Author Topic: Anyone go to yesterday's debacle?  (Read 9505 times)

Alty Lad

• View Profile
Re: Anyone go to yesterday's debacle?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 01:22:57 PM »
For all you masochists out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lJWCq95ZI

Treat it as a comedy rather than a horror and its just about watchable. (Did I imagine our goal?)

The manager doesnt want goals we concede going on youtube so as not to give any weaknesses away to future opponents, hence only ours go on.

I think you caught us on a very good day yesterday but your players allowed us space to do whatever we wanted.

Your support deserved more I thought.

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 03:15:47 PM »
For all you masochists out there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lJWCq95ZI

Treat it as a comedy rather than a horror and its just about watchable. (Did I imagine our goal?)

The manager doesnt want goals we concede going on youtube so as not to give any weaknesses away to future opponents, hence only ours go on.

I think you caught us on a very good day yesterday but your players allowed us space to do whatever we wanted.

Your support deserved more I thought.

yes our support does deserve more, but decent supporters will also except that things are not always gonna be rosy but will turn up whenever we can.

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
well said wayne an never a truer post.i cant say as i am happy to say the least especially with the mid week cup loss but we are still only 3 points off the play off position.after saying that though i do agree things have to pick up and quickly
"till saturday comes"

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »
Its just we've not had anyone's thoughts from yesterday's game, there were apparently 80 odd away fans so someone must have some thoughts.......LP? WP? Anyone?

C'mon Andy,
 you asked for views from the likes  WP. You've had that, let's hear from you. And what do you think of Ferrets post below or earlier recent positive posts on our predicament by Pete B? Perhaps KON has a response? You two must be out the same pod! Seems to me guys like you and KON ingratiate each other, massage the old ego and spin your own misery.

"Why?

We've had a couple or more of bad results?

We're currently 12th in the table, one win away from a play off spot?

Why should DN make a statement because a few keyboard warriors are trying to grab a lot of virtual attention?  

He is openly approachable before games if you want to to have a chat.  Would you rather we go back to previous "successful"  methods of running the club that brought lightning success with almost the heaviest price afterwards?  Perhaps we need to settle for a rarity in the recent history of BUFC, a season of very little - no title challenges, no relegation battles and importantly, no court or financial battles...except to extract some dosh from Grimsby?"
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 07:30:55 PM by myleftfoot »
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

amberarmy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 08:54:08 PM »
C'mon Andy,
 you asked for views from the likes  WP. You've had that, let's hear from you. And what do you think of Ferrets post below or earlier recent positive posts on our predicament by Pete B? Perhaps KON has a response? You two must be out the same pod! Seems to me guys like you and KON ingratiate each other, massage the old ego and spin your own misery.

i'm not in a position to comment on current issues regarding team or management performances
however i urge caution when disagreeing with noughtforties............i once made that mistake and regretted it (i'm referring to the cheating scot)

have your own opinions by all means but don't be quick to shout noughtyforties down

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 09:09:38 PM »
Its just we've not had anyone's thoughts from yesterday's game, there were apparently 80 odd away fans so someone must have some thoughts.......LP? WP? Anyone?

C'mon Andy,

"Why?

Why should DN make a statement because a few keyboard warriors are trying to grab a lot of virtual attention?  

He is openly approachable before games if you want to to have a chat.  Would you rather we go back to previous "successful"  methods of running the club that brought lightning success with almost the heaviest price afterwards?  Perhaps we need to settle for a rarity in the recent history of BUFC, a season of very little - no title challenges, no relegation battles and importantly, no court or financial battles...except to extract some dosh from Grimsby?"

I think I've got a stalker.......either that or an admirer....... :-\

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
Fitness Coach out! Lee and Canners to continue will do for me until Xmas then let's see where we are in the league!

bb1

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 09:40:12 PM »
Someone forgot to tell the team it was a contact sport .The cleanest football game i have ever seen.If all games were like this Katie Cooper will be out of a job never mind the fitness coach,mud wrestling anyone?

Seenbetter

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 09:56:58 PM »
After watching the video I would ask the following question. Why are the Boston Players apparently not even trying to play ?  They were slow and backing off as Alty attacked. No one seemed interested in tackling. Could it be they are making a point. It's no good folks saying keep supporting the team when there is clearly something very wrong. Two games against Kidsgrove, two leagues lower than us, and yesterdays performance. Perhaps Mr Newton should get the players, excluding the managers, together and ask them whats going on. Perhaps there is an underlying issue. The managers can blame the players but the players never blame the management because they want a job at the end of the day. Maybe I was watching the wrong video---is there a pub side called Boston United.

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »

C'mon Andy,

"Why?

I think I've got a stalker.......either that or an admirer....... :-\

What kind of relationship are you after?
I really want to find someone that can take me as I am, someone that can accept how gorgeous I am. :)  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
I think the biggest problem is none of their goals were very good. Except the last one that was a good finish. But had to much time to pick his spot. Other tham 7 kick offs and a goal did we touch the ball

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
Late to this thread, most of what I would have said has already been mentioned.

Only thing I would add to the above is one reason we need White back is I suspect he constantly organises the defence, tells them where they should be. Austin and Jelleyman aren't as vocal - several times on Saturday we seemed to play Alty forwards onside when they were nearer the goal than the player"marking" them...