Author Topic: Polish scum of Boston  (Read 40881 times)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
Re: Polish scum of Boston
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
Hope thats not you in that photo Plastic Yank, he looks like one of the members of that vile organisation the U. A F.  ;D

Nah. That's not me. That'll be Travis.

I guess you don't know the film or the reference I'm making.  ;)

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
Yeah your correct mate, don't know, so showing both my ignorance and my age. Still stuck listening to old 70's progressive rock i,m afraid rather than watching the latest films. :D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2011, 02:44:13 PM »
Yeah your correct mate, don't know, so showing both my ignorance and my age. Still stuck listening to old 70's progressive rock i,m afraid rather than watching the latest films. :D

Well it's a film from 1976.  8)

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »
i think certain posters in this thread should have taken more heed of a certain President from over the pond who famously once said ;

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2011, 03:13:29 PM »
Well i'll just show my ignorance then, was never a big movie buff.  ;D

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »
who said i was refering to movies ;)

bostox

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »
Sadley, bostox, ginger haired people are persecuted. My late and much loved sister was ginger haired and was also autistic. She died aged 49, but was driven to distraction during her years at Kitwood Girls School and attempted suicide on numerous occasions, including throwing herself into the Haven near the stump. At school, nothing was done to protect her and the head teacher told my mother that she would just have to put up with it. (I really hope that times have changed.) Strangely, when asked why the girls picked on her, she always answered that it was the colour of her hair.

Bullying and racism are the same crime and both can be the result of thoughtlessness. Forgive us our trespasses.

Fairfax - I apologise for any offence I caused. I was simply using the example of Ginger, whereas I could have used Fat, Glasses wearers etc. My point was more as an example as to why Racism is a more emotive subject and not that any discrimination is acceptable.

Again I sincerely apologise for any offence I may have caused.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 06:07:54 PM »
I know what you were referring to Rammalc didn't want to lower myself to your greater wit and intelligence, and you were referring to yourself yes? ;)

Plastic Yank

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »

Well it's a film from 1976.  8)

You talkin' to me? Well, there's no one else here....  ;)

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Well i will admit you finally piqued my interest and i ashamedly googled the line, taxi driver being the film yes, honestly say i have never seen it mate, already said not a great movie watcher.

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »
Certainly no offence taken or perceived, Bostox. Healthy debate is always worthwhile.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
On the subject of racism, the abuse of the Japanese ref by our own supporters at Solihull was appalling.  It was racist abuse, some childish, some less so, but all very offensive. 

I like to have a go at refs as much as anyone, but that just wasn't right.  And that ref was better than the usual standard, so didn't warrant any abuse!

At a higher league ground I suspect there would have been arrests.  'Casual' racism was commonplace when I first started going to matches in the early 80s, and Boston was probably behind much of the country because there was vitually no black/Asian population (I only remember one black kid in my 7 yrs at BGS), but you just can't say that sort of thing in 2011. 

If any of the people involved use the Patter, I hope you're ashamed and that you engage brain before mouth in future.

To get back to this particular thread, Bob I hope your mum in law is getting over it - punishment for so-called 'petty' crime is not sufficient.  The victims have to live with the consequences of the crime for the rest of their life, and that can ruin the lives of the victims and their families.  No punishment can be enough for that, in my view, but you have to at least get the scumbags off the street until they can respect other people. 

The stick Adam H has had on here is astonishing - fair play for making your point, Adam, and backing it up with stats.  My degree was also in economics and I know you can compile stats to support virtually any viewpoint.  You know as well as I do that statistics are almost always compiled with an agenda - I haven't read the study you refer to but the conclusion suggests a liberal agenda in this case; that doesn't match my own view, so I'd take these stats with a pinch of salt (not very scientific, I admit, but I'm not going to do my own study to support my own view!). 

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »
Good post BP, don't think posters are deliberately out to have a pop at Adam, immigration is a very emotive subject and people do have strong opinions on it. For what it's worth I value Adams' opinions his posts are always well articulated and well thought out, makes some good points and agree with him that immigration is beneficial to the economy if not essential, but the keyword is "controlled" migration, something that hasn't happened in the last ten years or so since the start of labours ridiculous social engineering project.
  This is what is frustrating the locals, not immigration as such but the numbers that have overwhelmed the town and the migrant undesirables that are clearly not benefiting Boston, sad fact is there is sod all we can do about it.

As far as racism goes likewise I remember watching football in the 70s and 80s with the monkey chants, banana throwing and name calling, this society has progressed greatly since then especially in football and I can recall only one racist remark in the last 30 years, occured at Boston a couple of seasons ago when some old chap blurted out "You F###ing B##ck B###d"now in his heyday he would probably have gotten away with it but it was credit to the Boston supporters who instantly shot him down, he looked decidedly sheepish for the rest of the game.

Can't comment on the bloke at Solihull as wasn't there but do hope that the club dealt with him accordingly.

By the way best of luck with your degree Adam.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2011, 11:56:11 AM »
I have erroneously sent a posting meant for this thread to BUSA travel to Gainsboro thread .  Can,t be arsed to put it on here at the moment.

The Smoke Monster

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2011, 12:12:39 PM »
I've just been out and bought a box of Mr. Sheen, now where's this scum you all want to polish?