Author Topic: Not good enough to grace our park  (Read 5819 times)

Swampy

• View Profile
Not good enough to grace our park
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
"Not good enough to grace our park" is just a small part of the abuse Ryan Semple had shouted at him yesterday by a couple of chaps in the front row.

Possibly our most talented player and the man who keeps landing these crosses on Jason Lee's head!

We should be encouraging and building their confidence not dragging them down!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Not good enough to grace our park
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »
Totally agree swampy. These idiot, underclass low life need moving out. They have no contribution to make to the club. :-[
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:37:48 AM »
It's no wonder some of our players put in poor performances when you've got some idiots shouting abuse at them (sometimes within the first 10 minutes  :( ).  If they can't be bothered to encourage the players then don't come to the matches.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:58:47 AM »
.............IMO the comments here summarise arguably our most gifted and talented player.....when he is fit,and in the mood,the likeable RS can be awesome.......take for example the pinpoint right wing cross he delivered vs CB yesterday,right onto Lees head!.....tremendous stuff....also he showed real class at times vs CB with some Ginola-esk wizzardry! He also did a bit of tracking back and tackling....
However,earlier in the season,when he clearly wasnt fit,it was a different story---truely dreadful at times....
IMO part of "the problem" is quite simply-we dont pass the ball enough to him....he cant have the chance to impress if he aint got the ball.............

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:41:15 PM »
When Ryan got wound up I was only seconds away from intervening myself - and I am a laid back character in anyones book.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:51:30 PM »
The worrying thing is that the abusers weren't youngsters but 60+ blokes!I noticed that Nick the Steward move right behind them but seemed a scared to say anything!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »
Would be nice to ban all the moaners but a 40% fall in gate would mean a reduced playing budget . 

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 05:09:10 PM »
Sorry state of affairs when it takes a bunch of cheats and an idiot in black to unite our fans behind our team. 

If York Street were united behind the team like they were second half when 'events' started to unfold from the off, we'd be a force and the likes of Vauxhall Motors would never get chance to waltz around like they own the place.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:14 PM »
Sorry state of affairs when it takes a bunch of cheats and an idiot in black to unite our fans behind our team. 

If York Street were united behind the team like they were second half when 'events' started to unfold from the off, we'd be a force and the likes of Vauxhall Motors would never get chance to waltz around like they own the place.

Have to agree!  Many fans turn up and expect Boston to entertain them, and win.  Well, I've got news for them - football is a funny old game and sometimes, as in life, we don't get what we think we deserve.  I believe every supporter could do more to encourage his/her team,especially when things are not going well and urge everyone to remember this.
However, I would also like the team to believe in themselves more and up the tempo in spells all through the game instead of waiting until we are really up against it.  Maybe the combination of the above could do the trick!     
United we stand..................

Bob Lee

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »
I am afraid it is the same at all grounds.

I went to White Hart Lane three years ago, and was sat next to an idiot who slagged off Tom Huddlestone every time he touched the ball.

Tom scored a screamer of a goal and he slagged him off again saying he should have passed.

People around him took him to task.

The thing is, it is only about 10 or 11 people out of 1,000, or in Spurs case 300 in 30,000, just that in our small ground if someone farts we all get to know about it.

Bartmac

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 10:41:33 AM »
I think the problem is that footballers can, at times, be so frustrating, like on Saturday in the 2nd half we had a corner, and RS was stood in the "D" with his hands on his hips looking totally disinterested, when IMO he should have been in his position at the back of the box where the ball ended up and their defence was able to clear it easily, it's just little things that a semi-professional footballer should be doing.  Still there is no need to abuse a player.   The steward did have a word with the old feller in question, infact there were two of them having a talk to him.

against the odds

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 04:35:12 PM »
The "old feller" who was spoken to by Ponytail was not giving Semple any grief.  He was the one who was abusing Bastock as the players came off the pitch at half-time.
The 2 giving Semple grief were standing 2 places to the left of this person from where I was standing directly behind all this. The "old feller" had gone to have a word with the other 2 and that was when Ponytail and a female steward decided to get involved.  Seems I've got rid of 1 idiot who used to abuse Yates and he has been replaced by 2 idiots abusing Semple and 1 idiot abusing Bastock.