Author Topic: today  (Read 9760 times)

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: today
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
Don't bank on it, LCB - I thought the same after the Quorn game a couple of years ago.  I think they'll keep it just as tight and rely on set pieces - we gave away far too many corners yesterday and it only takes one good delivery or a nudge on a defender that the ref doesn't see, then we're chasing the game.
My hope is that their players will feel the effects of that game more than ours and be tired on Tuesday - they had a few 'stocky' players, especially up front.

Seenbetter

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 02:36:36 PM »
I was going to put here my thoughts on todays game but then I remembered what someone once said to me "if you have nothing good to say then dont say anything"

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 07:22:25 PM »
The thug who sent off yesterday is their top scorer, does anyone know if he will be suspended on Tuesday?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
No, he'll be playing.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pride of Lincolnshire

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 08:47:47 PM »
No, he'll be playing.

Had he of been sent of in a league game, he'd miss the next immediate game right ? So why not in the F.A cup, seems odd to apply punishments differently in cup games. Do you know why this is so ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
I think straight reds are immediate now, but 2 yellows isn't? Not sure, to be honest! Might have changed
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 10:44:11 AM »
Tuesday, September 24, 2002

FIFA introduce immediate 1-game ban for red card
By Mike Collett

ZURICH, Sept 24 (Reuters) - FIFA enforced a major rule change on the game on Tuesday when it announced that any player sent off must serve an immediate one-match suspension in the same competition with no right of appeal.

FIFA will be contacting each of their 204 member associations immediately and the new rule is expected to come into effect next month, possibly as soon as October 1. It is a worldwide ruling with no exceptions.

The only way the player can escape an automatic one-match ban is if the referee later admits a case of mistaken identity or concedes he made the wrong decision. The immediate ban applies for both a straight red card or a dismissal for two bookings.

The one-match ban will also have no impact on any subsequent ban applied for the offence. Each domestic association, however, can apply their own ruling in their own way by, for example, reducing a current three-match ban for a professional foul to a two-match ban.

Appeals can still continue as before, but only after the initial one-match ban has been served.

FIFA's executive committee have acted swiftly following a case in the Swiss League when Grasshoppers goalkeeper Fabrice Borer was sent off after an incident with Basel striker Herve Tum.

Although he was due to serve an immediate ban according to the rules in Switzerland, the referee's decision was subsequently annulled by the sole disciplinary commissioner of the Swiss League and Borer played in the next match.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter said: 'From now on any player who is sent off will automatically miss the next match in the same competition.

'The only exception is if the referee admits a case of mistaken identity or says he made the wrong decision or an honest mistake.

'We have to protect the authority of the referee which is the foundation stone of the game. If people start casting doubts on the referee they start casting doubts on football.'

'The decision has no space for speculation. The player has to serve his one-match suspension immediately unless the wrong player has been sent off.'

'If a player commits a foul and is sent off, no scientific, whether cameras or other, shall change this decision.'

FIFA's decision is not a law change -- the laws of the game can only be changed by the annual meeting of the International Board -- but they represent a fundamental change to FIFA's rules.

DIFFERENT RULES

Different rules have always applied in different countries.

In England suspensions have usually started two or three weeks after an offence and often after a due process of appeal.

In Italy, players have traditionally missed the next match in the same competition.

FIFA spokesman Markus Siegler confirmed: 'The suspension will only apply in the same competition as the one in which the offence took place.'

'If he is sent off in the Champions League he will not miss the next domestic league game -- but there will be no exceptions to this rule.'

There have been two examples in England within the last year which would have fallen under the new rules......

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=974627#post974627

All as clear as mud to me

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 12:50:22 PM »
I've read elsewhere that he'll be available.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
In the Football League/Premier League, a red card means an immediate ban.  In non-league, we still seem to be using the old rules so that it kicks in a couple of weeks later. 

So someone could get sent off the in the play off semi-final and still be able to play in the final the following week.

Seenbetter

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 11:14:20 PM »
If thats the case it just shows what the fa think about non league footy, it's just a nuisance but a convenient place to give crap officials a run out

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
Or maybe it's because there are a lot more matches in non league, and it gives them time to sort them out properly?

Burton Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 05:19:59 PM »
I'd guess it's to give time for match reports to filter through to the FA from all levels (thinking about Armstrong potentially playing for us and Quorn, Joachim playing for Magnet as well as his usual team, etc).

Maybe also to allow teams time to find replacement players if they're operating with a small squad - if your keeper got sent off on Saturday and you had another game Tuesday you might not have a second keeper in your squad, so at least the way it works gives you a reasonable time to find a replacement.