowan, Ellender, Miller, etc) will soon be signed on the dotted line as well.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »
That said, there were better players in our squad last season so I hope one or two others (Ryan, Rowan, Ellender, Miller, etc) will soon be signed on the dotted line as well.

Ryan and Miller want more money elsewhere so they can go as far as im concerned.

In all honesty, if it was me id rather play in front of a 1000+ crowd in a decent stadium on a lesser wage than in a park on a higher wage.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 06:57:46 AM »
Great news about Butch and Liam Parker. Butch can only get better and if he works hard he has a great future in the game. When i first saw Liam Parker to be honest i wasn't to sure about him. By the end of the season he probably still wasn't the 'best' defender we had but he gave his all. He never bottled a tackle, never moaned and stuck his head where some failed to do. Well done to both of you young lads, here's to a better season in 2010/2011. :)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

warner001

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
i fink that we need sum1 like froggat, big built (not fat) but who can score on a regular basis and a solid CM who can hold up play..also wingers who can run the pants off other wingers and defenders, solid CB'S, so what i am saying is the clear out is good and hip hip hoarayyyy for the new team!