Author Topic: Suarez....................  (Read 7132 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Suarez....................
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:52 AM »
gone.

Really struggled IMO this time around.

Good luck Mikel, hope you get fixed up somewhere.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Suarez....................
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »
Feel sorry for him correct move though imo!!

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
He struggled with fitness whilst he was with us at the end of last season. Shame really as he seemed a decent lad. Good luck to him

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 10:02:35 AM »
I think he's really struggled this time around and has never really looked like the answer to our goal scoring problems.Good luck to him for the future.Does this mean there's room for another one in?

truffleshuffle

• Everyday I'm truffling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
He struggled with fitness whilst he was with us at the end of last season. Shame really as he seemed a decent lad. Good luck to him

Just out of interest how's DD getting on up there?

Seenbetter

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:11:14 AM »
I wonder how many of the starting line up will still be with us at the end of the season. I know N40s gets some stick for being outspoken but sometimes you have to agree with some of his posts, especially about player selections prior to the season starting. It does make you wonder if some of the starters were chosen because they were 1 Cheap  2 Only ones available  3 Error of judgement by managers.
At least some of the replacements seem to be better quality. Lessons learned I hope.

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
Just out of interest how's DD getting on up there?

Only just getting back to fitness after picking up an injury pre-season. He made his debut 2 weeks ago coming on as a sub' late in the FA Cup game at Ferriby. He's also come on for the last few minutes in the last 2 games. Probably had about 20 minutes playing time in total in those 3 games.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »
Indeed. You can knock them for squad assembly prior to the season starting. It has proven to be as some of us feared: that there were too many players who weren't good enough.

However, credit where it's due. The management are trying to atone for those errors by shipping out those players and bringing in replacements.

Hopefully their eye for a player has improved over the last few weeks!

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 12:06:03 PM »
Many thanks for your efforts and all the very best for the future Mickel.

If it's any consolation my daughter will be devestated you've gone

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 01:08:05 PM »
This sort of movement happens with every new squad/manager. There was no way of knowing what who would make the grade. Who would have predicted Ward being a first name on the team sheet. Or that Semple would struggle for form.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

LPRA

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »
There was no way of knowing what who would make the grade.

Really? I seem to remember quite a few on here saying Joachim, Stones and Suarez couldn't score in a brothel. It was fairly obvious imo. Shame our managers couldn't see it!

BUT, as I said, they have now. So fair play to them for admitting they cocked up and taking steps to rectify it.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 05:29:40 PM »
Oh The Boy Suarez is probably an athlete . .  but has little in the way of  footballing 'nous' .
  Better suited to the high-jump or pole vault  me  thinks .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

Good luck Miguel, thanks for the effort you put in when you were picked for the team, If only you could have played and dominated centrebacks, like you did in the preseason friendly against Lincoln City, The way you played that day I really thought you would score and make plenty of goals for BUFC, I don't suppose the hoof-ball system our managers employ as helped you, we shall have to see how our new signings adapt to the hoof-ball game.

Previous posters on the Pilgrims Patter have said  when the gates keep going down, thats when the managers and chairmen will wake up,  they now have changed things around, but is it to late,  ( I hope not, )  once fans decide they will not go and support a team, it takes a lot of good  performances from the team and management, to get those 350 missing fans to return to York Street.

Football clubs in general have got to realise they cannot keep increasing prices every season, and still expect fans to support them,the football clubs themselves say they are hardup, well the paying public are also hardup, in todays climate football is not a priority in family budgets, paying the bills is.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »
Not too disappointed he's gone however I do think he is better than Stones

Swampy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
Good luck Mikel! Dissapointed that you didn't get to show us what you can do. Twice the player as Stones but never given a chance!