Author Topic: Another 3 points but.....  (Read 15128 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points but.....
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 07:00:59 PM »
Agree Ceamboy! As somebody said in the crowd on Saturday "our centre defender shouldn't be getting MOM".After thinking about it he was totally right.Against the bottom but one team and at home! Shows how poor this team is! Everybody thought Liam Parker was brilliant in the Taylor era but in reality he looked good because the rest were poor!

Harsh on Liam Parker, he has been a good servant, had some cracking games for us.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 07:05:23 PM »
Regarding Pearson most on here went ott when he left here saying he was far too good for Grimsby and suggesting his standard was L2, L1 and some even said championship.

I myself said that L2 was the highest he'd play and that the step up to Conf Nat to play full time football was a big leap. The main reason was that I thought he was slow, he did the basics right but his lack of pace would hold him back.

Not looking like a championship player at the mo as he cannot even get in a Grimsby team struggling near the bottom of the league above. Have a peruse of their forum and most of their fans say his lack of pace lets him down  ;)

I don't think he was the finished article when he left here and I do think he'll come good but will only ever be a good Conf Nat/L2 defender and won't go any higher IMO.

So not being wise after the event I think Ward is definitely got the potential to be better than Pearson as he has more pace and I don't think he is far off Pearson when he left us. Stainfield I think is a bit further away but again has lots of potential, they both will learn and improve off Alan White who is one of, if not the best Central defender I have seen in a Boston shirt. I'm talking first time round but he's still bloody good for this level even in his mid 30's.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
Alan White rumoured to be interested in the Darlo job I've heard!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »
I've heard different. ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »
Ceamboy agree about Shauns goals taking us into play-offs.    Many Spayne terrace fans slagged Yates off (you know them)  ,  how many goals has Shaun scored since they parted ways ?   the answer NIL .

Pre-season I was told by a ex-nonleague player that Pearson would be struggling to make it at BSP level .    If you go on THE FISHY forum you will see the Grimsby fans think the same ,  unable to get in a to very poor team .

Talking to the same ex-player at the Kidsgrove match his assessement was Ward was a better player than Pearson. that,s good enough for me .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Regarding Pearson most on here went ott when he left here saying he was far too good for Grimsby and suggesting his standard was L2, L1 and some even said championship.

I myself said that L2 was the highest he'd play and that the step up to Conf Nat to play full time football was a big leap. The main reason was that I thought he was slow, he did the basics right but his lack of pace would hold him back.

Not looking like a championship player at the mo as he cannot even get in a Grimsby team struggling near the bottom of the league above. Have a peruse of their forum and most of their fans say his lack of pace lets him down  ;)

I don't think he was the finished article when he left here and I do think he'll come good but will only ever be a good Conf Nat/L2 defender and won't go any higher IMO.

So not being wise after the event I think Ward is definitely got the potential to be better than Pearson as he has more pace and I don't think he is far off Pearson when he left us. Stainfield I think is a bit further away but again has lots of potential, they both will learn and improve off Alan White who is one of, if not the best Central defender I have seen in a Boston shirt. I'm talking first time round but he's still bloody good for this level even in his mid 30's.
Stuart. Balmer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2011, 09:58:08 PM »
Unfortunately them struggling to make an impact doesnt really help our case in trying to get as much money as possible from Grimsby.  ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »
Maybe Grimsby will claim we owe them money on the H & S  Deal .

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »
Seaguls made more noise than the crowd!

There did seem to be a lot of seagulls at York Street last Saturday. Maybe it had something to do with the fishy smells given off by Church, Pearson and Elding?

townender3385

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
Is Parker still injured? Does anyone know

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2011, 08:35:58 PM »

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2011, 11:14:35 PM »
Parker is still injured but hopes to be fit again soon.
United we stand..................

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2011, 01:54:14 PM »
Don't be too quick to judge Pearson - it's more difficult to look like a good player when you're surrounded by cr@p.  He was part of a good defence here, and improved over those 2 years.  I think Grimsby, like us, are at the early stages of building a new team, so it will take time for players to settle in and perform to the best of their ability