Author Topic: FANS FORUM  (Read 12716 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FANS FORUM
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
What a great fans forum. I had questions to ask particularly about how Neils 5 year plan for Boston United becoming a total community club was progressing. Did not need to ask them as he absolutely stunned me and I am sure everyone else present with a presentation that showed we are probably one of the top clubs in the country when it comes to community involvement (and not just in non-league) Obviously this brilliant work will help when we have to seek grants for a new ground, as David said last night potential investors and sponsors are also stunned when the community work is shown and explained to them and it has already lead to interest in the future.
When I asked Lee the question of why we performed better away from home he also mentioned the lack of pressure on young players, whereas at home they feel the pressure of playing in front of a big crowd "PARTICULARLY WHEN ELEMENTS OF THAT CROWD HAVE A GO AT THEM." So I agree with others on here lets encourage the lads if they make an error not slag them off and I for one will let those moaners know what I think when I here them.
So there is still a long way to go before our club is where it wants to be but with David and Neil at the helm if we all do all we can to help them we will get there.   

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 02:34:16 PM »
Just stop the over 60s! It's always the OAP who abuse the players! Made me laugh the other day when one of the abusers stated on this forum players shouldn't be abused!!!
Good to see the managers forking out their own pockets! They must be getting too much money Mr Newton ;D. Hope the FC declares it on his tax forms!!!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
In reality I think probably less than 10% of those in attendance on match days actually look on here so it really needs more prominence. A few flyers or banners at games - mentioned over the PA system etc.

DL

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 02:47:59 PM »
It's only a small number involved!I would say it's less than 1% of the gate.It happens at every club in England.Why doesn't the club ban them from entry?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
Think all of us should take on oxo,s stance and have a word with these moaners ,

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 04:24:13 PM »
......It happens at every club in England.....

There was a chap sat not too far away from me at our game last night who spent the entire game moaning (as he does at most games!). As he left someone asked him if he was happy, his reply was "I'm always happy"  :o

And yes, he is aged 60+  ;D

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
Just stop the over 60s! It's always the OAP who abuse the players!

Racism wrong, sexism wrong, but ageism still OK then?
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
Cavalier what about 60 plus abusers then?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 07:37:44 PM »
It happens at every club in England.

Yes it does.
There are usually one or two gob-shites within a group of other fans.
The gob-shites wait until they think its safe to have a go at a player who is maybe not having his best game.
A few fans nearby laugh at the comments encouraging the gob-shites to even greater efforts.
Anyone who tells the retards to shut the feck up and try getting behind the team is treated as a trouble maker and subjected to abuse by them and their group of mates.
If things start to kick off the stewards move in and usually go for the individual who is standing up to the cretinous twats...its a lot easier than taking on the group I suppose, but it does mean that the situation will continue unless someone thinks up a slightly different solution.  ???

bronco

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »
lets have a sin bin for these idiots and put it in the middle of boston dock(while there they can shout abuse at the ducks)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 08:26:48 PM »
not many ducks in there Bronco!Send them up the Stump with the pigeons.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 08:36:37 PM »
lets have a sin bin for these idiots and put it in the middle of boston dock(while there they can shout abuse at the ducks)
i suggested a while back having a special section for them. It seems only right that they should be sectioned.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
i suggested a while back having a special section for them. It seems only right that they should be sectioned.

Put them in the town end, at least then there would actually be noise coming from that end all through the match and just from when we score.  :)

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
Anyway, I think the most concerning thing to come out of the fans forum is the level of debt we are still accruing. Personally thought it'd be down to a low 5 figure sum for the last 2 years and was surprised how high it is/was. Not really a lot us normal fans can do about it, but it was good to hear DN say that he is determined to get the club breaking even, although he doesn't think it is feasible whilst still at YS.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:04 PM »
I'm ashamed to say that I was stood next to the prat having a go at Semps and did nothing. My sole contribution so far has been to stop taking my 11 year old daughter to the matches as I don't want her to hear that kind of language and abuse.

However after having nearly a week to reflect, including reading comments posted here, and not replying purely emotionally, I've decided to grow a pair and fight back. Why should a foul mouthed bigot stop a father and daughter enjoying a mutually enjoyable saturday afternoon while potentially destroying any last shred of motivation in one of our better players?

Next home game, whenever that may be, can I suggest that instead of standing rather ineffectually at the York Street end the police presence is placed in Spain Road. There is still a law regarding the use of foul and abusive language in public place,let's use it. If not I'll deal with it personally.

I do not want to lower myself to their standards and take the law into my own hands, but will not stand by while morons ruin my, and if my interpretation of messages written here many others, Saturdays.