Author Topic: Chinn  (Read 1828 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Chinn
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »
From the Lynn News:

BREAKING NEWS - Former Linnets majority shareholder convincted of attacking former girlfriend in nightclub
Published on Tuesday 8 November 2011 16:10

A LEADING figure in the now defunct King’s Lynn FC is behind bars today after he was convicted of wounding a former girlfriend in a nightclub incident.

Michael Chinn, 37, a former majority shareholder and an ex-director of the club, had denied wounding Meghan Davis during an incident at the Loaded night club in Spalding, but was found guilty by a jury at Lincoln Crown Court yesterday, Monday, following a trial.

However, the businessman was cleared of wounding Miss Davis’ friend, Cheri-Leigh Lincoln on the directions of judge Sean Morris, after the jury heard there was no evidence to show who threw an object which left her with a cut to the head.

Chinn, of Old Fendike Road, Weston Hills, Spalding, was remanded in custody as judge Sean Morris adjourned sentencing to a date yet to be fixed for the preparation of a probation report.

Miss Davis, who said she had previously dated Chinn, had earlier told the jury she was with friends including Miss Lincoln in the Loaded nightclub in Spalding on October 1 last year when there was “a commotion” around the bar area which resulted in Chinn being led away by his private security staff.

She said “I heard a commotion and the next thing I knew a glass was coming through the air towards me. It hit me on the head.

“I was bleeding quite heavily. The glass was thrown. I saw it being thrown by Michael Chinn. I saw his hand going back and the action of throwing.”

Miss Davis was helped from the bar area and later taken to hospital along with Miss Lincoln who was left with blood pouring from her head after being struck with an object. Miss Lincoln said she did not see who threw the item nor did she realise she had been hit until she felt blood.

In evidence Chinn said Miss Davis’ brother Michael had been “mouthing off” at him during the evening and as a result his personal security staff moved him (Chinn) away.

He said “I was walking off then a load of liquid went over my back and my shirt got soaked. I reacted and gestured but then my guys just grabbed hold of me and took me to the doors.

“I was pulled out of a bad situation. I didn’t throw anything. Not a bottle, not a tumbler, not a thing. I know I didn’t throw anything so I’ve got nothing to prove.”

Chinn also told the jury he took his private security staff with him whenever he went out because he had been targeted.

He said: “I own several companies. They turnover £30 million a year. It causes a few problems. I’ve been spat at and targeted so that’s why I have to have security.”