Author Topic: Polish scum of Boston  (Read 40885 times)

dubai camel

• View Profile
Re: Polish scum of Boston
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
Polish Scum - is pretty racist Ken ....

There were certain parts of Boston I did not like walking through 30 years ago! Let's be honest if you walked past Kitwood Boys wearing a Grammar School blazer you were not exactly shaken warmly by the hand.

Of course the immigrant communities have their share of crime - but Adam's stats are worth looking at, and not to be dismissed because he is young, about the only thing to be dismissed is the Sun/Daily Mail/Daily Express headlines, which usual bear not resemblance to the truth.
I remember at seeing the SUN headline "***** denies taking drugs". The article then continued to explain that the famous person had been out that night but had not taken drugs, but someone else at the nightclub had. Of course the SUn knew exactly what it was doing - slurring the person's name, associating him with drugs - the old no smoke without fire story. This is what they continually do with immigration stories. Good recent example was about the rising population of UK - centre for statistics saying was largely down to less people dying, but that was not the way the red top papers ran the story..... and on and on it goes.

My family are in Boston and I only visit a few times a year - yes I am surprised at the numbers of immigrants - but I am not particularly intimidated by them. Certainly no more so than a Boston gang of youths.
I have to say Boston has never been a very cosmopolitan town and the sudden influx of Europeans has unsettled many.

I myself live as a foreigner in another country - similar arguments are but forward here. Oh the Brits drink and drive, fight etc. Yes some do, but obviously not all. Yes Brits go against the local customs and upset the local population on a daily basis - that's what happens when there is little education and understanding of one another's position and views.

Let's keep things in perspective and not over the state the case on either side.

And racism comes in many forms.....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2011, 04:30:57 PM »
 Not had much time for the patter today .   My main job has been writing a 8 page letter to Chris Grayling  MP .  Minister of Employment .  This was a follow up to a 10 page submission I sent to him recently .  Have also sent letters and emails to Mark Simmonds MP.  on the same subject .
   The subject ?   After finding a local gov  dept made underpayments to a local person recently I demanding that a though investigation is made to make sure clients with a poor grasp of english (ie immigrants) have not been witheld payments by the dept .

Also had a enjoyable chat with with our very friendly neighbours mixed race  english / lithuanian .  
 Like to think I have done my bit in helping to intergrate to good honest settlers.

How much time have you spent promoting race relations today  Adam?

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 05:35:58 PM »
Just an observation.

I recently became involved in a discussion with some Polish immigrants in Stanground (Peterborough) whose families came here during WW2. When the conversation turned to the current Polish economic migrants, the air turned blue. As for other eastern Europeans, I blush to remember the comments.

Funny old World, ain't it?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
Is it racist if Poles settled here slag off newcomers.?

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 06:17:19 PM »
Ok I think this could rumble on for an age going round in circles so I'm getting a very itchy 'locking' finger.

From reading this thread in a few chunks, as given the title I left it well alone for a while, there are a few things to pick up.

Crime is bad and whoever is responsible should be accountable.  Nobody on this thread has said or I assume thinks otherwise.

Pointing out some information on effects of immigration does NOT make you the immigration minister or personally liable for any and all ills brought by immigration, nor does it mean you have to answer vaguely related questions put in an accusatory tone.  It does however mean you have pointed out some information on the effects of immigration.  Simply that.

Also age is no meter of anyones worth.  Its only a couple of weeks since the 'old timers' were getting a slagging off for berating anyone in a Boston shirt, this is just as nonsensical as saying someone who is young enough to be at university cannot know enough about any subject to make a valid comment.

Finally, saying something racist means you are a racist.  No amount of red mist or after the event apologising cuts it.  Just look at the most important man in the game which brought us all to this forum in the first place.  Oh and people still read the Daily Mail?  The mind bogles.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Front page of the Daily Mail today, Pack of lies Adam ?

:o Someone believes what they read in The Mail?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2011, 06:23:24 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: Diana liked cake!

More tomorrow.

Poros

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
YAWN!

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
The Daily Mail reference does put a lot of this thread in perspective , may as well have been a quote from Viz

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2011, 07:41:20 PM »
Please delete this post

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
Well its better than Adam defending crap performances this season!
The fact is that an oap has been robbed by a non british citzen!
Its a shame some of these scum dont emmigrate to Iran or similar countries instead of ours!They would probably be handless by now!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 08:32:40 PM »
You are so 21st century KON  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2011, 08:51:51 PM »
Finally, saying something racist means you are a racist. 

wow - can't believe i'm about to defend john terry but

lets assume john terry did say what he's supposedly said - does that really make him a racist?

it certainly would make him guilty of making a racial comment which we all agree is totally unacceptable

however my impression of a racist is someone who cannot tolerate any member of a particular racial group and will take very opportunity to berate and abuse the individuals and certainly would not befriend them

are you seriously trying to tell me that john terry and ashley cole are not good friends........or indeed any other of his 'black' team mates

can any of you seriously say after being riled by a certain individual with particular 'racial' characteristics you haven't made similar comments

telling jokes about blonde bimbos could be considered racist towards blonde women
abusing/joking about ginger haired / tall lanky / short / fat / skinny or even people who perhaps don't paint the perfect portrait in looks could also be racist

making a racist remark is unacceptable and naive/ignorant on the abusers part but it doesn't necessarily tie you to a racist group

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
http://www.thompsonstradeunionlaw.co.uk/information-and-resources/race-discrimination.htm

:)

as i said it makes the abuser guilty of racial abuse - not confirmation of being a racist

i wear glasses and often if i've seriously upset someone it has been known for them to address me as four eyed c#nt - doesn't mean they are totally against anyone wearing glasses - just that they took a dislike to something i said/done and used a characteristic of me to ridicule and belittle me........as an individual person