Author Topic: We are all in it together  (Read 49859 times)

Bob Lee

We are all in it together
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:28:45 PM »
On a previous post I stated that DN and NK needed to take the bull by the horns and sort this situation out ASAP.

I, with 99.9% of others that post on here thank the chairman from the bottom of our hearts for what has happened over the last few years.

We are all supporters, and we must all pull together.

It is very hard to motivate yourself to attend a match when the team is struggling, I am probably the worst culprit.  But if the gates plummet we have no chance to address the situation.

I had contact with David Newton pre season concerning an idea I had to aid with finances with the team.

I thought my idea had milage but via email, DN thanked me for my input and went to great length in telling me why it was not possible.

I could see where he was coming from, but thought with a bit of tweeking it could have worked.  My idea is no longer viable but it got me thinking.

What if we all had an input via this forum? what if we bounced some ideas around?

I remember the Pilgrim lottery of the 70's, I am not saying do a lottery, what I am saying is, as anyone got a fundraising idea that would catch the imagination of the Boston public?

In these hard times, has anyone got an easy to run, cheap to enter, big prize offering stonking idea?

It must be something that does not clash with nor hinder the present fundraising schemes.

Can we, who have an idea meet up? Can we organise a meeting with BUSA? Can we have a meet with David Newton to suggest some fundraising ideas?

I am seriously worried about the  revenue we will lose in the coming weeks, and I think we need to take some responsibility about the future of our club.

Just a thought. :)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 08:25:10 AM by Bob Lee »

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: We are all in it together
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:32:24 PM »
With you Bob, thinking cap on.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »
I reckon the Trust have got a load of cash you know. See if you can track down Melvin Moxon.

DL

wayne, york pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
if the malkinsons still support the club maybe they could lower the rent on the ground. the sooner we get a new stadium the sooner they can develop york street.

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
With you all the way but if you involve BUSA I'm out...........after the way they laid down and let Evans dictate to them during his tenure they should be running buses and no more.

Problem is you're just milking the same old pockets all the time, if the club want to raise a bit more money why not speculate to accumulate and get another commercial bod in, even part time. Either that or get Craig out and about a bit more (a company phone wouldn't go a miss here either.......) and cut the programme size and price......I think we can all live without knowing what the reserve team goalie does on his holidays or read 10 year old articles on football programmes. Also with the club having such close ties with Sheffield United's pools office why not ask to go out and about with them for a few days and pick up some idea's.........?

And yes, I can appreciate how hard that commercial job is here after the wreckage left behind by the Fat Scottish Criminal.......it must be a thankless task and its not one I'd want to take on. I know I read what Chris Cook put about all the pack going out and not getting a reply back.......times are hard but a new trick or two picked up from elsewhere could be the catalyst for a new revenue stream.

God that sounds like something Sotnick would say........ :-\

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:05:39 PM by noughtyforties »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »
So that's not "all the way" then?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »
Melvin!Forgot about him.Does he still come to the matches?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:02:27 PM »
Great idea!!

I cant remember what club it was that did this, but it was an excellent idea to earn money...

Seeing as alot of fans seem to think they can manage the team alot better than JL and LC, Why not offer them a chance to 'become the manager' of boston united!

Sell tickets to fans and the winner can stand in the home dugout and be the manager (for 10 mins or so without actually making any subs etc ;) )

I myself would definitely enter to win that!

Seemed a great incentive for whatever club did that a year or two back!

Bob Lee

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:22:02 PM by Bob Lee »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 11:13:06 PM »
Cheers for answering Melvin.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 11:53:14 AM »

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
How about instead of a swear box put a moan box on this site, the club would make a fortune they would make that much money we could even change our colours to black and gold.

(apparently I am dubbed a  happy clapper because I don't happen to agree with some on this site)  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
IT IS BETTER TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED
AND LET PEOPLE THINK YOU ARE A FOOL
THAN TO OPEN IT AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
How about instead of a swear box put a moan box on this site, the club would make a fortune they would make that much money we could even change our colours to black and gold.

(apparently I am dubbed a  happy clapper because I don't happen to agree with some on this site)  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

That's when anyone can find where you stand/sit ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR