Author Topic: Great expectations.  (Read 4640 times)

Seenbetter

Great expectations.
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »
I like many others I'm sure are really excited and pleased about the managers appointments. They have passion and commitment which is clear for all to see. They want success like all of us at York st. So will the mindless tossers who appear to be giving them a hard time please stay at home on matchdays. After just a couple of games I think we are doing "as well as can be expected" and will get better. Sure, a couple of players aren't doing as well as many expected but they can be moved on if they don't improve.
Keep the faith. Be positive about the future. Time will tell. I for one have already learned not to expect
miracles at this stage but do expect progress just like S and H must do.
Just two minor notes. I think Kennedy will become an assett and if Davidson can get his feet of the ground so will he.

cambocakes

• View Profile
Re: Great expectations.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
i agree.....and at least from what ive seen so far they are a willing bunch, remember they dont give the ball away on purpose.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »
 Good stuff ..and my expectations at  F r ickley are a win ..

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 07:43:15 PM »
Excellent post "seenbetter"!
i was disgusted with some "fans" getting on players/managements back. Absolutely ridiculous.
We havent lost under these guys, in fact theyve only lost a couple of games since their move into management.
Most of the players are very young and dont need abuse from the stands.
Also on Saturday it was very hot out there and was never going to be a fast paced game, along with the Kendal "tactic" of hoof it (or the player)
Did those "fans" behind the dug out apply for the job when it was advertised?
I would imagine not - so what gives the right to moan if they cant do any better?
I really cant believe I'm writing this after the first home game!

rant over -
(and i thought it was a book review posting)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:46:53 PM »
We have two more mid-field options on Tues (Church & Cotton ) and Milly in waiting.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 08:24:10 PM »
I fully agree, i wasnt to dissapointed yesterday as we held one of the best teams in the league and even had the better chances.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:41:38 PM »
Seeingbetter I think you're right about Kennedy, I think what was missing from Saturday was a John Rowan type player bursting into the box from midfield (although Danny Sleath did make a couple of forays). In pre-season this is something Kennedy excelled in and once he gets his chance I believe he'll chip in with a fair few goals.

As for the moaning fans I have had arguments with some in the past for shouting abuse. There are some that only go to the games to moan, I remember the 6 goal drubbings in the FA Cup and lot's of people going out the ground looking miserable like we had lost, presumably because they had nothing to moan about. I hate what they do as what they say for the most part isn't constructive, just sh*t like get X off he's cr*p. They are a minority but a very loud minority and they're not going to change.

Remember going back to when David Noble played for us, the amount of abuse he took during the game (usually for not getting "stuck in") despite being the most talented player I have seen in a Boston shirt is an example of how short sited the moaners are.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »
Remember going back to when David Noble played for us, the amount of abuse he took during the game (usually for not getting "stuck in") despite being the most talented player I have seen in a Boston shirt is an example of how short sited the moaners are.

one of the reasons he left!

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
I like many others I'm sure are really excited and pleased about the managers appointments. They have passion and commitment which is clear for all to see. They want success like all of us at York st. So will the mindless tossers who appear to be giving them a hard time please stay at home on matchdays. After just a couple of games I think we are doing "as well as can be expected" and will get better. Sure, a couple of players aren't doing as well as many expected but they can be moved on if they don't improve.
Keep the faith. Be positive about the future. Time will tell. I for one have already learned not to expect
miracles at this stage but do expect progress just like S and H must do.
Just two minor notes. I think Kennedy will become an assett and if Davidson can get his feet of the ground so will he.

agreed.....