Author Topic: v Kendal  (Read 22652 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Kendal
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:44:13 PM »
How's it going .?
  ( Went to Bury last wk so not a total 'armchair ' supporter ' )

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Kendal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 03:52:54 PM »
Fairly boring at the moment. 0-0 at half time and not many shots on target by either side. A few off target efforts though. Nice and sunny. Should have a pic or two up shortly if the technology works.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:02:10 PM »
A first half pic...

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 05:05:44 PM »
 mm maybe we are not consistently effective up front ..
  Don' t think  Mikel S esp has ' the touch '  and looks a little lightweight.
    Unless he was better today . 

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
4-5-1 didnt work today but kendal were very resiliant and but for their keeper making at least 3 great saves we would have sneaked a win.neither davison or suarez at this time look much of a threat.

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
1512, an excellent attendance today

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »
 Yes excellent att .. but we are below last yrs form  on team-team.. which was awaywin/homewin ?

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »
Never quite got it  going consistantly today.Perhaps expectations(for some) were too high after pre-season and a good result against FCUM.Lets give some credit to Kendal,who were well organised and resiliant.We still could have won it but for a couple of excellent saves from their keeper.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:15:47 PM »
In truth this game was always gonna be poor, to decent teams in the middles going head to head, just really spent all game canceling each other out. Althou if it wasnt for there keeper we would have had a couple. just a point i did feel we played to narrow but if you had said we would have got 4 pts out of 6 in games against kendall and fcum i dont think to many teams would have

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 06:20:17 PM »
A few more pics before I head off for the train back to Leeds...

scottbufc

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 06:23:51 PM »
I thought we played quite poorly today. There keeper did make 3/4 great saves which maybe stopped us winning but the amount of long balls and misplaced passes was just to high. We must improve or we wont be finishing in the top 6.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »
One word sums it up for me :-

DISAPPOINTED

Bostons Arab Buyer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
I think that we lacked urgency throughout the team. from the goalkeeper onwards, the play was to slow to cause Kendal any problems. I thought that the game was an even affair, with the ref having a shocker! No players really stood out for me.

scottbufc - i think it is to early to say that need to improve to finish in the top 6. Although it is your opinion, 2 games out of 40+ games can't really justify this

LeeChase

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
1512, an excellent attendance today

Doh predicted 3-1. What are the chances of me getting an exact attendance again?
Touched by his noodly appendage.

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 06:46:01 PM »
It's important to remember this team is completely new, Kendal are a settled side who did well last year. It will take a few games of competative football to understand how we will get on. I think plenty need a dose of reality. Listening to people today made me laugh and frustrated at the same time.
Comments like, get off Clarke we would be better with 10 men are both unfair and unhelpful, and shouting out 'your useless' is really motivational for the second game of the season.
There are still too many who think we should win every game easily, and that is a bit disrespectful to the opposition.
Kendal will do well this year, we have a tough few games to open with, let's save judgement until we play the percieved weaker teams.