Author Topic: Another 3 points but.....  (Read 15130 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points but.....
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
Allright KON but got the first letter right its hard to remember names of players that are anonymous in a game

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »
By the way perfectionist whose the hairman?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Chairman!

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:56 PM »
Jason, well done another outstanding performance, showing you still retain the class you have long showed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:02:03 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »
Thought we where poor today but showed great character to grind out the result. We had plenty of possession especially second half but struggled to create chances. But a wins a win and hopefully the confidence back to back wins should give the players a decent (home) performance is just around the corner.

Agree with P86 regarding Armstrong, totally anonymous and not sure what he's bringing to the team, personally think Milnes and Milly can count themselves unlucky to be behind him in the pecking order. Good to see Austin have a better game today as he's struggled so far this season although he was eclipsed by Stainfield who deservedly won MOTM. The more games he plays at this level the fitter he looks which in turn shows in his performances.

So without really playing well so far aside from the odd game or half we are only goal difference away from a play-off place. Alty apart (and we made them look good IMO) I'm still to see a really good side so there's no reason why we can't challenge for a play-off place.

Seenbetter

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 11:59:51 PM »
We come on here and a lot of folks are frightened to say what they really think because they get accused of not being a  ''true fan'' or a ''loyal supporter'' and are told they may as well stay at home if they are not happy. So stuff the risks, here goes. Sod the league position. We were absolute rubbish against a poor team who passed it around far better than us for the whole of the first half. The second half we were better but it was all about hoofing it up front and hoping it lands near one of our players. The last 15 minutes our players got excited and were the better side. We haven't yet outplayed any visiting team. If we finish in the play offs playing the way we do will only highlite how weak the league is this season and if we were to get promoted we would be an embarrassment next season unless there were big and numerous changes in the playing and management staff.
As for the joker in black with the whistle, all I can say about him is RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH. Wouldn't know a foul if it bit him on the arse.
The best team lost today and if that makes people happy you have very low expectations from our team.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2011, 08:00:35 AM »
Agreed 'Seeingbetter', not sure what is with this forum - perhaps all forums are the same. Its been like it from the beginning, follow the herd or get a torrent of abuse.

This whole 'being a true fan', is such nonsense.

As long as posts aren't abusive or overly personal, people should be allowed their views. If you don't like a poster's views or attitude simply
don't read it.

People pays their money they are entitled to express an opinion .....

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
its the fact KON has been given out abuse to :- mickey stones (boy what an episode that was), the fitness coach and the management team.

granted we all want the team and the club to do as well as possible but constant berating is not going to help, constructive criticism is ok but the constant abuse he give is unacceptable

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2011, 09:43:02 AM »
Stones was constructive! The management realized he wasn't good enough.Also a main figure at the club assured me that MS was not a first choice pick but a reserve player! Do we need a fitness coach is constructive..no we've never had one before!

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
A game that contained three nicely worked goals and luckily we got two of them, though if I'd been a Workington supporter I'd be gutted to get nothing from that.  After 20 mins their forward Arnison took a lovely threaded pass through our defence nicely and despatched it past Bazza with a Premiership inspired celebration cupping his ear to the Spayne Lane.  I think he thought he was at Old Trafford.  Whatever the ref was on I don't know but he seemed to be operating a  " wheel of fortune" random selector on decisions and it was one of these wrong decisions that gave Workington a quick free kick on the half way line, which gain put Arnison through again, he rounded the keeper and somehow put the ball against the post of an open net . (Luckily for us: Premiership celebrations but Blue Square North finishing). A narrow escape.  Just before half time Ryan had just swapped over to try his luck on the left wing and it paid off with a peach of a cross onto the head of Jason who wasn't going to miss a chance like that. The second half could have gone either way, big Kev did well to head off the line to save us and the contest went our way with again another quality cross and an excellent header from Jordan Burrows the super sub.The way he accurately powered the header past the keeper showed quality finishing skills.
 Still, we didn't play that well but won and three points is three points.Two excellent crosses and finishes were the difference, well done lads.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 10:14:53 AM »
There are 2 issues here

1) Do "happy clappers" use the "not a true supporter" card against the "moaners"?

Yes I think they do so in this respect I agree with Seeingbetter and DC and have said so before, check out previous posts on "the chairman's statement" thread if you're interested.

What I will add is I don't think any of this is helping anyone, people criticizing each other based on where they stand/sit in the ground or because they are "moaners" or "happy clappers". Isn't it about time people on both sides grew up and have start having proper, well thought out debates without petty name calling?

2) Seeingbetter's claim that performances are more important than results.

Personally I'd take another 28 performances like yesterday if we got 28 wins. The winning ugly losing pretty argument is always a matter of personal choice, as I said I'm in the winning ugly camp. Don't think Workington were the better side yesterday myself, sure they passed the ball well but they where probably less productive than us in chances created and I certainly think we outmuscled them and IMO deserved our win in the end.

As for being an embarrassment next season IF we went up, not really a great way to back up an argument using something that might never happen. Personally don't think it'd be an embarrassment anyway if we made it and lost every game, I think it would be a hell of an achievement to just make the Conf Nat in given the state of the club 5 years ago.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 10:44:32 AM »
Stones was constructive! The management realized he wasn't good enough.Also a main figure at the club assured me that MS was not a first choice pick but a reserve player! Do we need a fitness coach is constructive..no we've never had one before!

the stones thread you started calling him a "disgrace" yes thats really constuctive

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 10:55:49 AM »
No more postings today
RIP Shaun Chamberlain!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 12:25:09 PM »
Anyway, what is the win % for the new man on the sideline? Even the fitness coach is getting a better win ratio than Pinky and Perky @ Grimsby.  ;D
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
There's no getting away from the fact we were poor for large parts of the game.Our passing and ball retention was poor and yet again the two central midfielders were often out numbered and overrun at times.We did improve in the second half,particularly when Ben Fairclough and Jordan Burrow replaced the ineffectual Mulready and Newsham,but it's clear there is still more wrong than right with this team at the moment.I'm sure Jase & Canners will be pleased with the result but not the performance.They say it's the sign of a good team if you can win when playing poorly,but in our case i think that would be papering over the cracks.All i can say is apart from Stalybridge,Hyde,Guiseley and (sad to say)Gainsborough,it's a good job the league appears to be full of poor teams this season.