Author Topic: Well done Youth Team!  (Read 8200 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well done Youth Team!
« on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:40 PM »
WELL DONE!

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Youth Team!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:12:01 PM »
Anyone who stayed at home tonight missed a treat-and all for £4.Fantastic performance in front of a crowd of 437.Well played lads,and congratulations to Welshy and all involved with the youth team set up.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
A hardworking battling display by a team of youngsters who put the pride back into Boston United FC. Thoroughly enjoyed this evenings match and a deserved victory against Bradford City.

Well Done. !   :)

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
fully agree, the entertainment was a steal at a mere 4pounds. a third of what we pay on saturdays but a lot more fighting spirit!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:26:21 PM »
Bradford's class was there, but they seemed to either overplay in the final third, or shoot from distance. Great attitude by our players, and a great result!

More at the game than there was to see Trinity walloped by Gloucester!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:32:13 PM »
Well done to youth team, fantastic achievement ! Who will they face next ?

373 lost souls at gainsborin compared to 437 at York Street for the F.A Youth Cup. And to think that Swann wants to build them a 4,500 new stadium. They'd turn up and probably never bump into anyone at a home game for years lol

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
Thought the team were better organised than the first team .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 10:37:51 PM »
not many at Wembley tonight!

Seenbetter

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
First time I have been to see the Youth team play and after that fantastic display it wont be the last. Only £4 and worth more. Would have paid a tenner to see that. Our first team, well most of them anyway, should have been there to see how it should be done. Great effort. Passed the ball well and when our no 10 headed the ball it looked as though he knew where he was putting it. The goalkeeper made some terrific saves. All who played and the coaching staff deserved the standing ovation at the end.
Suggest as many as possible turn up at the next cup game and give them support. Bloody marvellous.  

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »
whens the next game?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 10:58:44 PM »
First time I have been to see the Youth team play and after that fantastic display it wont be the last. Only £4 and worth more. Would have paid a tenner to see that. Our first team, well most of them anyway, should have been there to see how it should be done. Great effort. Passed the ball well and when our no 10 headed the ball it looked as though he knew where he was putting it. The goalkeeper made some terrific saves. All who played and the coaching staff deserved the standing ovation at the end.
Suggest as many as possible turn up at the next cup game and give them support. Bloody marvellous.  

How did Mickey Nuttell's lad Jordan look? He looked the business when I saw the youth in an earlier round, put in a man of the match display well beyond his years. And to stand out in a team as talented as that is impressive, there were several lads who looked very good indeed.

CRANWELL PILGRIM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 11:20:41 PM »
Ditto to everything said by Seeingbetter and others. EX CEL LENT!!!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »

How did Mickey Nuttell's lad Jordan look? He looked the business when I saw the youth in an earlier round, put in a man of the match display well beyond his years. And to stand out in a team as talented as that is impressive, there were several lads who looked very good indeed.
He won pretty much every header at the back.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:01:25 AM »
Terrific performance by the lads, well done!
First 20 minutes I thought we looked superb and then they scored against the run of play only for Elliott Price to smash one in from 25 yards and then local lad James Reed to secure the win 15 minutes from time with a good turn and shot. Charley Sanders also hit the bar late on and Marc Hipwell performed brilliantly in goal, not making saves because Bradford never really threatened with shots, but time and time again he collected cross after cross.
A great win, great crowd and amazing to think that we got more than 100 more than Gainsboro' did for a league game!
Make sure you are there in two weeks time to cheer the lads on against Burnley!
Once again well done lads ...and Welchy & Micky.

baldfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
The future looks bright !! First time I had seen the boys . Keeper very sound , liked the full backs . Centre backs ok . Left winger excellent. Number 10 won most in the air , number 9 needs to get some silly stuff out of his game ( maybe the occasion got to him ). Midfield worked hard against good opposition . Fantastic evening , attendance higher than I thought . Congrats to all . Welchy doing a brilliant job . I assume these lads are full time combining football with education ?