Author Topic: statement from the chairman  (Read 15159 times)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
statement from the chairman
« on: October 09, 2011, 10:53:49 AM »
we need one urgently. things he needs to address--

1 why did he appoint the managers in the first place?
2 does he still have confidence in them

let me help him to think about the answers--

1 Sorry David it was a cheap option
2 admit you made a mistake
3 you asked for experience, you got nothing
4 no contacts, no motivation, very little ideas

The attendance will plummet, there must be better options
At least half of the current team in my view are not good enough

Please act now, there is still time to make something out of this season, but you must act asap otherwise it will be too late. I keep telling everybody to look at the last 12 league fixtures in march/april next year. With this set up they look scary!!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: statement from the chairman
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
1. He doesn't need to do that NOW, he did it at the time of appointment
2. He's hardly going to say no

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:18:42 PM »
Why?

We've had a couple or more of bad results?

We're currently 12th in the table, one win away from a play off spot?

Why should DN make a statement because a few keyboard warriors are trying to grab a lot of virtual attention? 

He is openly approachable before games if you want to to have a chat.  Would you rather we go back to previous "successful"  methods of running the club that brought lightning success with almost the heaviest price afterwards?  Perhaps we need to settle for a rarity in the recent history of BUFC, a season of very little - no title challenges, no relegation battles and importantly, no court or financial battles...except to extract some dosh from Grimsby?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:33:20 PM »
Dispite my anger at the team etc the way you lot go on if i was Newton id say F*** you lot and walk away.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
If you had been Man Und or Lincoln C  chairman dt woodhall Al.ex Ferguson and Graham Taylors careers would never of took of.

PilgrimSam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:45:12 PM »
Really, is this necessary  ???

We aren't even halfway through the season yet and we are calling for a statement from the chairman.

David Newton has done nothing but wonders for this club and he should be treated with respect from everyone involved with this club.

His aim is to get this club back to where it should be (Conf. Prem IMO) and he is halfway there i think.

We are an established Conference North side and i highly doubt relegation is on the cards for us. We don't have the funds to go and piss this league, Despite our successes last season.

I'd say lets focus on getting a new ground sorted and let Newton get some profit from the club before any ambitious attempts to become a 'Big' non-league club again

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »
Statement from DN?

Idiot, fecking idiot thats what you are.

What world do you live in? We're closer to Play-offs than relegation right now so I don't see the big issue. Yes yesterday was very poor but for christ sake.

Moron.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »
Of course a chairman's statement regarding a manager's job being safe, is the death nail for any manager!

Fewer statements the better for managers.

Chairman does not have to issue any statement at the moment. Things aren't going well but its hardly crisis time.

Let's be thankful we are not the green pilgrims -  they wish they had a chairman to pay the wages, never mind issue a statement.

Chelsea

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:25:08 PM »
D T and co please start supporting the team and stop aggitating a delecate situation

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 06:50:39 PM »
Statement from DN?

Idiot, fecking idiot thats what you are.

What world do you live in? We're closer to Play-offs than relegation right now so I don't see the big issue. Yes yesterday was very poor but for christ sake.

Moron.

amen brother...........if some of these "fans" were as quick to support the team as they are to slag it off it wouldn`t be so bad

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 06:59:15 PM »
DT is a frustrated as the rest of us moaner! The performances at home have been crap putting it nicely! DT is one of the most passionate supporters I've seen down York Street.Also I believed he played for the club in the 1960s!

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 07:31:08 PM »
This entire forum is becoming a monotonous, unconstructive bore.

I can't help wondering how successful Chestnut Homes might have been if DN had been able to call upon the "wisdom" contained on here when he was starting out.

My guess is he knows that things aren't right on the field and that if they aren't gates will fall leading to lower budgets, if we can work that out an astute business man like him must have a bit of an inkling.

If anybody was going to sort it out I believe he's the man to so it. Rather than scurrilous ramblings he's one man who's put his money where is mouth is and bailed the club out in it's darkest hour, so while our emotions are running high it's his bank balance that's going to suffer.

For God's sake ease back a bit and get of his back, put your faith in the man at the top who's led us this far to steady the ship and not to stumble at this dip, he will sort it, including the management structure should he deem it necessary, he's never baulked at difficult decisions to date.

Meantime, lets get back to doing the jobs we're required to do at the club. Get off the players backs not one of them is going on the pitch trying to fail but you can see them visibly shrinking at the abuse they receive, little wonder their first thought is to hoof the ball as far away as possible as soon as it comes anywhere near them I'm not saying become a "happy clapper" but the key word is SUPPORTERS.

FOREVER AMBER

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 07:47:37 PM »
Here, here Bostonwoody.

check the grassy knoll and the chips and curry :bunny
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 07:58:38 PM »
Silly . . (and that's coming from me ! )

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »
A question I hope the moaners will give a sensible reply to (doubtful )

What if the chairman makes the following statement ,

I,M OUT .