Author Topic: v Kendal  (Read 22582 times)

bb1

Re: v Kendal
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »
A lot of short memories Kendal have the same players as i understand it with only a couple of new faces.Did'nt they beat us by a few when capton clean got his name. What about the two awful losses at Nantwich?. A draw to me looks good however we played.Give this team at least ten matches of Rob Scotts B------ings and then start to critise

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2009, 11:44:43 AM »
 Davidson is RUBBISH!!!!! I have no idea how someone that terrible can almost be a cult hero after two games?!

Those idiots having a go at players like Clarke or Wood are welcome to not turn up next week.

Hypocrite! Davidson won enough balls in the air today and was a threat. How many times did he look second favourite to get to a ball but still get to it first? How many times did he win throws and corners? To me it looked like Newsham and Clarke were carrying injuries but whether thats the case I do not know, these two certainly look like they could be o.k at this level.  Surely your as bad as these people that have called clarke and wood. Calling Davidson Rubbish on a forum which we know some players look at isn't very productive either especially when he had an o.k game. I was dissapointed myself yesterday with the continued use of long ball. When we did try and pass the ball we either looked really good or hopeless but i'm putting this down to the team still being new to each other (I mean its o.k stroking the ball around against poor opposition in friendlys but now the opposition is better and its competitive league football the pace has picked up and players will now need to step up which after a few more games they should). I was dissapointed by a few things today but as pointed out Kendal we in the play offs last year and have kept their squad together and are very organised but I do feel we could of won the game had we tried to play the ball around them.

Overall I was dissapointed with our performance but like what others have said lets see after 8 or 9 games but I will say to carry on playing the long ball like we did in the second half and we will be a very average team this year.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2009, 11:50:53 AM »
I don't think the formation 4-3-3/4-5-1 works at home. It worked at FC United, because they were always going to play it about and let us play on the counter. At home, we should be the ones dictating the play, and therefore should go with 2 wingers (Kennedy and Sleath), 2 in the middle of midfield (Camm and Church/Millson when fit) and two up top (Davidson and Newsham).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2009, 12:16:20 PM »
I've seen Davidson play a couple of times now and I do honestly believe he isn't good enough (despite being better than Suarez).  That's my opinion, the managers and Danny will have their own opinion and he will ultimately be picked if Hurst & Scott disagree with what I say or have nothing better for that position. 

There is nothing wrong with voicing opinions on this forum in a structured way.  That is after all what this forum is for!  What I was getting annoyed with, as was Rob Scott by the looks of his video interview, is the way some fans constantly get on the players backs and hurl abuse while the game is in progress.  These are two different approaches and I think it's clear that the way I have voiced my opinion on here is nothing like the disgraceful and completely unhelpful way some fans treat the players during the game. 

Hypocrisy? I think not.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »
I stand with Pride of Bostonshire home & away. I may add he travels a great distance to home games. And he never hurls abuse at players, unlike a large majority at the game. So cut the hypocrite crap. I along with most others at the game didnt think davidson had a good game. I tht he was poor at fc (despite his two goals) as long as he scores twice most weeks i dont care. As for being a handful for who ?! Vandanel for trying to get a shirt and shorts to fit him !? He didnt win anything, Suarez was a bit better looked to bring the ball down a little. Although as mentioned in previous posts i think that this will be seen as a good point when looking back at the end of the season. As Kendal were a big well organized side. Also agree with scotty that we looked better when kennedy came on, really rate him, looks dangerous running at people. Overall crap game, but im sure there will b an improvement on last season :-) he says !

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
My god there is no pleasing some people

Pre season most people wanted with perhaps two or three playing exceptions, a complete new squad for this year, and for good or bad, only time will tell that is what the club has.

Two games, four points, and no goals making ripples in our net, four points and already negativity. If we're not careful we will end up sounding like Corby fans

Of course it's going to take time, but surely even allowing for the fact there are obviously many areas to improve on, which initself provides a genuine cause for optimism, how can anyone get overly critical of the team collectively?

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 01:58:43 PM »
well said patrick i think you made some very good points there and i can honestly say i agree with most.one thing i have to say is dd has played twice scored twice against two very good sides,IFF,after 10 games the doubters amongst you are proven right fair comments but till then get of his, and any others of this very new squad,backs.yes i was dissapointed yesterday but thinking on taking every thing into account 4 points out of 2 games against tough opposition is definately NOT bad...see you at guiseley  :)
"till saturday comes"

sshh u no hoo

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2009, 02:00:16 PM »
Another point.

Whilst it is never nice to read uncomplimentary reviews or comments or individuals, esepcially as someone pointed out if you're a player or a relative of a player that reads the forums. But it is no different unfortunately to any other media, be it on the radio or the newspapers

We live in a democracy and such I guess, have to endure all comments, however unpalatble, false, disrespectful they are. But as no supporters are more valkued than others, it is simply something we have to accept

If a player has a stinker, then he has to accept that if he pops into any fans forums,it is likely that he is going to get it., even if has a 'average' game, some will still rip into him.

Like it or not it will always happen. We all have different opinions, and all I guess have different standards or levels of acceptability from what individuals give out on the pitch, and thats where the diversity comes from

We have all slagged of players, be it in print, in the bar or on the terraces, and in truth, is there any differnce?

No

So bottom line, keep slating if you feel so inclined,( I will on rare occasions) as long as it doesn't get personal, which is where I draw the line, and as it's been sadi many times before, if players dont like it, dont pop into the forums ???

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »
 V good posts on here  Today re  D.D .. other stuff .. and general behaviour  on here..
   May start new threads on these things .. as we move away from ' re v Kendal  '
               Cos I can ...
     Don't U feel empowered on here..!

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2009, 09:48:47 PM »
Personally thought we might struggle at the start of the season as it is a complete new team, but still thought we'd have a good chance of making the play-offs once the team got going. If we can continue with our good start I believe we can have a realistic shot at the top spot, that may sound unrealistic or too expectant but I believe this team will get better and better, might need a couple of tweaks here and there but the spine of the team is already in place.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
Totally agree