Author Topic: v Kendal  (Read 22399 times)

woad_pilgrim

Re: v Kendal
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 08:58:01 PM »
2 more here going to Frickley.

Note on today's excellent attendance, beat all other crowds at our level and below including Halifax, all the BSN and BSS crowds and 8 of the BSP crowds with only ex league teams Wrexham, Mansfield, Luton and Oxford getting more so well done to all.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 09:05:04 PM »
great too here you's are going tuesday

maybe not as many as FCUM last week on tuesday, but lets continue the great away backing the team recieved last week

;D

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 09:07:55 PM »
thats 7 or 8 of us going then  :D ;D

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »
Make that double figures there will be three of us

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »
More pics...

No comments on Jamie Clarke's boots yet?!

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 09:34:49 PM »
other than their rather smart

although i pefer kennedy & camm's boots personally  8)

Myleftfoot

• Veteran Member
  • There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight. Keegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 10:21:45 PM »
Well first match, so will give it a bit of time. Hopefully Lord Cutler Beckett won't start the doom and gloom stuff yet!  ;)
“Football is war minus the shooting.” – George Orwell

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
 Well it seems size of the home crowd does'nt exactly guarantee success ..but it would be nice to squeeze out the cash for maybe an attacking midfielder & a tricky- wide man.
    Should Newsham have come off ?
       And did they really have a player called Warren Beattie..!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:57:33 PM by fTed »

Pilgrim21

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 11:20:19 PM »

No comments on Jamie Clarke's boots yet?!

An "adapted" quote from Ripping Yarns: Golden Gordon, springs to mind :

“Boots don't matter! Do you here? Boots are nothing to do with it. I don’t care if they're blue leather boots, or white plastic boots, green synthetic boots, or sky blue boots with elastic supported hand stitched Italian uppers. I don’t care if they’re long boots, or short boots, or three quarter length boots, or initialed boots, or monogrammed boots, or Billy Meredith signed boots, or boots made in Ireland or boots made in Austria or boots made in Timbuk-blo*dy-tu with pink stars on that light up at night. That’s not important, do you hear?
The only thing that matters, is what’s inside them! The machine you’ve got pounding away in there, up and down, up and down, for 90 minutes.”
 ;D

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 12:06:33 AM »
Last set of pics...

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »
Looks like an unhappy management team on the top one Ken.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 08:40:17 AM »
Was i pissadointed with the result today? Well, yes i was, i was hoping for a win on the first home game of the season. Then again i'd say apart from the 10 or so Kendal fans in the york street end everyone in the ground was. They did a job on us yesterday, they came to bully and spoil and they did just that. Mind you there's more to them than that, they were a very decent outfit, played some neat football and i'd say they'll be up there at the end of the season. So on reflection i'm happy with a point, three would of been better but a lot of teams will be turned over by them.  :)

check the grassy knoll.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Seenbetter

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Anyone with a boot fettish would enjoy Pilgrim21s dirty talk about boots. He's right of course about whats inside them that matters. As for the football I supposed disappointed is my word(two S's or one, can never remember). I think we have a very good defence and Woody did well after after last weeks torment of FCUM quick winger. Cannoville strong and assertive, good man to lead the team. Still undecided about Davidson. Does he know he's allowed to jump in the air when trying to head the ball or does he suffer from vertigo if he leaves the ground. Suarez not very quick and was a poor substitute. Man in the fancy dress running the game wouldn't know a foul if it jumped off the grass and bit his arse, poor again. Can't wait to see a man in black who knows what he's doing. Great credit to the lads though because just like last week they were subjected to some hard tackles, were not protected by the fancy dress person, but did not retaliate and no bookings. Still optimistic for the future. Need a little more time to gel but we are heading in the right direction. Love seeing HnS passion for the game.

Pride of Bostonshire

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2009, 09:15:00 AM »
We weren't terrible! Kendal are a good side and will the there or there abouts this season.  I think the one deficiency that came through from this match was the look of firepower up front.  Davidson is RUBBISH!!!!! I have no idea how someone that terrible can almost be a cult hero after two games?! Suarez is not particularly good or strong and he has a shocking first touch.  Newsham could be good but, like Clarke, has had no real opportunity up front.  

Those idiots having a go at players like Clarke or Wood are welcome to not turn up next week.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009, 10:32:55 AM »
Funny you should say that. I sit not to far from the Boston dugout and a bloke who sits behind it was venting his spleen, no doubt about what he thought was a lack of effort. He was really going for it, then one of the managers, i think it was Scott offered him the chance to climb down and take charge!  :D I never saw him go so i'd say he thought better of it. I know things can get frustrating and sometimes we expect far to much from players. My Father once told me this, if the players we have here could pass a ball 60 yards and drop it on someones toe, he'd not be playing in the Unibond league. I think we should all remember that.  ;)

check the grassy knoll
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?