Author Topic: O/T the forthcoming protest march  (Read 5979 times)

amberarmy

• View Profile
O/T the forthcoming protest march
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:17 PM »
hi all

just wondered what your opinion of the forthcoming protest march is

please don't turn this thread into a racist chant - i'm simply wondering about what you think may happen as a result of the march regards to local business and property not to mention the welfare of the boston population

FWIW i hope the protest doesn't take place as i can see it being hijacked by facist groups like the BNP and NF which will distract from any goodwill intentions that may be meant from the march

there is talk of many local businesses considering boarding up and people leaving town for the day - is this really what we want for our beloved town?

i don't want you to post comments regarding which side of the fence you're on here........just thoughts about what you think may happen or alternative suggestions that the protesters may be able to voice their concerns without leaving the whole of the boston community on edge

my suggestion would be to invite representatives from many sides of the table (ie:- protest organisers/local employers/police/health officials/councillors/foriegn nationals and our local MP) to come together in a public forum to allow any concerns to be discussed in a calm safe mature way
if the protesters then feel the need to express themselves further then organise a peaceful protest outside Parliament in London

holding it in town,whether it be in the park or in the precinct,is only likely to stir tensions between the two communities which experience suggests would just lead to more violence,hatred and segregation

thoughts?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T the forthcoming protest march
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 05:37:42 AM »
Police should ban it!how much is it costing to police?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 08:06:41 AM »
the only facists that have hijacked it are the thugs of the UAF. Cannot work out why the police have allowed them to march on the same day.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
Very well stated views amberamy hpefully shared by all true Bostonians .    But why would you expect our MP to have time to spend on important local issues ?   

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
what may happen will be down to who turns up and how its policed. if thugs turn up wanting a riot then the police should go in very heavy handed and batter the culprits involved in any trouble. if its a peacful protest then the police should stand back and observe.

as for finding another solution for the voiceing the protesters concerns; maybe changing EU rules on imigration would be a solution by taking their protest to brussels. up and till that changes, imigrants have every right to be in our country working just as much as we can go to theirs to work.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »
 Think you are missing the point of the protest, nobody has stated that the immigration should be stopped full stop, I agree a limited number of immigrants are beneficial to the local economy, it is the thousands that have flooded the town putting a huge resource on the local infrastructure that is the problem, they can't all be working, there just isn't that amount of jobs available.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
While i agree the march is of good intentions i also agree that with several thousends now expected to turn out its going to be a pot on boil that will take one mouthy person or a group of BN and it will turn into a full scale riot. The police cant stop this unless they receive info that there is or possibly going to be trouble in wich they have no info to this as of yet

RamMalc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
there was a "march" by the EDL or other some such wanabee fascists in Bradford last week or week before , on tv news showed all of about 30 turned up on a rainy day , can but hope the English weather does its best again.

Without the publicity of Look North this whole thing would have fizzled out , now it's attracting every crank from around the region and beyond . I mean it's not even like we don't already have enough in Town of our own already  ::)

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »
Think you are missing the point of the protest, nobody has stated that the immigration should be stopped full stop, I agree a limited number of immigrants are beneficial to the local economy, it is the thousands that have flooded the town putting a huge resource on the local infrastructure that is the problem, they can't all be working, there just isn't that amount of jobs available.

so what you are saying is that you want more resources for the foreign population?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:43:22 AM by wayne, york pilgrim »

bronco

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »
according the paper Dean Everrit the organiser of the march as suggested holding the march in the park which seems to be a good idea so everybody can be contolled better,I think he as realised he as invited trouble to our town all i hope is our fears are unjustified

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »
according the paper Dean Everrit the organiser of the march as suggested holding the march in the park which seems to be a good idea so everybody can be contolled better,I think he as realised he as invited trouble to our town all i hope is our fears are unjustified

if he suspects there is a possibility of trouble then he,as the organiser,has the power to call it off

nobody wants to deny him the right to protest if he feels strongly about this but he needs to consider other factors ie:traders and public and decide if there is any other way to address his issues

i still believe a public forum (or perhaps a private one) to discuss any issues is a good starting point before a protest should be considered

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 04:28:31 PM »
Cancelled

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 06:09:44 PM »
Is the pro immigration march still going ahead!

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 06:15:17 PM »
Right decision, after the United Association of Fascists decided to make an appearance it was always going to descend into violence.

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
local radio still says the anti racism protest is going ahead as planned

i hope the organisers of that protest take note of todays events and consider getting onboard with the pending talks

any protest,either for or against the migrant community,is only going to raise tensions and lead to violence and deepen the division that exists