Author Topic: SOMEONE NOT HAPPY  (Read 6826 times)

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
SOMEONE NOT HAPPY
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

From the Colwyn Bay blog:

"In fact, we didn't get much from the referee after half-time and I wasn't happy that the challenge on Matty Hughes went unpunished. For me it was a coward's challenge. The lad has led with his forearm and connected with Matty has he headed the ball and caused a two inch gash which has ultimately cost us because we couldn't stop the bleeding."
 Colwyn Bay fans at the game complained afterwards at dreadful verbal abuse they had received from some Boston fans (including women), and Challinor was also unhappy that Hughes was booed by home fans after he had been injured.
 "Matty showed courage to stay out there and get in a lot of important headed clearances despite a very nasty gash that may need stitches. He didn't deserve the abuse he received.
 "The behaviour of their fans through the game was not acceptable from my point of view," he added. "I am all for supporters getting behind their team, but being abusive to people is not big or clever and is not the way I want to see fans behave."

chris47

• View Profile
Re: SOMEONE NOT HAPPY
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
But a player sticking his finger up at Boston fans was OK I suppose.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
I thought they (Colwyn Bay) as a football team conducted themselves terribly all afternoon........the behaviour of several of their players and staff was disgusting and was at best fit only for the local leagues.

But.......

Challinor is right, Jason Lee's challenge on the lad was awful, a really cowardly challenge and if we'd had anything approaching a competent set of officials yesterday he'd have been looking a red card and subsequent 3 match ban.......the best thing JL could have done was what he did, quietly substitute himself in the mayhem. He let himself down badly with that challenge.

And those morons who booed the lad after he'd been patched up are beyond the pale.......how the feck can you fake an injury like that...?....some of the clowns that attend our games really need to take a look at themselves at times.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
Norty40 as the bloke next to us  agreed if that was in the street he would be arrested!

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 03:54:20 PM »
Has anyone ever seen someone treated for a head injury that obviously needed stitches carried out on the pitch?! Ultimately their unwillingness to accept the BUFC doctors assistance and tried to glue him together with vasaline and bandages cost them in the final minute.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
An innocent footballing incident I would suggest, from my seat. Dealt with wrongly by the visitors, and rightly lost the advantage. Funny old game this.
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

jimmystars

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
The reason a lot of fans were unhappy with the player down injured was because of him being treated on the pitch and then being ok to come straight back on - everytime Boston get a similar injury our players have to go off the pitch to get treated - if the ref was strong enough he would have been taken off straight away

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:29:30 PM »
The reason a lot of fans were unhappy with the player down injured was because of him being treated on the pitch and then being ok to come straight back on - everytime Boston get a similar injury our players have to go off the pitch to get treated - if the ref was strong enough he would have been taken off straight away

Gamesmanship by the Colwyn management who were determined to hold up play until their player was ready.  It was obvious the injury was not too serious or the stretcher would have been called for.  Once again, a case of inconsistant refereeing.
United we stand..................

pilgrim4life

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 06:40:47 PM »
simple answer to this for the colwym fan, stay your side of the bridge next time. The way all of their staff and players conductec themselves was shocking all afternoon. Their number 8 should have been sent off earlier for a horrendous challenge. Time wasting after their 2 soft goals so i thought they got exactly what they deserved! We were by far the better team all day.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:36 PM »
An innocent footballing incident I would suggest, from my seat. Dealt with wrongly by the visitors, and rightly lost the advantage. Funny old game this.

You were blind side then and didn't see the elbow.

No sympathy for them btw, just an honest view of what I saw.

They got a point more than they deserved for their conduct.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
http://youresupposedtobeathome.com/2011/10/york-street-boston-united/

Bless.......

Valid point about the abuse for the lad being patched up though, the abuse was indefensible.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 08:06:20 PM »
According to that report it was a clash of heads apparently. Wonder if anyone from the YS stand comes on here if so what did you see? I am assuming the CB fans had a better veiw from their end than our fans in Spayne lane.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
I love the way those reports talk about the referee decisions that went against them, they don't mention the blatant hand ball in the first half which would of given us the chance to go 2 up. Milnes was booked for a dive when it looked to me that he was caught late by their keeper who missed the ball.

Then there was a second hand ball in the second half that could also have been a a pen, although that wasn't as clear cut. Don't agree with the report who said their player didn't dive in the second, was defo a dive and should of been a yellow. Ref did miss a hand ball by Austin though and their pen was the correct decision.

The ref had a bit of a mare but think both sides can feel aggrieved by his decisions not just Colwyn as intimated by their fans/managers/players.

Personally didn't think their players conduct was that bad (for the 90 minutes on the pitch at least), although I don't know what happened after in the clubhouse. As far as their fans slating ours, can't you tell Colwyn have had 2 quick promotions, shades of those muppets from Prescot Cables a few years ago (to name one of many), sounds like they've made a mountain out of a molehill to me.

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2011, 09:54:04 PM »
I watch from the York Street end and am pretty certain that it was head on head. The person stood next to me was indeed adamant that it was.
The only player waving elbows about was McHeavyly.
Right from the start of the second half he was waving his elbow at the ref trying to effect his judgement and get players booked.
Challinor was quoted in the Daily Post as saying "we have a game plan which we think can get us a result. It is up to the players now to carry that out."
Perhaps the game plan was: Intimidate the ref at any opportunity, be as provocative to the home fans as possible and set an all time record for time wasting if you get in front?
If so then numbers 9, 8 and 1 did a pretty good job of it.

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »
Do find it stupid that some of our fans were booing this guy - think there are certain precautions that have to be taken when a head wound has been incurred - and if my head was in this state I think I would want to wait a while before moving! Credit to this player!