Author Topic: SPAIN LANE  (Read 6623 times)

cambocakes

• View Profile
SPAIN LANE
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:55 PM »
For a change instead i thought i would stand in Spain Lane and save myself couple quid.Ive been to alot of footie matches in my time especially in the 80s when football grounds where battlefields,and im talking on the terraces not on the pitch.North London derbies,North east derbies and been witness to a few Eng v Scot home internationals at the ole Wembley.Seen matches in Belgium,Germany and Holland etc and im quite sure thereare those who ave been to more tastier fixtures....my point is....Ive never witnessed such foul disgusting individuals who bereated everything inc our home players.Poor game today i agree,frustrating too but there is no need to use the WORST LANGUAGE as you can imagine.It was embarassing and toe curling....i was stood on halfway line with my 13 yr old lad and a mate.I kept turning round to try to identify these individuals.Two where stood backs to the wall one in blue check style shirt other in red,and these guys must have been in their 60s..effing at Semple to go back to Gainsboro,shouting at Hall...calling lino..t...t...using c word regularly.A full 90 minutes of this and i would imagine they will be there week in week out with their giggly/chuckling entourage.....forget the game forget the result....if this is support....IM OUT......GOD YOUR GRANDKIDS MUST BE PROUD!!!!!!!

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: SPAIN LANE
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
Cambo, there is no excuse for swearing like that, especially not at football matches. Did you report them to the stewards ?

DL

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 09:12:01 PM »
Theres a 1000 and one things i suppose i could of done but in this world we live in,things aint that simple and im not 100 per cent certain i ave right individuals....however there are people on here who know who they are,probably their mates...but why o why do others around them consider it the norm.Im a 51yr old man and im rocked to the core with this....please dont question what actions i may or may not have done cos its obvious this has been a regular theme for a while, and gone unchallanged or reported by regulars down Spain Lane.Soz but i aint got the answer to it...........

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »
Lucky me I never went! But I bet I know who they were!Forget the stewards! You would be better off talking to the goal posts!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 11:26:19 PM »
I no who u mean and nobody around them likes them. Alot of people used to stand there, but have now moved along. The people in front of them was telling them to shut up aswell. So your not alone in getting fed up with them. The odd swear word u can forgive but them 2 just never stop all game

stevie

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
I don't get over from Norfolk as often as I would like, but for the last 40 odd years I have stood on the half-way line and the swearing is getting worse - but then the F word is sadly becoming more common in everyday language. To me it just shows a lack of education.

cambocakes

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
Therefore i make this plea....if any club representative reads this particular post could they at the next game request a policeman halfway down Spain Lane.Not a steward please, i do presume there is some kind of police presence at most home games.Lets get this dealt with cos i can assure  you any new support or guests within earshot of these people will not be impressed.Ive slept on this and i still feel very immotive and angry.Across from the stand at my next home game im hoping this request will be implemented....and with this hardworking board in place i know i wont be disappointed, Dave,Neil and Chris...thank you...if you wish for my details PM me..no probs.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »
Obscene language. The first resort of the mentally challenged. But as has been said, it seems to be the norm these days. We're warned on TV of "strong language" when what they really mean is gratuitous foul mouthing for the sake of it.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
Maybe a start could be made by an appeal over the P A  at intervals pre-match at at half-time requesting these people show some decentcy and refrain from swearing , although with these people showing no respect for women and kids within ear shot it is likely the  appeal would be ignored.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 07:44:05 AM »
Sorry but WTF? This is football. It's where people go to relieve the stresses of the working week. Shouting, singing and swearing has been part of the terrace culture since the game began. Next you'll be trying to ban pies at half-time...

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
To a point LPRA.  I'd say a yell of 'oh ffs ref' is within normal quarters but some of the clearly pointless screaming of genuinely disgusting stuff cannot be allowed to become the norm.  At our ground or any other.

Likewise with another post in this thread, what about getting a copper within ear shot?  Might calm it at the very least.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »
It's like cake, a little bit of cake is nice.  But if all you have is cake you become sick of it.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BosstickPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
I used to stand in Spain Lane but now sit in main stand due to the language

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 08:36:48 PM »
My Amigo's, where is this Spain Lane you speak of?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »
You can't see the pitch from Spain Lane. The Spayne Road terrace, maybe...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/