Author Topic: FANS FORUM  (Read 12715 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FANS FORUM
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 09:32:15 PM »
Good Luck!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »
BostonWoody "butcher" them!

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
Im an over 60s fella ,dont moan , and travel from West Yorkshire to support Boston United
So lets cut out Ageism on this Forum

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »
Older generation abusers!

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »
its not just the older ones, in the townend all last season there was one lad who was constantly berating sleath throughout the season with "sleath your shit", even when hes having a good game. how on earth is this helping players.

as for you KON, how many times have you had a go at Micky Stones? its about time you got behind the players as well.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 02:19:43 AM »
its not just the older ones, in the townend all last season there was one lad who was constantly berating sleath throughout the season with "sleath your shit", even when hes having a good game. how on earth is this helping players.

as for you KON, how many times have you had a go at Micky Stones? its about time you got behind the players as well.

I know exactly who you mean with the Sleath comment. I've always thought when the team isn't having the best of games or certain players it's when they need our support the most than when things are going well it'd be better to shout "keeping going" i.e but as you say some just seem to have the odd player they dislike and get on their back no-matter what.

If people are moaning around me I tend to keep quiet and shout the odd enouraging comment as long as they are giving 100%, because as mentioed there is always divides in small groups.

Can't please everyone eh.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »
Shorty2uk! Never abused Stones at a game! Anyway it doesn't matter about Stones anymore.Obviously the managers have realized he's not first team standard but reserves.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
Shorty2uk! Never abused Stones at a game! Anyway it doesn't matter about Stones anymore.Obviously the managers have realized he's not first team standard but reserves.

not really, still recovering from injury

nh83

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 11:19:41 AM »
The fitness coach isn't paid by the club, but out of the pockets of Jason and Lee. That's what dedicated managers he have.

Another interesting fact to come out of the forum was the massive amount of money our chairman has had to put in JUST to balance the books, a huge 1.5 million. Credit to him for making such personal sacrifices and keeping the club going, and that's without taking into account all the debts that have been paid and are still being paid. I'd hate to think just how much they've put into the club without any return. The term hero is often over used in my opinion, but I'm sure many BUFC fans wouldn't mind using it when describing David and Neil. My respect for these two gentlemen grows more and more.

On another note, Cooke made an excellent point about encouragement of players and I hope this filters through to all parts of the ground. 

By all accounts, a very enjoyable evening and a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. A million miles away from the last forum I attended under the old regime. So much progress has been made since then thank god.

I think the chairman is doing a great job, but I can't help but feel when he has put £1.5 million into the club that instead of balancing the books, he has placed the club £1.5 million more into debt.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »

I think the chairman is doing a great job, but I can't help but feel when he has put £1.5 million into the club that instead of balancing the books, he has placed the club £1.5 million more into debt.

Please explain how you work that one out?
United we stand..................

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »

Intresting point to bring up TBF by nh83.

The 1.5m As been Balancing the books and sorting other mess out but i can see what he is saying, Is the 1.5 mil been thrown into the club without the intention of return or as it been put into the club as a personal loan. Like the Lavaflow Money that was put in the club about a mil i beleave, althou we new nuffink at the time this money was only loaned to the club.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
I don,t think the name Laverflow can be relevent to any discussion on money
management .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 01:52:31 PM »
Cavalier what about 60 plus abusers then?

Obviously I have given thought to this before replying and ask you to consider: -
1.  Please don't tar everyone with the same brush.  You seriously devalue the magnificent support given by some of the longest supporters of our fine club.  I personally know of ones who have been supporting for over 65 years who are loyal, honest, non-swearing and fair minded.  They do not and would not dream of abusing our players and are offended by your comments.
2.   You are right to target the abusers of our players but please remember to direct your remarks at only these spectators (I will not dignify them with the title of supporters) of whatever age, instead of making such a sweeping statement.

United we stand..................

nh83

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »

The debts will now be increased by £1.5 million to Chesnut Homes. We, as a club, now owe more than when we went into administration!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »
But Chestnut Homes own the club, so it's a debt to itself?