Author Topic: Another 3 points but.....  (Read 15129 times)

shinnster

• View Profile
Re: Another 3 points but.....
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »
Several hunded quid on stewards in one stand? Where do you get that figure from?

Whats a steward get a game? £40? £50? 5 or 6 on the Town End and 2 or 3 on the away section.......thats a couple of players wages in my book.

The stewards get 20 quid a game and they have to declare it to the taxman/social ec so they aint on that much,and as for the game yesterday,bufc were poor for large amounts of the game,but but but thay did something yesterday which made me a boston fan in the firstplace they never gave up,and battled,,,Bufc till i die...,
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:52:34 PM by shinnster »

bb1

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
I was at the game yesterday, although this thread is so negative I've yet to see any stand-out team so far. How come that Altrincham can beat Colwyn Bay 6-1 then lose 5-1 to Stalybridge that should make Stalybridge V Colwyn a no contest surely? Result Colwyn 2 Stalybridge 0. Footballs a funny old game we could still win the league! Given these strange results. You only have to take Nuneaton that where top 3 for most of last year this year mid table. Must be a lot of drive from the managers and the players to come back twice from a goal down.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
We won we didn't play particulally well but over the 90 minutes I think we just about edged it. The main problem with this forum is too many people take themselves too seriously. Lighten up chaps and enjoy the ride.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2011, 05:07:32 PM »
Spot on Tash! Chill out you lot and "enjoy the ride"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 05:13:37 PM »
We've actually won 4 of our last 5 league games...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »
Just in sixth place. If our goal difference was better we would be in the play off positions. Team and managers are 'work in progress' but maybe things are getting better?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
I predict we will make the play-offs ,  also predict many of the moaners will come on and say "I knew we would ,  give the managers a longer comtract."

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
Your right GHM we will make the play offs!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 11:57:20 PM »
I predict KON will be proved wrong  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
Just in sixth place. If our goal difference was better we would be in the play off positions. Team and managers are 'work in progress' but maybe things are getting better?

Something Craig put on Twitter a few weeks ago still seems pertinent to me, it was along the lines of trusting JL and LC to get it right in the mid/long run. When you're barely into October as we were at the time, sacking managers isn't just about results, but your instinct on if they've actually got the capability to turn it around. Personally I think they can, and given that the position we're in that needs 'turning around' is 6th in the league, I still think anyone wanting to sack the managers is completely mad.

From the sounds of it there's still vast imperfections in the team (a number of which are pretty standard at this level) but we've improved a hell of a lot lately. It was unfortunate that our worst result(s) of the season came in the Cup and tended to make things look worse than they actually are.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:16 PM »
Lets hope history repeats itself Adam .   I recall two years ago that  simalar things were being said about S & H management .   Seem to recall many questioned the judgement of myself , Woad Pilgrim and one or two others who had the audacity to suggest they would come good .
 Pre-season the main theme was "we shall not be able to replace Pearson " ,  here we are only 14 games into the season and the managers have unearthed two young stoppers better than Shaun .

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 04:23:31 PM »
GHM whilst Stainsfield and Ward are both raw talents doing well neither are yet the finished article Pearson was during his last few months here.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
Ward nor Stainfield the finished article yet better than Shaun .  Looks good for the future .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »
Ward nor Stainfield the finished article yet better than Shaun .  Looks good for the future .

I think you've been on the sherry bottle again Pete,  until his injury Wardie was our most improved player this season, also young Stainfield gets better with every game, but no-way are they anywhere as good as S Pearson was, Pearsons ability to score goals was brilliant for a defender, without Shauns goals we would not have got into the play-offs last season, hopefully these two young lads will mature into first class defenders.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Agree Ceamboy! As somebody said in the crowd on Saturday "our centre defender shouldn't be getting MOM".After thinking about it he was totally right.Against the bottom but one team and at home! Shows how poor this team is! Everybody thought Liam Parker was brilliant in the Taylor era but in reality he looked good because the rest were poor!