Author Topic: Youth team  (Read 3255 times)

John C

• View Profile
Youth team
« on: September 23, 2011, 07:40:37 AM »
Just to say I've not seen them before but last night at Mickleover they looked pretty impressive. Admittedly the opposition wasn't the strongest but they scored a couple of very good goals. And I like the way they tend to pass out of trouble rather than hoofing it forward.

Well done to all concerned.

shinnster

• View Profile
Re: Youth team
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
These youth players are so good its a wonder they aint been snapped up by big clubs already.I was down burgiss pit playing football with my old boys and a couple of the under 16s were there just knocking a ball about,and asked if we fancied a game so yip ok then,it was five a side and took me a week to recover they had so much skill and took the p@@@ really but hey this is bufcs future players good stuff.
 :-\ :-\

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
Just to say I've not seen them before but last night at Mickleover they looked pretty impressive. Admittedly the opposition wasn't the strongest but they scored a couple of very good goals. And I like the way they tend to pass out of trouble rather than hoofing it forward.

Well done to all concerned.

Was incredibly impressed with that side last night. As Johnny says, the opposition were very limited, but even so Boston are a very well-drilled and well-coached side, comfortable on the ball, very good at keeping possession and winning it back when lost. More than anything the passing style of football was great to see and it was great to hear Steve Welsh on the touchline encouraging it. Even the long balls were more often than not delivered into useful space or to the feet of the target, which is more than can be said of most footballers I've seen recently (and I include Forest in that!).

The right back, #2 (no idea what his name is) and Jordan Nuttell in particular look like very good prospects, but to be fair there didn't seem a weak link in the side.

Really good stuff, and very welcome to see with all the negativity surrounding the senior side at the moment. Well done to everyone involved.

Shoddys Lane

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 01:54:24 PM »
Nice one Pete B  ;D   

Guardian
Football live blog – 23 September

9.51am: Never heard of Mickleover? If Pete Brooksbank's email is anything to go by, it's an interesting place. "Quite incredible to think I saw more fans ejected at last night's FA Youth Cup game between Mickleover and Boston United than I did at Forest v Derby last Saturday, but it's true. Five local hoodlums were personally booted out of the ground by the Mickleover first team manager Dick Pratley, if only to save them from the Boston youth team coach who had vaulted five rows of seats to, shall we say, 'have words' with the little cretins after his assistant had been struck by a thrown object. As managerial intervention goes I doubt it's quite up there with Cloughie's famous ear-clipping of pitch invaders, but I'd love to hear other tales of heroic managers sorting out troublemakers?"

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »
Even before those lads decided to throw some paper at Mickey Nuttell (never a good idea imho), myself, Chris and Pete were discussing how scary our youth team coaches were...

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »
Even before those lads decided to throw some paper at Mickey Nuttell (never a good idea imho), myself, Chris and Pete were discussing how scary our youth team coaches were...

Yeah, but I think they lack passion Johnny........!

Two very winnable games coming up for the youth side in the Cup now - if they play as well as they did last night they should progress and perhaps end up playing a league side. Fingers crossed.