Author Topic: do you think we need a fitness coach  (Read 13633 times)

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
do you think we need a fitness coach
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »
Here is an idea to chat  about
Do you think Boston Utd needs a fitness coach
I have seen Boston Utd this season and im not convinced that a fitness coach helps in the games ive seen this season,for me its the will to win the ball and stick the chances away that is lacking

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: do you think we need a fitness coach
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:28:59 PM »
I think we,ve done a thread on this before and the general answer was an emphatic NO.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
Where are you kon???? kon where are you????????? kon kon ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »
I have seen Boston Utd this season and im not convinced that a fitness coach helps in the games ive seen this season,for me its the will to win the ball and stick the chances away that is lacking

If fitness is something that is NOT lacking, then I'd have thought that suggests the fitness coach is doing a decent job.

It's also been pointed out on here before that the guy does not cost the club anything.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »

If fitness is something that is NOT lacking, then I'd have thought that suggests the fitness coach is doing a decent job.

It's also been pointed out on here before that the guy does not cost the club anything.

I'd argue we've been off the pace and lacking energy recently.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:51 PM »
For gods sake Adam!he's a waste of space on the bus! How long does this bloke need to get the players fit? In all my years supporting united I've never seen a fitness coach before! If Lee or Canners can't see if a player is fit then they should go to Specsavers!Fitness coaches are for professional clubs not bloody northern premier standard! Adam are you related to LC,JL or fitness coach?
Question for Cookie in the years he played football did he have a fitness coach watching over him for 90 minutes?
Get in the real world Adam this is a little non league team not Manchester United!
Evening Tash!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »
For gods sake Adam!he's a waste of space on the bus! How long does this bloke need to get the players fit? In all my years supporting united I've never seen a fitness coach before! If Lee or Canners can't see if a player is fit then they should go to Specsavers!Fitness coaches are for professional clubs not bloody northern premier standard! Adam are you related to LC,JL or fitness coach?
Question for Cookie in the years he played football did he have a fitness coach watching over him for 90 minutes?
Get in the real world Adam this is a little non league team not Manchester United!
Evening Tash!

Evening matey and yes I think you are spot on.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 06:42:43 PM »
Thanks Tash! Nice to see somebody agreeing with me! Tash I don't know you personally but I've logically ruled you are not either the female bus driver or BUSA press officer!

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:14:30 PM »
Thanks Tash! Nice to see somebody agreeing with me! Tash I don't know you personally but I've logically ruled you are not either the female bus driver or BUSA press officer!

Mr Noughtyforty will be able to reveal my identity to you ;)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Seenbetter

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 09:55:24 PM »
Got to agree with KoN and Tash. Why do we need him. Surely he doesn,t follow the players around every minute of the week to see if they are doing their push ups. During training sessions we have two managers, perhaps one of them could become a fitness coach. And what good is it having him in the dug out at games, I haven't yet heared him shout at any player "hit the dirt and give me 10". Nothing personal mate but we haven't had a fitness coach for years so why do we need one now. Now, if we were to employ a 'how to shoot at a goal and be on target coach' I'd be up for that because thats what we really do need.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
Katie the pyshio! I'm sure she is or was a fitness coach at Fitness First!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 07:25:41 PM by kingofnaves »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
whats his name any way?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:43:54 PM »
whats his name any way?

For a start I think this pretty much sums up how well informed your comments are. But anyway...

Evening Tash!

Fitness is something that needs to be maintained/worked on over an entire season.

Football moves on and gets more professional at all levels. Whether we had one in the 70s is completely irrelevant: we didn't have a Craig Singleton up until a few years ago, and only a mentalist would fail to see the benefits he brings to the club.

Frankly, I don't think any of you have a clue what you're on about. How can having someone qualified in the field offering his services for free be a bad thing? Has anyone entertained the idea that he potentially knows more about this kind of thing than people on here? We've definitely taken more points than we've lost from late goals so far this season.

Why is he present on matchdays? I don't know, to lead warm ups, monitor players in matches, take the cool down/recovery sessions perhaps?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:26:49 PM by Adam Hildred »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 07:54:39 PM »
Adam can you name a fitness coach in our league or below?we are a non league club not Manchester City!if we lose 10 nil on Saturday I guess you will say we deserved a draw! Credit for sticking up for the managers but their must be a point when you will agree with majority about the Fitness Coach!

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »
I'd guess they're fairly uncommon, but then according to many we are the Manchester City of non league.

Anyway, I personally don't object to us having a competitive advantage in this (or any other) are over the other clubs.