Author Topic: You couldn't make it up!  (Read 8356 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
You couldn't make it up!
« on: October 01, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
Today we went to the game and did our best to support the team throughout what can can only be described as difficult circumstances.  The team desperately needed all the encouragement going and we wanted to show the players we were there for them.  In addition to vocal support we draped a couple of official BUFC scarves on the hoarding in front us.  You can only imagine my utter disbelief when an "official" told us to remove them from the hoarding as they were obscuring some expensive advertising.  Now I don't know how much Mark Simmons pays for his advert, but he is a reasonable man and I'm sure he would have agreed the occasion warranted a small intrusion onto his space.  In fact I would suggest that the scarves were drawing attention to, rather that distracting from the advertisement, in much the same way that a woman can look more alluring with a little cover than completely naked.  Needless to say we removed the offending items but the downer this "official" had on us was hard to take.

This is not my first encounter with this "official" but he will not put me off giving my fullest support to Boston United.
United we stand..................

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
Re: You couldn't make it up!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
Yeah, me and KoN suffered the same approach when we draped his 'EVANS OUT' banner over some hoarding a few years ago.......... :D

Sympathies mate but people do pay a lot for those boards.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
Mr Simmonds would maybe be pleased if his email address and telephone number were blocked out.    In a letter I recently received from him he claimed that 350 emails and 100 letters were received each day .   When phoning be prepared for a rude response if a female takes the call.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
Mr Simmonds would maybe be pleased if his email address and telephone number were blocked out.    In a letter I recently received from him he claimed that 350 emails and 100 letters were received each day .   When phoning be prepared for a rude response if a female takes the call.

I emailed him recently but he always replies by post. He was so pleased with his answer, he sent me it twice, on very expensive House of Commons' paper and envelopes.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:17:30 PM »
He sent me a letter saying in response to my complaint a reply from The Rt Hon Chris Grayling MP was enclosed .    Sadly he failed to enclose it with the letter and I to contact him to get a copy sent. 
 Wonder if someone else received a copy of this letter containing confidential information ?

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 05:44:27 PM »
I agree with the original post.

Why don't we cover up all the sponsors' boards with our banners etc. I'm sure our admission price is higher than the pittance these companies pay.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:06:01 PM »

I blame that particular advertising hoarding for our poor home form during the opening weeks of this season. All too often our strikers got themselves into shooting positions, but were then distracted by Simmonds' advert a few yards wide of the goal. And with the way his party are running the country into the ground at the moment, who can blame our strikers for taking pot shots at his face instead of aiming for the goal net?

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »
You can't blame Simmonds - from what I can see, he's taking no active part in the government.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 07:45:40 PM »
With a safe seat threenil I suppose its easy to get complacent ,  with three years plus to the next election he can put his feet up and relax.
As a life-time Tory voter I think he should be de-selected and a new candidate brought in.     otherwise no tory vote from me .

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
He trots out all the Tory tripe, verbatim. He doesn't seem to have an opinion of his own. He justs copies from party handouts.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »
And when he trots out his own tripe it is even worse than the party handouts .
On Look North earlier this year he claimed it "would be easy to avoid pylons "  along the Lincs coast  "by putting cables underground "
He forgot to tell us taxpayers laying 33 kv cables underground cost 10 times more than going overhead .
He also failed to explain that farmers would have large areas of land disrupted.

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:55:05 PM »
Just think of all that cable to be stolen, must have shares in a cable makers or scrap yard.

threenil

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 11:29:01 PM »
Oh well, at least he's a local lad...

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »
is this a football website or a party political one?
we get enough crap as it is

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »
is this a football website or a party political one?
we get enough crap as it is

Agreed this has gone 'off-piste', but you could instead have responded to my post!
United we stand..................