Author Topic: We are all in it together  (Read 63734 times)

Bob Lee

We are all in it together
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
On a previous post I stated that DN and NK needed to take the bull by the horns and sort this situation out ASAP.

I, with 99.9% of others that post on here thank the chairman from the bottom of our hearts for what has happened over the last few years.

We are all supporters, and we must all pull together.

It is very hard to motivate yourself to attend a match when the team is struggling, I am probably the worst culprit.  But if the gates plummet we have no chance to address the situation.

I had contact with David Newton pre season concerning an idea I had to aid with finances with the team.

I thought my idea had milage but via email, DN thanked me for my input and went to great length in telling me why it was not possible.

I could see where he was coming from, but thought with a bit of tweeking it could have worked.  My idea is no longer viable but it got me thinking.

What if we all had an input via this forum? what if we bounced some ideas around?

I remember the Pilgrim lottery of the 70's, I am not saying do a lottery, what I am saying is, as anyone got a fundraising idea that would catch the imagination of the Boston public?

In these hard times, has anyone got an easy to run, cheap to enter, big prize offering stonking idea?

It must be something that does not clash with nor hinder the present fundraising schemes.

Can we, who have an idea meet up? Can we organise a meeting with BUSA? Can we have a meet with David Newton to suggest some fundraising ideas?

I am seriously worried about the  revenue we will lose in the coming weeks, and I think we need to take some responsibility about the future of our club.

Just a thought. :)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:25:10 AM by Bob Lee »

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: We are all in it together
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
With you Bob, thinking cap on.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
I reckon the Trust have got a load of cash you know. See if you can track down Melvin Moxon.

DL

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
if the malkinsons still support the club maybe they could lower the rent on the ground. the sooner we get a new stadium the sooner they can develop york street.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
With you all the way but if you involve BUSA I'm out...........after the way they laid down and let Evans dictate to them during his tenure they should be running buses and no more.

Problem is you're just milking the same old pockets all the time, if the club want to raise a bit more money why not speculate to accumulate and get another commercial bod in, even part time. Either that or get Craig out and about a bit more (a company phone wouldn't go a miss here either.......) and cut the programme size and price......I think we can all live without knowing what the reserve team goalie does on his holidays or read 10 year old articles on football programmes. Also with the club having such close ties with Sheffield United's pools office why not ask to go out and about with them for a few days and pick up some idea's.........?

And yes, I can appreciate how hard that commercial job is here after the wreckage left behind by the Fat Scottish Criminal.......it must be a thankless task and its not one I'd want to take on. I know I read what Chris Cook put about all the pack going out and not getting a reply back.......times are hard but a new trick or two picked up from elsewhere could be the catalyst for a new revenue stream.

God that sounds like something Sotnick would say........ :-\

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:05:39 PM by noughtyforties »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »
So that's not "all the way" then?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
Melvin!Forgot about him.Does he still come to the matches?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
With you all the way but if you involve BUSA I'm out...........after the way they laid down and let Evans dictate to them during his tenure they should be running buses and no more.

Perhaps you're better off out then?  I'm not sure why you still carry such an enormous chip on your shoulder with BUSA..........the events of a few years ago were just that....a few years ago, around the time you were praising Evans in your entry on Ken's fan page?  Everyone has moved on except seemingly you.  I would reckon that BUSA currently raises far more money for the club than it ever has done - the Golden Goal alone has pumped more than £10,000 into helping the club, mostly directly, but also indirectly (ensuring buses run when making economics don't make sense etc.). 

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
Great idea!!

I cant remember what club it was that did this, but it was an excellent idea to earn money...

Seeing as alot of fans seem to think they can manage the team alot better than JL and LC, Why not offer them a chance to 'become the manager' of boston united!

Sell tickets to fans and the winner can stand in the home dugout and be the manager (for 10 mins or so without actually making any subs etc ;) )

I myself would definitely enter to win that!

Seemed a great incentive for whatever club did that a year or two back!

Bob Lee

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
Right,

I do not know about the logistics of this idea, but pick the bones out of this.

WBA have the largest lottery syndicate in the country, they raise hundreds of thousands a year for the club and over the years have won hundreds of thousands for themselves.

The principle is this: All members pay £10 a month, this entitles them to 8 draws per month Wed / Sat.

The club take £2 from each member per month out of the £10 for expences.

EG:  500 members in syndicate  = £1000 to club per month.   500 being about 35% of our fan base.

The club also take 10% of all winnings

The numbers will be permed ( just like the pools ) so depending on the number of members, a three  number match could be multiplied many times.  Likewise if you match four numbers you get that multiplied plus the three number matches and so on.

Perhaps Qwerty could work out the combinations?

So the more members, the more combinations, the more chances of winning.

Most of us still play the lottery, so should not be a big burden money wise.

How do we pay?
when do we get paid out?
How do we pick the numbers?
Who will organise the syndicate?

Just an idea

ps thanks to my brother for thinking of this.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:22:02 PM by Bob Lee »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »
In reply to the question is Melvin still around I can tell you that I most definately am and that I support the lads home and away.
DL whoever he is ( strange how some people hide behind a forum name) says the trust can have a lot of money. Let me tell you the trust was initially set up to oppose the Fraudster and his crew from driving our club into oblivion but many just opposed us and supported that lot. Many of you Iam sure remember me asking questions at a forum run by the fraudster and his puppets where I was threatened by them. Did I get any support No I did not most people in attendance including the local media just sat there like dummies.
When David and Neil saved the club the trust or should I say what was left of it threw our wholehearted support behind them and I and I know others who appear on here tried to raise funds to help them.
All the money we had was given to the club in exchange for shares ( £3000 ) The trust is no longer as it came down to to just 3or 4 of us with no interest from anyone else.
Bob raises a good point and was a trust director and if people are interested I would be more than happy to join with him and other enthusiasts to do all we can to help our great Directors to raise funds.
Please stop trying to put pressure on David he does not deserve it put yourselves forward and do possitive things and let us see through Davids 5 year plan to see our club prosper.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 11:13:06 PM »
Cheers for answering Melvin.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »
if the malkinsons still support the club maybe they could lower the rent on the ground. the sooner we get a new stadium the sooner they can develop york street.
The Malkinsons originally wanted to charge the club £250,000 rent which tells you how much they support the club.

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
How about instead of a swear box put a moan box on this site, the club would make a fortune they would make that much money we could even change our colours to black and gold.

(apparently I am dubbed a  happy clapper because I don't happen to agree with some on this site)  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
How about instead of a swear box put a moan box on this site, the club would make a fortune they would make that much money we could even change our colours to black and gold.

(apparently I am dubbed a  happy clapper because I don't happen to agree with some on this site)  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

That's when anyone can find where you stand/sit ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR