Author Topic: Polish scum of Boston  (Read 40879 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Re: Polish scum of Boston
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 09:51:34 AM »
Hi Bob, Hope your mum in law is okay. Are you sure the person was Polish, could have been Russian, Latvian,or many of the others. I have met many of the Polish and others who are really nice friendly people, but incidents like this really need stamping out, also if they are English nationals.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:19 AM »
  Now you've probably not experienced your relations being mugged as their walking home, a work colleague being knifed for his mobile phone, my wife being harassed as she's walking through town,                                                                                                                                                          

Yes, I have experienced  that. My wife had a knife held to her throat at a cash point in the Market Place and forced to withdraw £200. That was perpetrated by a local home grown scum bag. My cousin was knocked to the ground, her leg badly broken and her handbag stolen. That also was perpetrated by two local home grown scum bags.

Bob Lee

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »
Of course mugging an old lady is disgusting. But just because one Polish person did it, they're all scum???  ::)

Perhaps the thread title is misleading.  But the the Pole that did it certainly fits the title well and for that I make no excuses.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
The ones that don't work and the ones who cause trouble should be sent back, the hard working ones who don't cause trouble I have no problems with

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
Adam from your response it appears you have access to figures .  why not answer my question on costs of traslators and benifits sent abroard .?  Also tell us how many pensioners are moving in and drawing their pensions over here.     
Enlighten us to what benifits we whould be entitled to if we moved over to eastern europe .
Also what have you to say to the hard working locals on here who have had their wages drasticly reduced by the labour market being flooded by immigrants.?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:58:40 AM »
Sorry Bob , forgot to ask how mum-in-law is today .

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »
Of course mugging an old lady is disgusting. But just because one Polish person did it, they're all scum???  ::)

Perhaps the thread title is misleading.  But the the Pole that did it certainly fits the title well and for that I make no excuses.

It's not just the thread title is it? You also said: "I have always said give them a chance, but I now think differently."

That infers that you're tarring all the Poles with the same brush.

Look, anyone who mugs an old lady is scum. There's no need to bring his Polish nationality into it. By that reckoning, there's plenty of 'English scum' running amok on the streets each and every day.

You said the Poles should be sent back. Well, where do we send the English scum???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 12:35:05 PM »
Everyone should deal with their own scum .   Send the non workers back.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 12:45:49 PM »
Adam, which department of the governments pro immigration propaganda machine are you working for, anybody can throw statistics out till their blue in the face, doesn't alter the fact that we have serious problems in our town. Now you've probably not experienced your relations being mugged as their walking home, a work colleague being knifed for his mobile phone, my wife being harassed as she's walking through town, my son nearly being knocked down by one of the countless eastern european drink drivers, I could go on but it will probably sail straight over your head. Strange thing is i've only encountered these incidents since the invasion of our town, hey maybe i've been unlucky and only come across the "1%"? that give them all a bad name.    Best wishes to your'e mum in law bob, hope they catch the bastard, its probably the 1% that I and many others keep coming across.

Statistics are otherwise known as 'facts', usually a pretty decent basis for any argument. Not working for any government department, just choosing to look at these things with some perspective as opposed to trying to reach some consensus based on who's had what done to them. People are always going to emphasise what 'foreigners' did because it's a hot topic, the things that happened to Shoddys Lanes' relative are less likely to be mentioned. I wouldn't doubt that immigrants have higher crime rates than the overall population - simply because the proportion of them who are young and male tends to be very high and that is the group most likely to offend regardless of nationality. Obviously my sympathies to anyone who's suffered crime, but I've always made it pretty obvious that I've been talking about immigration overall.

Adam from your response it appears you have access to figures .  why not answer my question on costs of traslators and benifits sent abroard .?  Also tell us how many pensioners are moving in and drawing their pensions over here.     
Enlighten us to what benifits we whould be entitled to if we moved over to eastern europe .
Also what have you to say to the hard working locals on here who have had their wages drasticly reduced by the labour market being flooded by immigrants.?

I don't have any special access to figures, I just read the report of some very well qualified economists who do research into this area! However, the percentage of Eastern European migrants of pensionable age moving here is tiny, and even then completely irrelevant as they're not entitled to - any hence won't receive - any state pension unless they've been making NI contributions for a significant portion of their live. If we moved to Eastern Europe? I'd guess at very few. Just like how Eastern European migrants are entitled to very little until they've made inward contributions. Why are you raising this - do you really think these studies would just happen to have 'forgotten' about pensions and benefits?!

The effects on the labour market are minimal either way. Given that landwork is inevitably minimum wage, 'hard working locals' will not have had their wages lowered. Unemployment amongst the lowest skilled locals may be likely to increase to some extent but this is offset by the overall gains of a more efficient workforce. There were clearly gaps in the labour supply around here, as vacancies is one of the major determinants as to where migrants moved.

Thankyou Steviemas, but I think Master Hildred is more having a pop at me, he tends to,silly boy.

Don't see where I've had a pop at you at all. Just putting some truths out about the topic you raised.

Bob Lee

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
Sorry Bob , forgot to ask how mum-in-law is today .

A lot happier today thanks.

LPRA I see your point, I am not racist and was only in conversation with a fellow poster on here last Saturday in the Pilgrim Lounge.

I stood up for Polish in general.  The fact is, it was a guest in this country who stole the purse.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 01:39:26 PM »
Adam as I thought you have not a clue on the financial effect of immigation i.e you fail to produce the figures to back your claims .

Tell us Adam why was the local police mounting a campain targeting foreign  drivers recently warning them about  drink drivers

"Hard working locals not had wages lowered " confirms what I suspected Adam ,  you havent a clue what is happening in the real world of Boston .
 Many are working for the same pay or less than they were earning ten years ago  .

Instead of listening to politicians and academics come and join us in the real world and then you will realise what Boston is about .

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »
Sorry to hear about mum in law , I have to agree if they committ a crime send them home a flight is a lot cheaper than jail etc , if they bleet about human rights tell them they should of thought about it before the crime , lots of the villans in the paper it is not there first offence  ???

I know we have to accept the workers but why the scum as well, we have plenty of our own scum to deal with .
Migration has always happend it is just the speed and numbers for our small town that is hard to accept . But we can only blame the greed of supermarkets and the people that supply the work force for getting us in to the mess the town is in  ??? ???

On a positive note well done to the youth team last night and good luck in the next round  ;D

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
Terrible thing to happen to anyone and fully understand the reaction of Bob I would probably feel the same.
Adam you are a local lad now at university studying I believe economics. I think you are being rather immature by writing your posts as though you are speaking from a position of authority, I believe you are a first year student and I understand that everything is exciting, but may I respectfully suggest you buckle down to your studies, after all we need good economists to take over from the present bunch who have put the country in the mire. Economics are enough for you so stick at it and leave politics and Diplomacy alone until you attend the university of life for a few years.

Bob Lee

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 02:54:47 PM »
Terrible thing to happen to anyone and fully understand the reaction of Bob I would probably feel the same.
Adam you are a local lad now at university studying I believe economics. I think you are being rather immature by writing your posts as though you are speaking from a position of authority, I believe you are a first year student and I understand that everything is exciting, but may I respectfully suggest you buckle down to your studies, after all we need good economists to take over from the present bunch who have put the country in the mire. Economics are enough for you so stick at it and leave politics and Diplomacy alone until you attend the university of life for a few years.

Thank you oxo very well put

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
Wish you had delivered that advice sooner oxo , the same message as I tring to put over to Adam but I lacked your cutting edge and style .