Author Topic: What a referee  (Read 2742 times)

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
What a referee
« on: October 30, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
What a referee in  yesterdays match Boston utd v Colwyn Bay.   Very poor to the least about the lack of control from the referee. Colwyn bay time wasting,  but the ref did nothing about that, & when the linesman did flag the ref for a incident with the lino, the ref did send a Colwyn player off then that player took his time to go off the pitch
The 8 Minutes  added time was for an incident to a Colwyn bay player with head injures
Its time people on here stopped shouting down the Pilgrims .
its time to get rid of those rubbish refs in the leagues

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: What a referee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
.........QUITE AGREE!!!
The standard of Officials at YS this season has IMO been dreadful..........

Mind you I had my doubts regarding the quality of the Officials VS CB from the second minute......The Linesman,who was just a few feet away from the "incident",just like me and others,clearly saw that the ball DID NOT go over the touchline for a throw-in...instead he flagged it had gone out--quite an astonishing decision....

But we shouldnt blame the Officials all of the time-sometimes you have to say that "perhaps we werent quite good enough today".

Seenbetter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:44:31 AM »
The problem with getting rid of all the crap refs in this league would be not having enough refs left over to run the league. What makes useless articles like him yesterday want to  wear black fancy dress. If he thinks he's any good he should watch a replay of the game and take a deep look at his abilities to do the job. Give it up boyo and take up something else, like whittleing.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:09:13 PM »
I thought in the first half the ref was okay apart from missing the  hand ball. There pen was stone wall correct choice.
Second half for the first 15 he was fine but as we see so many times a ref can completly destroy himself in a mad 30 min.

As for there players less said the better time to forget them move on and keep the team moving forward

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
The drawback to having a good ref would have been having one of our players sent off and Colwyn awarded a penalty in the second half.