Author Topic: First Home Game  (Read 13813 times)

steve m

• View Profile
First Home Game
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »
I guess the most disappointing aspect of a tedious game was that we set up not to lose. with 5 across midfield and a lone striker.

I hope this is not the way we approach home games in the future.............

Bob Lee

Re: First Home Game
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 01:54:39 PM »
It was my first game of the season and I was excited to see the new look team.  I have decided I will pick my games in the future.  I am not knocking the team, just thought things had not improved from last season.  The league table tells me I am wrong, but maybe with some very good teams to grace York Street over the years they have a tough act to follow. ???

With money tight I will see a few miss a few.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:10:41 PM »
So bob if we had played well would you have decided to goto more games? would money have been less  tight? Just trying to understand the context, is it financial or performance based.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
lol..... think you will find it was 3 in the middle, thats one thing that could be seen,as for people groaning about the game get reall ffs. we made one of the best teams from last season look nowt more than us last season and for the bonus boston carved the better chances out..... 2 many of you are fickle prem fans and not the real deal as far as boston and non league fans go.   sorry just my opion.

Bob Lee

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:30:45 PM »
meant nothing by it, just my views and the odd 40 or 50 around me.  Why can no one tell the truth and not get slated for it.  If the football had some kind of shape and skill about it then perhaps my hard earned cash would be spent more often at the Street.

The point I am making is, if I pay my money i want to be entertained and Saturday was to be frank boring for most parts.  I am not one to shout and get on the players backs, I am just stating an opinion.  Just that some of the tactics on Saturday was to be blunt School boy stuff.  I cannot see why for goal kicks ect 20 players stood in a heap next to the Staffsmart stand.  Our number eleven did try to break ranks one time but was told in no uncertain terms to get his arse over to the other side.  I also thought Davidson for a big man won very few headers.  Saying that you could not knock the enthusiasm shown by the players, I did not see any pre-season and as I said I went to the match with great expectations.

I have seen some very good players down the lane, and maybe I am expecting too much.  But this is the worst league we have ever played ( Lincs league excepted ) and that showed in the quality on show.

I am not moaning, just putting my views of Saturday's match.  If you are honest you would say the same.

We have a club, we have a team and that looked very unlikely two years back.  Perhaps if the Malkies stopped trying to put us under and the FA stopped shafting us we could have a better budget.

As I said, I will pick my matches because every penny counts, but if what I saw inspired me I would cost cut else where.

Sorry if I upset anyone but this is an open forum and I am telling it how I and others around me saw it :(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »
Your veiws are respected as my what i said should be to, my moan is the fact that we took on one of the best teams in the league, stopped them getting at us, stopped them scoring and forced them in to a hit and hope game, and lets not forget apart from them hitting the post althou i think this was more down to the fact our keeper seemed a tad to confident, it was boston that made the 3 best chances of the game.

My point been last year we wouldnt have made those chances and we would have let them at us more.i think some of us have to think we are in the unibond not the league, we may be a big club but we have only got unibond players. doesnt matter how big the garrage is if you dont have the money you have to make do with the mini

Bob Lee

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:05 PM »
Point taken ;)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 08:31:29 PM »
Now that's a good healthy debate, sometimes agreeing to disagree is where we should be at. Both comments are very valid

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »
You can,t expect a completely new part-time team to gel after one match BL . Regard tactics RS said he was dissapointed at the amount of long balls played , so that will be addressed. Where did a big budget get us last season ?

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »
Dont apologise, no need and i get your point. How on earth i managed to keep watching the awful debacle last season still sends shivers down my spine,that WAS THE WORST TEAM PERIOD ever to grace a BOSTON shirt. First home game this season playing a team who scored 7 goals in 2 games, a good strong physical team...it was Kendal. Not peterborougfh,Lincoln or any other LGE2 side,this is where i see fans finding results dificult.Guisley.Frickley, Stocksbridge whoever...bloody Nantwich[last season] these teams we are now on a level playing field with...UNFORTUNATELY!!! Attendance and facilities, yep fantastic. It would have been nice to have got entertained on sat...but i like to think im realistic it will be a rare treat i think. I go cos its my team, im hopeful that with new vibrant management duo and even younger team..we will get some entertaining wins this season. LETS BE PATIENT...a new team generally takes a whole season to click..im not expecxting ought this season cos of that but hopefuly next season ;)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 08:40:51 PM »
I cant say i been to dissapointed by any of the players yet even if i do think our leading goal scorer as got a 1st touch like a donkey. I think the gelling is well on the way and there are sighnes that things will be getting better

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »
mm And I try to be constuctive about things and get my head bitten off ..
  Any way the one thing I' d like to put for debate is the low no of League matches this season ..so the  need to be V well positioned  V soon ? ..definitel y  .. maybe .
     Bit narked at the moment as my daughter got her contract fone pinched after the V Festival last nite..
        Regards to all Boston.

Bob Lee

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »
Just trying to get a debate going :) and I have,nt had a drink yet.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
 Had an array of drinks in the sunniness of Southport..
  (spirits are cheap if U know where to find them ..)

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »
.all im concerned about is fans dont turn up, although finance wise very understandable. My point is we are so desperate for BOSTON UTD to do well..after all the horrors weve been through [cant get that Nantwich game out of my head] every single person currently involved DESERVE IT. The Chairman/vice chair,directors,general manager and wife...and of course the supporters...nearly 1500 on sat...what does that say about  the fans!!!!