Author Topic: 2012 BUFC Calendar - Input  (Read 3598 times)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
2012 BUFC Calendar - Input
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
Evening everybody,

What are your thoughts on putting together a 2012 BUFC calendar for fans and players to purchase and put a little bit of money back into the club. I have been looking around and have sent off for some samples whereby 10% of the cost goes to a chosen charity - would be a good thing - any thoughts on a charity?

Anyway, I am after your input into what sort of layout you would prefer, and how to set out the months e.g. players for each month or just action highlights each month? Also if anybody has any graphic design skills then that would be great!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cheers

David

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 BUFC Calendar - Input
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »
I would have thought that Chris Cook is your man for producing calenders. As for charities, the Butterfly Hospice, the Air Ambulance or any appeal fo equipment at Pilgrim Hospital. Produced locally and local charities, all good publicity.

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
Cheers Shoddys, it's nice to know somebody thinks of us!

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
Thats a good idea Shippy.

I would say that the only problem of having one player's photograph on a page for each month is that by the middle months within the calendar the football season has finished, and some players have left the club by the time "their month" comes round on the calendar.

Personally, I prefer not to see departed players on calendars, as they seem irrelevant once they have gone.

Not sure how far your back-catalogue of photographs goes, but how about producing a calendar containing action shots of Boston United legends from yesteryear. If they are all retired, rather than simply plying their trade elsewhere, I would buy one. A calendar featuring Cookie, Tex,  Cav, McKenna, Adamson, Poplar, Ellendar and the like at the height of their powers would be good. I appreciate if they are before your time then you will not have the copyright on the photo's though.

Just a thought.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
wembley 85, that's a great idea.

put me down for one!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 01:04:28 PM »
great idea. I spoke to Chalker about it a few days ago (both supporting the club having Sunday lunch at The Lounge - excellent value - see other thread:))
my suggestion tho was the "wags"
that way who cares if the player leaves :)

Shippy92

• Just another Snapper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:52:10 AM »
Thats a good idea Shippy.

I would say that the only problem of having one player's photograph on a page for each month is that by the middle months within the calendar the football season has finished, and some players have left the club by the time "their month" comes round on the calendar.

Personally, I prefer not to see departed players on calendars, as they seem irrelevant once they have gone.

Not sure how far your back-catalogue of photographs goes, but how about producing a calendar containing action shots of Boston United legends from yesteryear. If they are all retired, rather than simply plying their trade elsewhere, I would buy one. A calendar featuring Cookie, Tex,  Cav, McKenna, Adamson, Poplar, Ellendar and the like at the height of their powers would be good. I appreciate if they are before your time then you will not have the copyright on the photo's though.

Just a thought.

I must admit I do like that idea - I'm sure I could sort something out with the club on this one (although copyright could be the issue) - we shall see. I want to do this, but would need a slight hand in some respects - but then again I do want it to be a community effort.

The other idea I was thinking of was just to have some of the celebrations/high points from over the past couple of season - from the promotion to the Blue Square North, play offs last season and general high points. Would be nice just to remind people how the far the club has come over the past couple of years. Also, it makes the players leaving issue a bit less of an issue

Cheers Shoddys, it's nice to know somebody thinks of us!

Well if you would like to lend a hand - and have some good ideas for a front cover and decent calander layouts. then I'm sure we can talk business once again! (if the business cards you did for me are anything to go by then we shouldn't have a problem - FOR ALL YOUR BUSINESS CARDS, GO TO CHRIS COOK PRINT!)

As for charities - I was thinking something along the lines of Macmillan Cancer - as it is a cause that is close to my heart, due to the fact my Grandma passed away from Cancer earlier this year and they were there to look after her. I also know that it is close to the hearts of a couple of people at the club at the moment. Ok there wont be masses of money made, but every little helps!.

Keep those ideas coming, I am working on a few things for it as I write this :)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:09:05 AM »
Shippy, will definitely support your efforts should you choose Macmillan Cancer as the charity. Their work has be very precious to me!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:09:37 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 11:47:36 AM »

Why not involve some of the "behind the scenes" staff in the calendar? At least that would get around the issue of players leaving.