Author Topic: 3 out, who's coming in?  (Read 7122 times)

LPRA

• View Profile
3 out, who's coming in?
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:26:46 PM »
Armstrong, Wilkinson and Mulready gone....is anyone coming in? Anyone?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
Re: 3 out, who's coming in?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
At the Canners was asked about that. He said they were looking for a striker and centre midfielder but it would be a case of moving some on to free up the wages. Think we've seen the first part. Personally hope we get a ball winning midfielder in along with either a brute to replace Jason or and out and out goal scorer (the latter maybe harder to get hold of though!)

chris b

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:43 PM »
Two trialists playing for the reserves tomorrow night according to the O.S.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:55:35 PM »
A strong but cute forward like that geezer for Vauxhall Motors would be nice (but not him, travelling would be an issue!)

I'm not sure what the issue is in the middle, teams do cut us open for fun sometimes.  Both Sleath and Millnes look good in games, but they're too similar and the game with Armstrong in the middle looked a vast improvement.  Solihull had an enforcer in the middle on Saturday and they completely cancelled us out, we were completely unaffective because of him.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Seenbetter

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 10:18:25 PM »
You know that saying 'frying pan into the fire '. Well when I hear about changes to the squad it brings to mind that saying 'frying pan into the frying pan '. It is very obvious that the clubs ambition is to stay mediocre for the next three seasons during which time the club will hopefully have relocated, become financially sound and got a manager in. It may seem negative of me but at least I don't shout abuse at the players on the pitch, unless they are from Conwy of course.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 02:18:51 PM »
We definitely need a stopper or tackler in he midfield, plus someone big and mobile - probably a more experienced version of Burrow, who is too 'raw', with this being his first taste of senior football.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »
SeeingBetter you usually talk a lot of sense but the conspiracy theory "we're being kept mediocre on purpose" is absurd IMO. If we got promoted then we'd get bigger attendances to help pay for the new stadium.

As for what we need, we have never replaced Church, someone who can get his foot in, has lots of energy and can chip in with the goals as well. I personally think we need someone with pace up front who can also score goals. Someone in the mould of Miles Hunter.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 08:51:48 PM »
bigger attendances wont pay for a new ground!It will be used on better quality players ect.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 09:05:37 PM »
I did say help to pay  ::)

Still can't see what advantage keeping us mediocre would do? Surely losing in the play-offs for the next 3 years would make the most financial sense, which would also mean more chance of a cup run. Myself I don't see why we couldn't keep the budget similar (maybe a small increase) if we went up.

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 04:26:53 PM »
Thanks for the compliment WP. I hate to say this but if we had just a small increase in budget after promotion it wouldn't be enough to keep us up. I do believe we would need a change of manager as well.

Bartmac

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
I do believe we would need a change of manager as well.

Why?  Every manager has to start somewhere, you're not giving these lads a chance to prove themselves, I can't see anyone else improving us on our current budgets. ???

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
 Some people on here, including me, are actually giving them a chance by not saying what we really think. They are learning but sometimes they do things that to people like me who obviously know very little about tactics are left wondering why.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »
Thanks for the compliment WP. I hate to say this but if we had just a small increase in budget after promotion it wouldn't be enough to keep us up. I do believe we would need a change of manager as well.
Maybe we would get relegated again but it isn't a given. Don't think Telford or Braintree have increased their budget much as promoted sides and Southport notoriously don't have a big budget and they should of been relegated into this league, all are outside the relegation places at the moment. Compared against Lincoln and Grimsby who both have reputed top 6 budgets it certainly isn't the be all of doing well or not. And I agree with Bartmac regarding the managers.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
Give them a chance!Agree with the chairmans comments in the Target last week.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 01:54:56 PM »
  "Change the manager if we gain promotion "   Can,t see the logic in that s/b  if hes good enough to get us promoted there cannot be a lot the matter .