Author Topic: Another 3 points but.....  (Read 15131 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another 3 points but.....
« on: October 22, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »
Great 3 points today but what a poor performance! The best team lost! An ex Swineshead institute player got MOM (fully deserved)!Seaguls made more noise than the crowd!
We could even make the play offs in this crap league!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:26:08 PM by kingofnaves »

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points but.....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
You tease! Shudup  :)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

shinnster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:47 PM »
Referee didnt help,worst this season

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »
King...
Stop at home next time ill get 12 fans to do a wip round and donate 12 to the club. Maybe you should get a new arm chair and stay at home watching prem footy mate as its becomming clear you expect teams at this level to have 100% pass rates etc.

The only thing i do agree on is stainfeild MOM Was fully deserved.

As for the game..........Well its BSN    Yes Kingofnaves its BSN not the prem.

As for the noise, i didnt see you chanting in the town end.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
First half we were poor, but the last 10 minutes of it, we started to get at them.

Second half trundled along, and they didn't look too dangerous.

Two crosses for the goal were both good - one driven in from the goalline by Semplr, and the other floated in.

Armstrong was anonymous, as was Newsham. Mulready ran his bollocks off, but never threatened. Semple's finally getting there, but need some improvements at the back.

If J Fairclough can't get in the team at right back ahead of a midfielder, get rid. White and Ward should still be first choice at the back, with Canners and Jelleyman - Stanfield has come in and done really well in some games, but has had a couple of shockers, as well. Austin isn't the rock he was last season.

But we're back on track... Bring on the Welshmen
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
I didn't hear the Town End until we were 2-1 up so I suggest you get off your high horse........you set yourselves up as some kind of superfans but the silence was deafening today......in fact the whole atmosphere today was non existent. Given the numbers up there today and the costs involved in opening that end if I were DN and his directors I'd seriously consider shutting it and sticking the fans in other parts of the ground......It must cost several hundred quid to steward each game, money that could well be spent elsewhere.

And how many came from Workington today? 15?20? Why ever we need to segregate and incur the costs that pointless exercise racks up is beyond me........very few other clubs do it and as people are always at pains to point out we're always looking to save money........close the Town End and end the segregation.......it would save a fortune.

Well done to all today, Jason Lee proved yet again he's maybe not much of a manager but he's a 1st class target man.......and Nathan Stainfield take a bow! He was fecked for the last 20 minutes but he looked a decent fit today. Not a great game and ruined by some bizarre decisions but Workington are the type of team we'd have lost to 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:20:53 PM »
Several hunded quid on stewards in one stand? Where do you get that figure from?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:34 PM »
Isn't the reason we have to have segregation because we have football league grading still?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
NF. I dont class myself as a super fan at all. Infact the past few games i have moved down the town end away from what people would class as the superfans. My bark is about the many Fans that dig the town end when im sorry but i dont hear it from anywhere else regardless of them chanting or not.

Oh and by the way althou agreed it does cost for that part of the ground to be open the cost is not in stewards. i know most of them and they are take no money.

Segrigation is not the clubs choice its the class of the ground, Sponser a game or two and you will find out.

As for your last part about lee and stainfeild agree 100%
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:27:46 PM by Bostonshire »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
A good three points after a very poor first half. Yes young Nathan was easily MOM so why say he has had some shockers? to take the gloss of a performance where he gave everything, I would rather say he improves with every game.
I thought at the end of the game we had with the exception of Anderson and big Kevin perhaps our best eleven on the pitch and no I am not being hypocritical as when asked by Scott Dalton on Radio Lincs if he was satisfied with his performance he replied " It was my worst ever"

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:18:53 PM »
On a nice sunny afternoon I would have thought KONs best option was to stay at home and sit in his hot tub listening to the seagulls

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
Several hunded quid on stewards in one stand? Where do you get that figure from?

Whats a steward get a game? £40? £50? 5 or 6 on the Town End and 2 or 3 on the away section.......thats a couple of players wages in my book.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 07:56:07 PM »

Whats a steward get a game? £40? £50? 5 or 6 on the Town End and 2 or 3 on the away section.......thats a couple of players wages in my book.

Really, I thought there was 2 at most and wouldn't they just move to the Spayne Road with the couple of hundred fans?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 08:34:51 PM »
Let's stop the payment to the stewards! I'm sure there are plenty of happy clappers who would be prepared to work for nothing.Even Ian Freeman might volunteer!
OXO who's Anderson?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 09:21:38 PM »
Armstrong was anonymous, as was Newsham. Mulready ran his bollocks off, but never threatened. Semple's finally getting there, but need some improvements at the back.

Can't agree about Armstrong - I thought he did well, though clearly not fully match fit.  We sort of played 4-1-3-2 with Armstrong in the 'quarterback role in front of the back four.  For the (brief) spells when we controlled the game, everything went through Armstrong - hopefully a sign of things to come.

It was a poor game but a good result in a really attritional match.  By the end, we had lost Canners to injury, Stainfield playing on one leg with a knock on the head as well, Bazza limping, Armstrong and Lee not really fit enough to play 90 mins. 

Other positives - Semple was better, but still switches off too often when he doesn't have the ball, Jelleyman looked back to decent form, Stainfield deserved MOM, another winning goal for Burrow.  Wilkinson showed good character to come back from a nightmare first half and made the winning goal with a good pass then a good cross.

Improvements are needed at the back, but we have 4 centre backs injured who would be in the team ahead of Stainfield and Austin.  Just hope someone is fit enough to play alongside Austin next week!