Author Topic: Cleethorpes Town: Pilgrims' approach for Luke. Grimsby Telegraph  (Read 1799 times)

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Cleethorpes Town: Pilgrims' approach for Luke. Grimsby Telegraph
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
BOSTON United Reserves have swooped for Cleethorpes Town's Luke Mascall – and boss Andy Liddle feels more of his unbeaten stars will attract interest from other clubs.

The Owls are the talk of the Sills & Betteridge Solicitors Lincolnshire League – unbeaten after 12 games, four points clear at the top and without a defeat since Liddle agreed to take charge on October 31 last year.

Tomorrow, Cleethorpes travel to Lincoln Moorlands Railway Reserves, who lost 4-3 at home to Grimsby's CGB Humbertherm last time out.

Liddle says it's up to former Grimsby Borough winger Mascall to decide where his future lies.

He said: "We're in a position where our players will attract interest.

"It wouldn't surprise me if clubs come in for three or four players – that's the way it is.

"Boston have approached us and it's down to Luke. I've known him since he was a young lad and wouldn't stand in the way of an opportunity.

"He's always given me everything and has always had ability.

"It's up to him – we want him to stay but we wish him all the best if he does go."

On tomorrow's opponents, Liddle said: "They will work hard and we are the team to beat.

"We play Lincoln United Reserves on Wednesday – another testing game.

"But hopefully we can get maximum points and see where that leaves us."

Liddle hailed his team's 14-0 victory against Sleaford Town Reserves, in which Luke Todd, Brody Robertson and Ricky Belding all bagged hat-tricks.

The win also capped off 12 months without defeat for Liddle.

He said: "It was great for the club. Now we move on and look forward to another year.

"I asked for goals and we got them. I've never been in charge for a 14-0 before."